Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stand Still or Still Loosing?

My surgery was Aug. 27, I had my 2nd fill on 11/3. I went Friday 11/14 to get weighed and had lost 8 pds in 11 days. How many fills have you had?

:smile2:

Third fill today...after having started moonwalking. It was cool when Michael Jackson did it...but SO not cool when it's my weight going the wrong direction!

Third fill today...after having started moonwalking. It was cool when Michael Jackson did it...but SO not cool when it's my weight going the wrong direction!

I'm with you Lanakila! I was Aug 1st and just had my second fill-up to 1.5ccs. I'm starving, but still trying to be good, but it's tough. I'm stuck at about 43-45 lbs, including presurgery weight loss...It's frustrating, but I'm hoping the fills help eventually.

I have been at a stand still for the past two weeks. Not up, not down. Just want the scale to move. . . down of course!

Just had my 3rd fill on Friday, I am feeling some restriction as I have moved back to solids today, I am hoping that I will have that full feeling for more than an hour!

hope4newlife.... we were banded the same day! I had a few weeks where I kept losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. I knew I wasn't exercising enough so the wife and I joined a gym. I've been going every day and the scale is on the move downward again. I'm hoping to be able to average 5 gym days a month.

Good luck! Brad

Edited by bambam31
error

I am also playing with the same pound - up one week down the next. I have only had one fill - on Oct 6 - and although I am happy to have lost 57 lbs total (27 since surgery on 8/26) I am getting frustrated with the standstill. I am not scheduled for another fill until January, but they put me on a cancellation list in case any opening come up.

My weight went up & down & up again for 4+ weeks & I was beyond frustrated. I increased my exercise and joined a weight loss program for some extra support, menu ideas, & anything to help keep my hunger from getting the best of me. It appears that I FINALLY broke thru, as I was able to post a 6lb loss for last Friday's weigh in.

I go for my 3rd fill tomorrow...3 weeks ahead of schedule... he agreed to fill earlier if I kept an exercise, food, & weight journal so that he could see that I was completely 'with the program'.

Don't give up, try a variety of strategies & maybe you'll find that perfect bit of help to push you past your plateau. I'll be wishing you well!!!!

I have been losing very slowly these past weeks and I am not sure if it is becasue I am really tight. I can eat most things but not much of them. I often get stuck if I don't chew well or eat too fast. I have to be very careful. I try to get all my Protein in but, I can only eat about 500-600 calories on a good day. I am just wondering if I need to eat more to loss more???

I have been on a plateau for the past 2 weeks. I found I was eating a bit more and drinking wine way too much! I was having a glass a night which I think is what stalled me. I stopped and am exercising pretty regularly which is helping. I finally had a small loss this morning, but won't know officially until Friday weigh in.

Claudine, your loss may have slowed down because you are taking in too few calories. My nutritionist recommends 1000-1200, and up to 1400 if I am exercising regularly and with intensity. I have found that I lose more when I am on the high end of my calorie range. You should talk with a nutritionist about how you can get more calories.

I am steadily losing - 46 pounds since my surgery. I've had one fill of .6 ccs in a 4 cc band. When I went for a second fill a couple of weeks ago, my doctor and I decided that I didn't really need one, since my loss is steady and I am controlling my eating. I'll go back in January, so this holiday time will be a real test of where I am in my lifestyle changes. My goal is to lose at least another 10 pounds by New Year's Eve.

I am really tight in the mornings and can only have a Protein drink. For lunch I can barely finish a frozen meal and for dinner it is usually larger, but not by much. I can no way eat anywhere near 1000 calories unless I make poor choices. I go back Dec 15 and I may ask he Dr. what he thinks. I am satisfied with the amount of food. I did get on th scales today and I have lost quite a bit since last week. I think I am at my "sweet" spot and do not need a fill for quite some time. I used to be able to snack more and then my calories would be higher but I really don't have a desire for snacking - which is good.

I kinda miss that I will not be able to "pig" out on Thanksgiving. But that is what got me here in the 1st place.:thumbup:

Seems that I am on a little plateau right now on gain but no loss. I am being really really good too. I will just weight myself once a week now. My newer clothes are getting looser anyway which is good. My plus sized stuff is hanging off me. Tried on a few thing yesterday and now fit into "regular" sizes no plus for me any more which I am very happy about. But want to get

to a Medium in most things and a size 12 would be lovley.

Would like to lose 10 lbs. by Christmas/New Year. But I won't dwell on it with the holidays.

I was happily surprised I lost 2.4 lbs. this week.

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

I was banded 8/13/08. I have not lost anything except the same fluctuating 5 lbs. for the last 2 months. I was filled with 1 cc on 9/15/08. I feel some restriction when I eat...but cannot seem to keep the full filling for very long. I have lost as of right now including post op 36 lbs. I have lost a total of 40lbs. but that 5 lbs. comes and goes on a daily/weekly basis. My second fill is on Dec. 4th - I have to fly to Texas because here in New Mexico they have no surgens or fill centers. To drive to Arizona and see a new Dr. would actually cost me more then going back to TX each time. I have recently been getting sick when atttempting to eat 1/4 of a 1/2 of bagel - or any type of tortilla's. I have no desire to eat steak due to having to chew that much makes it very undesirable to me. My birthday was yesterday....and all in all I am very discouraged. At 33 I thought my body would still have some sort of elasticity...I was wrong. I can't find the drive to work out at the gym (on my porch) because I don't feel like I am getting anywhere...but I have restriction (some what).

Sorry for the book....I am just in need of some support....any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Happy Belated Birthday!! Don't get discouraged, sounds like you need another fill. I had my second fill on Nov. 3 and I have more restriction now. I can really tell the difference. What size band do you have? As far as eating I can't eat any bread items either no matter how well i chew. Actually tonight was the first time i was able to eat a piece of chicken breast with out having problems. Are you making sure you are chewing everything well? Are you drinking while eating? Have you tried eating turkey,sausage or even fish? I know what you mean about the loose skin. I've had two c section in the past thirteen years so that messed up the muscles now with 64 pounds gone it's getting worse. I know i will be having some cosmetic stuff done later. Let me know if any of this helped.