Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Samurai Running Weigh Loss

Kiz, you have a Realize Band also.

1. When I asked the size I was told they don't have sizes.

2. Did they have trouble getting the needle for your fills?

3. Anyway, I was just shocked that you knew your size and have had so many fills.

Hi Debbie.

1. The Realize Band only comes in one size - 9 cc. Maybe they meant you could only get the one size, l I hope.

2. No, not at all, thankfully. It's been very quick and painless. I don't want to jinx myself, but there's never been an issue with the needle. I'm amazed at how quickly and easily they hit the port.

3. The upside to having to pay out of pocket is not dealing with the insurance for my care. My doctor allows one year of free fills, and after that, I think they run around $200, so he's very serious about getting the self-pays to goal weight in a year's time.

Since I don't have to get insurance approval, I got an in-office fill without a fill appointment last week. The doctor's office makes the hospital appointment for the fill clinic, which is done under x-ray. They always do the first fill that way.

The second fill, I had in-office with a fill appointment. A week after the second fill, I could tell I wasn't at the restriction level I hoped to have, so they made the clinic fill appointment for me. They checked the restriction before the fill, and I was still open.

After the third fill, I could really tell a big difference, but after a couple of weeks, I felt I could use a little more Fluid in my band. I had my regular four week appointment already scheduled, and when I was in the office, I said I didn't quite feel like I had enough restriction. She pulled the Fluid out of the band, and it checked okay, so no leaks, and she gave me a 1 cc boost. So far, I feel like this is the perfect amount for me. I'm not restricted so much that I can't eat pretty normally, but a little slower and a chewed well, but I'm not pb'ing on bread, rice or chicken (three things I've tried since my last fill).

As an aside, you're doing FANTASTIC with your weight loss. I'm sure you're feeling like you're not getting all the benefit from the band that you know is possible. After that third fill, I finally knew what the band could do for me, and I that's where I want to stay. I couldn't believe how long I could feel completely satisfied with such a small amount of food.

Good luck to you, and hope your doctor gets you to that sweet spot before too long!!! :tongue_smilie:

Hi Debbie.

Good luck to you, and hope your doctor gets you to that sweet spot before too long!!! :)

Thanks Kiz, I know I was long winded. I liked the feeling so muh after my first fill and it lasted well over a month. See and I was right, TRUST YOUR BODY. You knew how you felt.

I will be patient and just keep exercising. I think I just need a little more.

I appreciate your help so much. Debbie

And the scale finally moved this morning. :tounge_smile:

"And the scale finally moved this morning."

Debbie, I meant to add that sometimes the scale seems stuck, but then suddenly I get movement. I'm very happy for you!! I'm trying not to focus too much on that darn number, but it sure is great to see it get smaller.

I know I'm losing inches even when the scale doesn't budge. Pants that just started to fit a couple of weeks ago are now saggy, and I bought a smaller size of jeans yesterday, and they fit (well, they were snug, but not as tight as the biggest size I was wearing pre-banding).

WOW!!!

I DID IT!!!!

ONEDERLAND TODAY!!!

My scale has been sitting at 200 for several days now. I told myself I wasn't going to weigh today but I just had to and I was 198.5! I had set this as my goal to make by Christmas and I did. :tt1:"I Love My Band" :smile: I work in one of my doctors' office's and checked to see the last time I was this low but my records do not go back any farther than 1995 and I have never been below 200 in at least 13 years! Simone

MERRY CHRISTMAS

EVERYONE!!

WOW!!!

I DID IT!!!!

ONEDERLAND TODAY!!!

My scale has been sitting at 200 for several days now. I told myself I wasn't going to weigh today but I just had to and I was 198.5! I had set this as my goal to make by Christmas and I did. :tt1:"I Love My Band" :smile: I work in one of my doctors' office's and checked to see the last time I was this low but my records do not go back any farther than 1995 and I have never been below 200 in at least 13 years! Simone

MERRY CHRISTMAS

EVERYONE!!

36_1_75.gif 36_1_55.gif 4_17_211.gif

That's onederful news, simone!! That's what this band is all about!!!

Congrats Samurais! Isn't it wonderful to look better for the holidays?! I wore a new outfit to church last night - what a difference from last year. I know I have a long way to go - but the journey is well on its way. May you all have a blessed Christmas enjoying the true meaning of joy and peace and not just how much food we can cram in! :thumbup:

I hit a GOAL - I am officially under 210!:hurray:

209 this morning. I cannot believe it, three weeks at 215 and I dropped it in a few days.

Next stop under 200. I cannot believe it. I am lower than I have been since 1987. I am down to a size 18 and I am taking some of my nice larger clothes to our gathering tonight. If larger relatives want them, they may have them.

I cannot believe it. I love my band. It is hard work, but it is worth it. And my blood sugar is hovering around 101-105. I stop taking my meds at 99. That is a big goal for me too.

I see my regular Dr in two weeks. I know he will be shocked. I can only hope that he allows me to cut back on my blood pressure meds. My Dr said he would be happy if I could just get under 200. That has been one of my goals for quite a while. I do want to say that I am not embarrassed to tell people what I weigh now. Telling people you almost weight 300 pounds is different than saying you weight 200.

I feel better, I can breath when I go upstairs. I can walk and not die. I don't get chest pains all the time. I am just so blown away. I am speachless Debbie :laugh:

:thumbup:CONGRATS DEBBIE!!!:hurray:

WAY TO GO!!!!:laugh:

I know how GREAT I felt a week ago when I got under 200 for the 1st time in years. Makes all we've gone thru worth it! Keep up the great work. Simone

WTG Debbie, and Simone.

I'm going for 215 for my birthday (2/5) since I didn't make it for Christmas. Not disappointed in my band, but in me... but I'm still working hard.

Teri

Hi all ... I ll try tomorrow to accumalate all the new losses and see if we will hit the 1,000 LBS. ... I m facing the same plateau some of you have but the good part is that now i m below 100 so I m happy to be where I m since I think the last time I was there was in 1998.... I had a new outfit for Christmas, a skirt with long boots ... a complete change of my look and i m so happy ... I beleive that this will be the time to stabalize my weight below a 100 Kg and then go for the 2nd run to hit below 80 in 6 months ...

GREAT JOB Sumarai and hopefully 2009 will be greater yet ....

Everyone is doing great. Add me to the list...49 lbs in 3 months. Isn't that wild??? If I didn't have the band I would have already failed by now and put all the weight back and more. I'm so so glad those days are over.

hey everybody! haven't been here in a while. i am so glad to see how great everyone is doing. go debbie!!! anyway, i have lost a total of 40 pounds since 09/26/08. I am so excited. i got my third fill on the monday before Christmas and now I have real restriction. I am soooo glad i did this. congrats to everybody and keep up the good work. Happy New Year.:tongue_smilie:

I cannot believe all of you have had so many fills.

I have an HMO and need approval. I knew something was wrong around Thanksgiving but didn't say anything. I didn't want the hassel, thought it must be me. Finally I knew, I felt no restriction except when I was upset. Go Figure, maybe I should stay pissed off all the time.:lol:

Anyway I decided to email my dr and ask for a fill, to tell the truth I was afraid. HE SAID YES. So I called his assistant immediately. Seems he emailed her too. She said she had to request approval from the HMO, call back in a couple days. So I did, she told me there was nothing. CAlled back in a few more, nothing. Finally, right before Christmas she tells me, Oh they need more information and I am out until the 5th of January so if I don't get approval before then you are out of luck. Guess what, no approval.

So I call the HMO. Talked to a real sweet person. Asked them why they approved me for the band if they are not going to let me get it adjusted/fills. She told me they received the initial request a week after I was told it was submitted and yes they did ask for more info, but never received it. AND YES, THEY DO WANT ME TO SUCCEED. They will approve the fills, they just need the paperwork.

So now I find out it is the STUPID ASSISTANT! :Banane20:

Guess who is going to get a call on January 5 beginning at 8am.

So my fill is on hold. I will be fine, it is just so hard :sad:. It feels like I have no restriction at all, even though I know that is not true.

Thanks for all your support. :) I couldn't do it without you. Debbie

Hang in there Debbie - you're doing great even without a lot of restriction. I've only had one fill so far, turned down the chance of a second at my last visit because I didn't want to not be able to eat at Christmas (some of my family don't know I had the band) and then I couldn't eat anyway because I was sick. I get my next fill on Tuesday. It takes a lot of "will power" some days to stay the course, but you've made it this far, and I'm willing to bet you can keep up the good work. :) Simone