Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I think I am very very close to my sweet spot and am doing really really great. I can eat pretty much anything (but choose not to eat any kind of bread), get full fast and stay full 4-5 hours. And the scale is moving down. I am really happy! My third fill on the 20th definitely helped. I have 6.5 cc in my 10 cc band now.

Prior to that fill I was struggling as well and scared I was going to fail. Now I feel much more empowered, am going to the gym three times a week and have started a yoga class. My clothes are all loose and I did my first sweep this weekend of getting rid of things I know I will never wear again because they are too big.

I think I am very very close to my sweet spot and am doing really really great. I can eat pretty much anything (but choose not to eat any kind of bread), get full fast and stay full 4-5 hours. And the scale is moving down. I am really happy! My third fill on the 20th definitely helped. I have 6.5 cc in my 10 cc band now.

Prior to that fill I was struggling as well and scared I was going to fail. Now I feel much more empowered, am going to the gym three times a week and have started a yoga class. My clothes are all loose and I did my first sweep this weekend of getting rid of things I know I will never wear again because they are too big.

YAY! I've been really good about going to the gym, too. 5 days a week for an hour a day. Can't really tell if my clothes are fitting better...I've lived in yoga pants for so long! Can't wait to get the boxes of clothes out of the attic from when I was skinny!

Congrats, it seems that 6-7 cc may be the mark for both of us!

WEll I had a fill last week, so now I am at 4.5cc. I am hoping that 6cc will be my sweet spot, because I feel like I am stuck. I am feeling good. I have more energy, but a bit discouraged that I haven't had a big weight loss. I would love to loose 40 pounds (in all) by April. Do you think I am being unrealistic?

:(

Gentylwind, we were banded the same day. I had my first fill on 1/20, 4 ccs. I am happy to see you doing so well. My weightloss has stalled, but this fill is helping. The band is still not doing all I had hoped, but I can tell a difference. I cannot eat bread AT ALL. It is scary when I try. I have lost 26 pounds, but with eating so much less and exercising most everyday, I had hoped for more. I have been watching your posts from the beginning. Keep up the good work...it keeps me motivated.

WEll I had a fill last week, so now I am at 4.5cc. I am hoping that 6cc will be my sweet spot, because I feel like I am stuck. I am feeling good. I have more energy, but a bit discouraged that I haven't had a big weight loss. I would love to loose 40 pounds (in all) by April. Do you think I am being unrealistic?

:(

I don't think 10 lbs a month is unrealistic, that's kind of been my rule of thumb so far.

I pray that I am able to. I am working out regularly and bring lunch into work. I just want to see better results on the scale. Its funny, I did well while only eating Soup, but I was hungry. I don't want to starve myself just to loose the weight. I had to remind myself, that the LapBand surgery has a slower weight loss process, but I just really want to see some result.

I am praying for patience :blush:

Hello all.....I was banded 11/3 and everthing went well. I bounced back pretty good. I have had 2 fills and those went well....here is the problem. I am not losing...I can eat too much still I have only lost a total of 20lbs and half of that was gained back. I am worried I will be one of those who "failed" with the band. I am making better choices but I can eat as much as I want. I am walking around 20-25 miles a week in addition to my normal routine. I am to get my next fill on 2/3 and I can't wait. I am not sure what I should feel. If I don't chew things well I get them stuck....but other than that I can eat as much as I want...and am still hungry a lot! Please tell me this will get better when we get the sweet spot....I don't want to fail at this....I just don't!

I totally understand where you are coming from. I've had 2 fills with no restriction. I have been able to eat anything. Every now & then, I feel the band and I have to stop whatever I'm eating, then I burp and I'm ready to continue eating. It's getting frustrating for me as well.

I had a fill two weeks ago and had follow up today I was down 3 lbs but i think it was because last time i went It was that TOM:crying:. I'm trying to stay so motivated with the gym 5-6 days a week but I'm scale obsessed and that 3lbs loss was just not what I was looking for:cryin:. My doctor did say that when I came back in 4 weeks he would be happy with a 4 lb loss!! I was like .. I won't be... what the heck good is working out and execersing if I'm only loosing a pound a week. Then the Calm Heather said hey... 1lbdown is better then 1lb up.:w00t:

Thanks for letting me rant.. I have had 2 fills and am content with 4oz of food so I really shouldn't complain.:blush: I know others have it worse!!

I had a fill two weeks ago and had follow up today I was down 3 lbs but i think it was because last time i went It was that TOM:crying:. I'm trying to stay so motivated with the gym 5-6 days a week but I'm scale obsessed and that 3lbs loss was just not what I was looking for:cryin:. My doctor did say that when I came back in 4 weeks he would be happy with a 4 lb loss!! I was like .. I won't be... what the heck good is working out and execersing if I'm only loosing a pound a week. Then the Calm Heather said hey... 1lbdown is better then 1lb up.:w00t:

Thanks for letting me rant.. I have had 2 fills and am content with 4oz of food so I really shouldn't complain.:blush: I know others have it worse!!

Heather--

I've noticed that my scale can differ 2 lbs from morning to evening. Don't stress....and don't be scale obsessed...that's the hardest part for me too. I weigh myself every morning and am trying to break that habit. You'll get there!

Heather--

I've noticed that my scale can differ 2 lbs from morning to evening. Don't stress....and don't be scale obsessed...that's the hardest part for me too. I weigh myself every morning and am trying to break that habit. You'll get there!

Thanks so much :thumbup: No more weighing in everyday I'm going back to once a week.

I too have not seen the scale go down more than a pound a week. But, clothes are fitting more loosely. Hopefully by the next doc visit the scale will have gone down. I am on my third fill and finally feeling some restriction. Really need to remind myslef to eat more Protein in order to stay healthy.

Keep up the good work bandsters.

Sue

I too have not seen the scale go down more than a pound a week. But, clothes are fitting more loosely. Hopefully by the next doc visit the scale will have gone down. I am on my third fill and finally feeling some restriction. Really need to remind myslef to eat more Protein in order to stay healthy.

Keep up the good work bandsters.

Sue

Sue I hear you .. High protein Snacks has been a struggle.. I'm boosting my protein intake this week and I'm going to track my progress and see if it makes a diffrence.:thumbup:

Sue I hear you .. High Protein Snacks has been a struggle.. I'm boosting my protein intake this week and I'm going to track my progress and see if it makes a diffrence.:thumbup:

Ugh I hate the Protein Shakes, but someone on here said something about the Slimfast Low Carb shakes, they have 20 g of protein and aren't as bad.

Hey everyone. :thumbup: I had my 3rd fill last week. I'm at 6.5cc's now. I can really tell a difference and now the scales are starting to move. I'm so excited. I gotta get back into the gym though. We had an ice storm here so i'm stuck in the house for a couple days but as soon as the roads are clear i'm haulin my butt to the gym :thumbup: I hope everyone is doing great.

In case anyone is looking for a Fiber supplement, I just picked up these Benefiber drink mix packets. They are individual servings (like the Crystal Light packets) and the Citrus Punch is actually pretty good!! It's a cross between Tang and Sunny D I think, and I was surprised that it blended into the Water perfectly, no clumps or powder left at the bottom. Here's a link in case anyone is interested in buying some. I've checked online and there seem to be a few flavors (I think) but Citrus Punch is the only one I've tried thus far.

Buy Benefiber Citrus Punch Flavored Stick Pack Online at drugstore.com