Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on october 1st and have lost 25ish pounds since surgery. Sometimes when I see peoples tickers that say they were banded after me and have lost like 60 or 80 pounds it makes me feel like a failure. I was just wondering if this is usually weight that they started losing before or if that's all post op. Thanks Everyone

don't pay attention or compare yourself to others. that's the best bit of advice i got & it's really true.

there are so many variables: what was their BMI / did they have a liquid pre-op / what is their calorie intake / do they exercise.....

i only lost 25lbs in my first 4+ months - it was extremely frustrating watching others tickers go by..... so i just ignored & focused on just what i had control over - me.

good luck!

Hi Blue...and l totally agree...l was banded 9/12 and l'm at 25lbs....so l would say you are right where you are supposed to be..l'm happy doing what l'm doing..l too have questioned why others seems to have lost so much so quick...slow and steady wins the race, so to speak...Keep up the great work

I know my ticker includes pre-op losses... but I agree with the others, try not to think about it as everyone is different. We're *supposed* to lose 1-2 lbs a week after we reach proper restriction, from what I've heard, so considering it'll be awhile before proper restriction for me, I'll take whatever I can get. LOL

Luluc,

I am so happy that I have finally found someone with a similar pre-op weight. I am 5'3 and 195lbs. I am really interested in getting the surgery and have actually palnned it for the first week of Dec. I wanted to know what kind of weight loss I could expect and seeing that you're a size 6 is so inspiring. Have you had any complications since the surgery? Where did you have the surgery done?

Mine also includes a pre op weight loss. I was banded 9-16-08 and have only lost 14 pounds since surgery. Depressing!

teri

Yes my ticker also has preop and I was on a severe diet for 5 1/2 weeks. Post op with the band (and after liquids were done) I haven't lost anything. I'm keeping my ticker because I HAVE lost the 41.4, and hopefully soon it will move down again, but for now I'm just holding.

I also agree with the poster who said not to compare yourself to others. It's not a race or a competition and we each have to follow this path our way! I'd like to lose 100 pounds in 5 months, but not badly enough to get bypass or really starve myself, so I'll just keep on keeping on! :Dancing_sorry:

hi trey,

with a low BMI, my weight loss was slow at first (i also had no pre-op diet). i had my surgery (dallas, tx) oct 07' ... no complications other than hungry right now, wondering if i need a fill (been since aug)...:Dancing_sorry:

good luck to you!!

I gotta say, it really bugs me that people include their pre-op weight in their weight loss tickers. It's very misleading if you ask me. When I first came to this site I got really excited, because I saw people's tickers showing all sorts of weight loss. It wasn't until later that I realized people were including pre-op weight loss (and let's face it, the pre-op diet is essentially a crash diet).

Sure, it's weight that they've lost and they should include it, but a little note that says how much of that weight was pre-op would be nice. :Dancing_sorry:

"My journey began in Pre-op"

Hello Jaime, I wanted to say that my ticker includes my pre-op. I include it because I feel

that my journey started when I started my pre-op. I feel that my pre-op prepared me for surgery because I could not have the surgery with my Doctor unless I did the pre-op.

I really feel sorry for people wo do not have a pre-op because it's more than just a diet for two weeks, it was an actual mental breakdown for shrinking your liver and learning how to eat healthy.

The first day of Pre-op I went straight cold turkey and I did not plan my food that was on my Doctor's "SHRINK YOUR LIVER DIET LIST," I just went to work as usual and thought that my Slim Fast would be all I needed. I thought I was going to die of HUNGER!

The second day I thought I was going to eat SOMEBODY because I was so hungry but thanks to one of the bloggers here I knew if I messed up pre-op that there was a chance that my Doc could go in and see my mess and close me up and say noway. I then figured out that I needed to plan, plan, plan my healthy meals and stay focused, be consistant and watch my calories, fat gram intake and I even figured how to be creative when I was in a place where I may not have had exactly what I needed. This thing broke me down and prepared me for the small portions after surgery and healthier choices.

"These are my reasons for adding my pre-op on my ticker."

I will also mention that my ticker has the details of were I was when I started and my surgery weight and my current weight.

Edited by NinaWoo

Mine also states where I am currently (been stuck there for a bit now), and where I was at surgery. I worked hard to get those pounds off prior to my surgery, and am PROUD to say I did NOT Crash diet. I had 8 weeks I worked my butt off at a gym, at home, and watching every little thing that passed my lips. I truthfully worked harder getting ready for the surgery than I have since the surgery. I got out of the exercise routine, and have had trouble getting back into it. And I wrote everything down. I'd write why I ate what I ate. How much I ate of it. I really need to go back to that.

teri

Teri I hear you girl!

I thought I was going to die with a two week pre-op but eight weeks, I would probably be dead LOL! You are a true trooper and it's in you to get back on track keep your head up and stay focused.

Congrats!!!!!

I LOVE BEING BANDED!!!!

Edited by NinaWoo

Mine also includes pre-op weight loss -- since I had to be on a 6 months monitored plan prior to insurance approving my surgery, I'm counting every pound I have lost....it's been hard! I'm 3 days post-op, but my ticker shows what I started at in March 2008 until my weight as of my surgery day.