Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK let me try over here...please come in..

Actually I'm a lot more than an OR tech -you can think what you want-you have no idea what you are talking about

Pretty hard to believe considering you flat out refuse to tell us what you do. You have to admit, your credibility isn't great. According to your old posts there is no way you are anything other than an OR tech... if that. Immediately after you got your band you used terms such as "port thing" and many similar phrases. You don't have the knowledge of anyone licensed. Certified... maybe.

I suspect the reason you flat out refuse to tell us what area of medicine you are supposedly licensed in is because in most (all?) states it is a FELONY to claim you are something you are not.

You have mentioned four times now that since we don't appreciate all your wisdom you are outta here. More credibility issues, right?

I really don't think it's any of your business what I do or where I work. Further, it really isn't safe to post your personal information online so you can stop asking me to do it because I wont. I am not giving medical advice, unlike you and your buddy who think you are band experts and Surgeons. I am providing clinical and factual data, of which you clearly wish you had before you got your band so you're mad at me for stating it. I am sorry you are so angry,maybe next time you'll do more research. I really its a joke that you are arguing with me when I have posted information from a trial of over 800 patients, with almost identical information to the US Realize band trial yet you insist you're right. So the 800 patients in the one trial and the hundreds of patients in the US trial are lying when they only lost 30% of their excess weight in 12 months? And further, the surgeon who claims " the only difference is the website did a trial of almost 1000 band patients with the old Lapbands and had over 60% excess weight loss yet the Realize Bands post only 43% Excess Weight loss at 3 years. Yet somehow there is no difference. How do you explain that?

I am not giving advice and I can call myself the President of the United States if I want, it's not a crime without intent to deceive. It seems you know as much about the law as you do gastric banding.

This site is for support so why don't you stop wasting time yelling at me and say something that can help someone. Post some facts, not your opinion.

Please remember to stick to the topic and not insult one another.

I really don't think it's any of your business what I do or where I work. Further, it really isn't safe to post your personal information online so you can stop asking me to do it because I wont. I am not giving medical advice, unlike you and your buddy who think you are band experts and Surgeons. I am providing clinical and factual data, of which you clearly wish you had before you got your band so you're mad at me for stating it. I am sorry you are so angry,maybe next time you'll do more research. I really its a joke that you are arguing with me when I have posted information from a trial of over 800 patients, with almost identical information to the US Realize band trial yet you insist you're right. So the 800 patients in the one trial and the hundreds of patients in the US trial are lying when they only lost 30% of their excess weight in 12 months? And further, the surgeon who claims " the only difference is the website did a trial of almost 1000 band patients with the old Lapbands and had over 60% excess weight loss yet the Realize Bands post only 43% Excess Weight loss at 3 years. Yet somehow there is no difference. How do you explain that?

I am not giving advice and I can call myself the President of the United States if I want, it's not a crime without intent to deceive. It seems you know as much about the law as you do gastric banding.

This site is for support so why don't you stop wasting time yelling at me and say something that can help someone. Post some facts, not your opinion.

Nobody asked what you do for a living, you offered that freely. Nobody asked where you work. Nobody asked your name, location, what doctors you work for, none of it. All I have asked you as well as the moderators is what level of licensing you have... if any. That just isn't personal contact info, that is defending your claims that you have more medical education than MacMadame and me combined. Playing victim here isn't going to work.

You most certainly have given medical advice, you told someone when to do as her doctor instructed and when to disregard his advice. I posted the link and the quote for you.

You are doing a lot of projection here, accusing everyone around you of doing what, in fact, it is you doing.

How do you know what information I had when I was banded? The band did a great job for me. I lost my excess weight in 10 months. I did better than you so what is it that you believe I wish I would have known? No band would be beneficial for me long term. I had problems that were not related to the type of band I had, I'd have the same problems with any band. That's why I switched to a sleeve instead of another band. More projection?

If you will notice I have not debated your stats. Show me the post where I claim your studies are wrong. *I* am the one that has posted previously that the J&J band does turn into a triangular shape. I am the one that has posted that if I were to get another band, and I wouldn't, it wouldn't be the J&J band it would be Inamed (if I wanted an FDA approved band, the band I would get otherwise is the midband). Since you can't climb out of the hole you have created for yourself you are creating claims and saying they came from me. They most certainly did not. I haven't made ANY of the claims you are throwing around.

No, what I am saying is that you are claiming to be a licensed medical professional with more education than MacMadame and I combined, that makes you a BSN or better. As soon as you state just what licensed medical professional you are (and you aren't) then you most certainly are breaking the law. In most states it is a felony to claim you are a nurse when in fact, you are not. A woman on the OH board just got in trouble for that and the records are public and available for all to see on line. THAT is why you won't tell us what level of licensing you have, then you open yourself up for a world of trouble. So I beg to differ, it is you that doesn't have a clue what you are talking about. But you do know enough not to tell us your level of licensing.

You created a hole for yourself that you don't quite know how to climb out of. But it is interesting watching you try.

You know, I have a Realize band. It is in me, I don't plan on taking it out anytime soon. I look at this site for help and support, cause let's face it...every band, every procedure has it's ups and downs. I honestly and truthfully just want to have Realize discussions without it decending into this quarreling. I was excited that this thread was starting because I thought I would be able to share stories with others about my Realize experience but EVERY SINGLE thing I see with Realize mentioned, Rockbandster jumps in and quite frankly RUINS the whole thing. I don't even get on here much anymore because what is said is not helpful, comforting, or enjoyable. I am disappointed in the moderators for not controlling this better. Maybe a sticky should be made at the top that says "Rockbandster's controversial opinion about the Realize band." Then block her out from contributing anything about Realize since she/he has hijacked this. I, along with many others, want this to be useful. ROCKBANDSTER, I have a Realize already, it's not changing, please let me get something out of this, your comments and opinions ARE NOT helping me, they are discouraging, disheartening, and anger inducing. Am I to assume this is your intention, even though you repeatedly say you just want to help? You are doing harm.

4crazyboys,

I understand your frustration and, as a moderator, have to follow the rules that govern when we are able to suspend/ban a member. The administrator is well aware of the tone and contents of this thread and is taking appropriate action.

I do think that rockbandster has made his/her point very well known. It's gotten to the point now where it seems like an obsession or a mission that he/she must "educate" everyone who has the Realize band on what a poor choice they made. The saying, "beating a dead horse" comes to mind.

Please DO voice your concerns and ask whatever questions you have. It has become quite well known that any post created by Rockbandster will contain the same information against the Realize band and many people now just skip over reading what he/she says.

The Realize band is new and many people have it. I have the inamed band but want to know how people with ALL types of surgical interventions are doing... pros and cons. Have faith that the administrators are on top of this situation and don't let one poster keep you from sharing and helping others.

I really don't think it's any of your business what I do or where I work.

You made it our business when you tried to use your credentials to make people who disagree with you shut up.

This is a support site and people should feel free to post their personal experiences and what their surgeons told them and the results of any research they have done without being told they don't have the credentials to be posting. The only people who need credentials are the ones who are claiming a higher level of expertise than your average patient.

It appears that rockbandster wants to do nothing other than start fights and make sure they keep going. It's sad and ridiculous at the same time.

This board is for support not for people who are not bariatric surgeons to spew their garbage.

Ok so back to my original post. I still do not have restriction. I actually have never had that "full" feeling. I am suppose to be at 10cc in my band but I can't really say that is true I have an appointment on the 6th and they are going to take it all out and re-measure the saline that is inside. I wonder what the problem is? Also I need solid Protein food ideas I have been looking around for those too maybe I am eating the wrong foods I eat what I cook for my hubby and family it's just there is no restriction at all...oh well I'll see what we can do on the 6th....

Slinderella2b, has the doctor checked your Fluid level at your fill appointments? Also, when I had a fill under x-ray, the doctor had me take a barium swallow prior to my fill to see if I had restriction. The barium ran through pretty quickly, so it was apparent that I could use another fill.

On the other hand, I will say that a friend of mine has the AP Band which is a larger band. She has an over-fill in it, and has very little, if any, restriction. So, it does seem that this happens occasionally to people, sadly.

Good luck, and please keep us updated. I hope you're able to solve this problem at your next appointment.

I was just banded the 15th--no fills yet. I am guessing your problem is unique? Sorry you are not getting any answers but maybe you could keep us up to date with this problem and how it rsolves itself? That would be much appreciated. Thanks, Kathy

I don't think her problem is exactly unique. I've seen it posted on LBT before. Generally it's one of several things:

1) Band or port or tubing is leaking and the fill isn't staying - sometimes just using a thicker Fluid will fix this and sometimes you have to replace the band, port and/or tubing.

2) Some people don't feel *any* restriction until their band is quite full and right up until the last fill that gives them restriction. So they are frustrated until they get that last fill in.

3) Some people's stomachs are too small for the size band they got. Either they got a bigger Lap-band than they should have or they are just too small for the Realize (which comes in only one size, but has a bigger reservoir so it can accomodate more different kinds of stomachs). You can overfill the bands and sometimes that works, but if it doesn't, you have to replace the band with a smaller one.

4) The amount in the band isn't what the paperwork says for some reason (but the band isn't leaking). Taking all the Fluid out and seeing how much is there will tell you that. If there is much less than the office thinks, make sure they are HITTING THE PORT. Yes, sometimes they just inject the fluid into your stomach and miss your port and then it does no good at all.

Most of the time, the problem is #2 or #4 so don't get too stressed.

I don't have any restriction anymore. Yet I was throwing up in my sleep, so I had to have part of my fill removed. I have what my doctor feels is the maximum amount I can have without those night time problems.

It's actually pretty common for people to feel over full, and throwing up all the time, or not feeling restricted and

not being able to "find the sweet spot"

I see that all the time on this board, no matter which kind or what size the band is.

Slinderella~ When I get my fills they always pull out the saline to check and make sure the same amount is still in the band, and then they add the new amount of saline.

Right now I am at 6cc and feeling restriction. I am feeling pretty tight right now. I have to watch what I eat and make sure I am getting my Protein in at the beginning of my meal, no extra bites!

For Protein I eat chicken, cottage cheese, Beans and eggs. Those items tend to be my main stays. If you take a look on the food & nutrition forum there are some great recipe ideas.

I too have to cook for my family, sometimes I will eat what they are eating, but other times I will have a variation on what they eat. Tonight I made them a Thai chicken pizza, I had some of the chicken and cucumbers for dinner, while they ate the pizza.< /p>

Good luck, I hope you can get this resolved when you meet with your doc!

Thank you everyone that is "our" plan this next appointment is to take it all out and measure exactly how much is in the band. I had/have some restriction but I only get to the point of getting stuck (eating too fast) and well that is about it. I think it has to do with how I am eating...I ate slow this morning 2 eggs and 2 sausage patties and I ate real slow and although it's in my throat I think I have no desire to eat anymore. That is not the Full feeling I thought I would have. I can't wait till the 6th I am very anxious about finding out...thank you very much for your thoughts and responses. I will keep you all updated...