Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I could never imagine the amazing results I got....

I have lost 120 pounds on lap band in 11 months. I have been going back and forth between 5 pounds here and there, which means it is fill time. I only have 6.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I really have not exersized that much or really done anything that went above or beyond. I truly feel that I was just lucky. For me it was all about Portion Control. Lab Band really gives me that portion control. I am so blessed to be in the place that I am at right now with my life. My husband looks at me as a whole new women because of the confidence that I have. Our relationship has never been better, he gets jelous when guys look at me, and I love it. I go out with my friends all the time and I use to just want to stay home. In the next year we are going to start our family, after being married for 5 years and I now can be healthy for my future child (which is one of the main reasons I did it). I am only 25 and finally I am living my life like a 25 year old should and making the most of it. I love the shopping that I get to do in the Juniors or Misses sections. My sister is only like 110 pounds and it is so nice to go in to a store and not have to split up because we can shop in the same area. No more red face because I am in the plus size section. I feel free and full of energy. This is such a rush and such an amazing journey. I just can not tell you all how blessed everyone is who gets to have a lapband and ever more blessed when your insurance company pays for it like mine. But even if they would not have, I would gladly pay $10K plus to feel the way I do. I would do it over and over again a million times. We truly are lucky people!!! I LOVE my band!!!

Edited by kris102003

You are an inspiration! Congratulations on your weight loss and your new life! I am excited for you. I hope people who are discouraged get to see your post.

I am doing well with my band, too, and feel really lucky to have it. POWER TO THE BAND!!

congratulations :laugh: I thought it was a pipe dream that I would lose what I have already lost but here I am down 65 in 6 months :thumbup:

I agree with you completely. After losing almost 100% of my excess weight to bring me to a normal BMI, I couldn't be more thrilled. I love, love, love my band.

Thanks for the inspiration - I will be banded next week and get nervous every time I read a negative post.

Hi Kris,

Just wanted to thank you for this post and sharing your inspirational story/journey. I'll be banded next Tuesday and I'm so thrilled about it. I look forward to starting my journey and hope and pray that I have great results as you have.

I agree that we are blessed that our health insurance is paying for this necessary procedure! I feel blessed that the approval process went very smoothly for me after reading so many discouraging stories from others.

I'm so excited and can't wait to be able to share my results as you have.

Inspirations and continued blessings,

Nat

congrats on your success! i truly feel its about Portion Control too and exercise. i cannot wait to be out of the plus size area and into reg sizes. you are an inspiration. im hoping to hit my goal by next summer. i have over 80 to go but i can do it. and stories like you help keep me going. thank you

KRIS, congratulations. It is amazing how small things like being able to shop in the same section in stores with your sister can put a smile on your face. I think everyone should have to live in an overweight persons body for a year and people would get back to the reality that the little things in life are the most important. I know even for myself it's the little things that I couldn't do for 10 years are now amazing to me. It puts a real joy back in life! In a way we have had the ability to be reborn and see the world in a whole new way. To actually appreciate and be excited about life again. THE BAND HAS BEEN MY LIFE SAVER!

OMG! It feels so good to read such an inspiring story!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! I've been going back and forth on whether I should actually go through with this and you make me feel like I can do this!!! I truly do appreciate it!!

Wow, our stories are very similar! The only thing I regret about lapband is that I could have done it when I was younger. I had my first baby at 25 and got the band when I was 37. I also feel like it was all about Portion Control for me. I never diet or watch what I eat. I always eat what I am craving, but it is in very small portions. I still have about 20 pounds to go, but as of today have lost 120 pounds. Congrats to you, and I'm jealous that you have many more years to enjoy it!!