Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK let me try over here...please come in..

Thank you everyone that is "our" plan this next appointment is to take it all out and measure exactly how much is in the band. I had/have some restriction but I only get to the point of getting stuck (eating too fast) and well that is about it. I think it has to do with how I am eating...I ate slow this morning 2 eggs and 2 sausage patties and I ate real slow and although it's in my throat I think I have no desire to eat anymore. That is not the Full feeling I thought I would have. I can't wait till the 6th I am very anxious about finding out...thank you very much for your thoughts and responses. I will keep you all updated...

I think one problem a lot of people have is that they are looking for the old kind of "full" feeling. Most with a band have a new feeling that feels "full" and if you keep eating until you get the old feeling (pre band) you are not going to find that feeling and you'll overeat and barf.

But remember, none of are eating to feel full anymore. That's the fat mentality rearing its ugly head. Naturally thin people don't eat until they are full or stuffed, they eat until they are no longer hungry.

While you are eating every other bite stop and carefully think:

Are you still hungry? Eat two more bites.

Are you satisfied? Stop eating.

Are you full? You ate too much.

It's harder than you think. ;o)

Thank you was, I think I am going through the head hunger or rather I think it's what I have been used to all these years and I can't break the habit!!! I NEED WILL POWER!!!!

Thank you was, I think I am going through the head hunger or rather I think it's what I have been used to all these years and I can't break the habit!!! I NEED WILL POWER!!!!

That comes with time.

I had WLS 2 years ago and I still have days that I go to the frig 20x a day. I have to stop and think... am I really hungry or do I just want to eat. Most times I shut the door on the frig and go find something more productive to do. ;o)

Most of us got fat because we eat when we are not hungry, we eat for something to do, we enjoy the flavor of food, we love the huge bites of food and the full feeling, it's a bit like carbonation. When I used to drink soda pre-WLS I loved guzzling it in the mornings. It hurt so good! HA! Full is the same thing, it hurts so good.

Thing is, with a band "full" doesn't feel the same for most. It's a different feeling and if you keep eating until you get that "full-it hurts so good" it's not going to happen. Those days are over.

I got that lesson twofold. I battled it banded and then over time I got to the point that I couldn't remember what "full" used to feel like. Then I was sleeved and I got a sharp reminder. Full with a sleeve feels the same as before any WLS. It doesn't hurt so good anymore. ;o) It just hurts. I don't crave that feeling or tolerate it well anymore. It was kind of like... "Ohhhhh! I remember this!" It's no longer a good kind of hurt. It just hurts. Not sure what I found so appealing about it before, I think it was just a way of life.

Edited by WASaBubbleButt

Thank you everyone that is "our" plan this next appointment is to take it all out and measure exactly how much is in the band. I had/have some restriction but I only get to the point of getting stuck (eating too fast) and well that is about it. I think it has to do with how I am eating...I ate slow this morning 2 eggs and 2 sausage patties and I ate real slow and although it's in my throat I think I have no desire to eat anymore. That is not the Full feeling I thought I would have. I can't wait till the 6th I am very anxious about finding out...thank you very much for your thoughts and responses. I will keep you all updated...

One of the most important things is taking itty bitty tiny bites. When we say tiny, we mean the size of a pencil eraser.

Then chew it up until it's liquid in your mouth. Then wait, see how it goes down before taking another bite. If you do that, taking tiny bites and chewing until it's liquid, you should not

have that stuck feeling.

It's harder than you think. ;o)

You can say that again! This has been the hardest thing for me.

But I'm getting better!

If you are relying on will power you are doomed to failure.

You MUST create an identity of a healthy, fit vital person.

Then everything will fall into place and this will be natural.

Rockbandster--you do have an abrasive way of putting things!! While I agree that will power doesn't cut it, the answer is not as simple as that. To say that you need an identity as a healthy, fit, vital person is the same as saying you need will power.

The path is different for each of us. I have an eating disorder. I am a binge eater and an emotional eater. Have been overeating most of my life to stifle the pain. FOR ME, the answer is Overeaters Anonymous. I founde a healthy eating plan for me in June--no sugar and very little white flour--I switched to whole grains and found my food much more satisfying and healthy than before. That and the support, and the steps have helped diminish my cravings. "New studies" as they say, have shown that overeating and eating high simple carbs gives a hit of dopamine and serotonin--that feel good feeling. Great in my hopelessly serotonin/dopamine deficient life.

Once I started to lose weight I began to hope that I could have a WLS and not "eat over" it. I have the power to ruin any weight loss program with my compulsive eating and self-destructive behavior. So the AGB and OA ( which is the same eating plan--just smaller amounts) might work well together for me.

So far, so good. Banded 12/15/08. Lost 50 pounds pre-op and another 12 pounds in 2 weeks. Thanks to my newly active lifestyle, and walking, too. My self-esteem is up, my mobility, etc.

OH, I FORGOT!!! In Overeater's Anonymous we do not believe in willpower. We admit that we are powerless over food and that our lives had become unmanageable. This is a great relief TO ME. Now I know I am not lazy, crazy, etc. and can got on with things.

So, Rockbandster, this is the beginning of the answers I have found for me.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts and ideas? What you do? How you feel?

This is a great place for support. I have seen a lot of it. Lets keep it up. Thanks for listening to my random thoughts. kathy