Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I'm pretty similar, I usually don't eat Breakfast (up and running at 6 am getting the kids off and gym), sometimes I'll eat around 10 am--two eggs or a low carb Protein Shake. lunch is usually around 1 or 2, and sometimes it's just a South Beach Bar or sometimes a salad with some shrimp. Evening is the boring time, I don't watch TV, so I'm usually out of my mind bored and head hunger kicks in. I eat dinner around 7, usually chicken or fish with potato (tons of carbs). Sometimes, like tonight, I ate no breakfast, didn't eat till 11:30, a cheeseburger too (no bun) and then wasn't hungry at all tonight, but ate a half cup of chinese chow mein noodles (tons of carbs, again), but I love 'em. So, today, all in all, I only ate about 800 calories and am not hungry. I worked off 800 calories at the gym, and am at a deficit of 1600 calories so far for the day. Not bad, but not good choices today. Plus I haven't gotten all my Water in, so I'm sipping like mad!

It's interesting to see what others are eating. My doctor told me to totally stay away from the drinks because they won't make me feel full....but I do eat the Atkins bars for breakfast on mornings I go into the office or don't have time to fix breakfast. Lunch is usually a salad with grilled chicken, tuna salad or leftovers from the previous nights' meal. I have 1 late afternoon snack of a piece of fruit (usually) or PB on a low-fat cracker. Then 3-4 oz of grilled/baked meat, a veggie of some sort for supper -- I eat around 7:00 and don't eat again until breakfast. I'm happy with my weight loss for now -- the doc did add .5cc to my band today, so we'll see how I do with that! My doc said I was eating too many carbs, so I cut way back on them this month and lost less weight!

HELP! I'm scheduled for a fill tomorrow...but I just don't know if I need one. I'm guessing yes, because I don't think I really feel restriction, I usually stop eating after 3/4 to 1 cup because I think i should (eating about 1000 calories a day). I'm in another plateau....seems to be a cycle, lose 10 pounds, then stop for a week or two. I do get 'stuck' usually on my first bite or two from not chewing well or eating the wrong thing, can still eat bread, have never pb'd. I have 8ccs in a 10cc band. When you guys say you are feeling good restriction....what does it feel like????

HELP! I'm scheduled for a fill tomorrow...but I just don't know if I need one. I'm guessing yes, because I don't think I really feel restriction, I usually stop eating after 3/4 to 1 cup because I think i should (eating about 1000 calories a day). I'm in another plateau....seems to be a cycle, lose 10 pounds, then stop for a week or two. I do get 'stuck' usually on my first bite or two from not chewing well or eating the wrong thing, can still eat bread, have never pb'd. I have 8ccs in a 10cc band. When you guys say you are feeling good restriction....what does it feel like????

Hi Elyse!

Restriction for me feels like a tightness in my chest when I try to eat too much. For instance, I just finished an apple. I know I am getting full because I can feel the tightness and I know if I eat any more, I'll get "stuck".

**TMI Alert**

Getting stuck feels like wanting to throw up or burp, but you can't. Sometimes that's my warning signal - since my 2nd fill, I notice I have the feeling I want to burp when I'm eating too fast or trying to eat too much.

The PB is kinda unique - if you've ever dry heaved or thrown up, it feels pretty much like that! I notice lots of saliva before that happens (the 'sliming' experience) and my mom used to say when you get "clear water" running in your throat, run for the bathroom! I think that is the additional saliva trying to "wash down" whatever is stuck, but if it doesn't work, up it comes!

If you've never PB'ed, don't feel tightness or pain in your chest, and you're still losing at a rate that you and your doctor feel is sufficient, I'd say don't mess with success and keep going!

Also - be sure that 1000 calories is ENOUGH for you...not knowing your stats, I can't tell you that, but I have read several messages from banders who say that when they restrict calories TOO MUCH, it makes losing next to impossible because your body goes into "starvation mode" and hangs on to every single calorie.

Let us know how you're doing!:thumbup:

Hi Elyse!

Restriction for me feels like a tightness in my chest when I try to eat too much. For instance, I just finished an apple. I know I am getting full because I can feel the tightness and I know if I eat any more, I'll get "stuck".

**TMI Alert**

Getting stuck feels like wanting to throw up or burp, but you can't. Sometimes that's my warning signal - since my 2nd fill, I notice I have the feeling I want to burp when I'm eating too fast or trying to eat too much.

The PB is kinda unique - if you've ever dry heaved or thrown up, it feels pretty much like that! I notice lots of saliva before that happens (the 'sliming' experience) and my mom used to say when you get "clear water" running in your throat, run for the bathroom! I think that is the additional saliva trying to "wash down" whatever is stuck, but if it doesn't work, up it comes!

If you've never PB'ed, don't feel tightness or pain in your chest, and you're still losing at a rate that you and your doctor feel is sufficient, I'd say don't mess with success and keep going!

Also - be sure that 1000 calories is ENOUGH for you...not knowing your stats, I can't tell you that, but I have read several messages from banders who say that when they restrict calories TOO MUCH, it makes losing next to impossible because your body goes into "starvation mode" and hangs on to every single calorie.

Let us know how you're doing!:thumbup:

Thank you, Ebony. I went, he fluorscoped me, said I was pretty loose, put in 1.4 cc, now at 9.4cc in a 10cc band, but he said everytime you have a fill you need to deduct about.3cc for loading the needle. So, he said really I'm probably just over 8. It's tight, I can feel it just drinking Water. He also told me that the bands try to settle a little bit into the narrower spots of your stomach (not much, they are stitched down), and that eventually it'll get nailed to where it can't move around anymore. (Think watchband on your wrist, how it'll move up and down to narrowest point). He did recommend staying at or around 1000 calories. Somedays I'm a little higher, somedays a little lower. It'll all pan out.

I just had my 3rd fill Wednesday. I think I am eating too much. i have a stomach ach after I eat. My mind wants to keep eating but I am full. I think I have 4.5 cc in an 8 cc band. People talk about food getting stuck I am not sure if that is what I am feeling. What are your thoughts on the subject.

Oh boy Ebony, you hit it on the head. I'm a mess! I haven't pb'd yet, but got that whole slime thing going on and EVERYTHING is stuck, which is funny cause I'm on mushies. This fill is a BIG slow down for me, I have to mush mush mush before I swallow....and oh the pain when it gets stuck. Just the thought of eating anything makes me nervous. Hopefully it will be a little better in a couple of days!

Hi everyone,

I was banded one month ago today & got a fill this past tues. so far Iv'e been able to eat anything without getting stuck or full so I don't know if I got enough of a fill. He said it was 4cc he put in, who knows. what's a sweet spot mean? Thanks KimmyQ

I know the feeling...feels like I would imagine choking feels. Makes you want to give up eating. Not that I want the pain, but it makes you very aware of what you are eating and makes you stop. It feels like nothing else can get down thru there. And, I am eating small, small portions. DH worries about how little I am eating, but am satisfied. This second fill has really helped me. Bring on the weightloss. Stay strong though, the head hunger is always lurking.

I haven't figured out how to convince my head that I don't want those things that I KNOW will cause me problems.. has anyone gotten there yet? My brain tells me I want it and I give in and wow..... get stuck, slime, pb, the whole nine yards and then at the same time have all those feelings ya'll are talking about... At least it helps to know others are going through the same things.

I'm with some of you on the PB'n thing. It seems I really can't eat anything other than Soups and some types of chips. It seems I yack up everything. I sure hope it gets better. I'm losing weight though, a big plus.

Steve

heck yeah ... meat lately since my third fill is tough .. it scares me to eat it at times.... that stuck feeling in your chest is awfull:cursing: I can't eat pork at all ...for some reason that and steak get stuck!! What an awfull feeling. bread = Extream pain!!

I have days with no issues and then I will have days where I have a cup of milk for early morning breakfast and then PB. Weird!

After my second fill last Tuesday, everything is hard to get down. I chew,chew,chew and still some things get stuck and boy is that painful. I am amazed at how little I am eating now though and the scale is moving again. Not long ago I was ready to give up, so hang in there. Once you receive enough fills to have some help from your band, it is a whole different world. I feel like I can make it now. Someone just had to tell me it is lunch time. When did that ever happen before :) chicken salad and grapes for lunch. Healthy and filling. Good luck to everyone. Keep up the good work and thanks for the encouragement when I needed it so badly.