Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hello everyone! I swear this site is the only thing keeping me sane right now. Banded 11/19, 1st fill 12/22 2cc's and nothing, nada, ziltch! No restriction at all! Any and everyting goes down with no problem and there doesnt appear to be a limit on how much. I know I've said it all before (can you all hear the violins playing?) At any rate I still have 11 more days til my next fill,so wish me luck..my will power is geting it's butt kicked! As far as exercise I do 5 days a weeks/ 1 hour cardio, either treadmill, or eliptical (just depends on what machine is available at the gym whem I get there.) I actually attempted to take a spin class this morning and let me tell you that is a true form of torture if I ever experienced one. I highly doubt that I will even be able to walk tomorrow.

i think i have restriction. :rolleyes: Last night i was trying to get to my support group meeting and was running late. I decided to eat my canned green Beans first while i was waiting for my fish to cook. I could not get them all down and it was only 1/2 cup. Could only take 3 bites of fish and i was done. Finally. They always take out the Fluid on every fill to make sure how much is in there. So i asked why i am taking so long to get any restriction. She said i have a low bmi and my stomach may be small. She said i may need more to feel resticted. So i am excited to see how this week works for me and if i can lose. She did say i had lost 4 pounds since last week. I am not sure how correct that is since my scale says different. :tt2:

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so who is doing what for exercise? I'm struggling with what I should be doing. I do cardio 4 to 5 times a week-elliptical for 25 minutes. I also do strength training three times a week, but wonder if there is any reason until I burn off some more fat? I actually have quite a bit of muscle according to my dr. (lean body mass is 125 lbs)--and don't want to build any more. Anyone??

You shame me! You all probably do! I keep talking to myself about more exercise. I do a bit each day. I just need to put it all together!!

Hello everyone! I swear this site is the only thing keeping me sane right now. Banded 11/19, 1st fill 12/22 2cc's and nothing, nada, ziltch! No restriction at all! Any and everyting goes down with no problem and there doesnt appear to be a limit on how much. I know I've said it all before (can you all hear the violins playing?) At any rate I still have 11 more days til my next fill,so wish me luck..my will power is geting it's butt kicked! As far as exercise I do 5 days a weeks/ 1 hour cardio, either treadmill, or eliptical (just depends on what machine is available at the gym whem I get there.) I actually attempted to take a spin class this morning and let me tell you that is a true form of torture if I ever experienced one. I highly doubt that I will even be able to walk tomorrow.

LOL!! I took a spinning class a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't walk for DAYS!! You are SO right about it being torture.

You shame me! You all probably do! I keep talking to myself about more exercise. I do a bit each day. I just need to put it all together!!

Let me just tell you that I have to force myself to go every day, and if I don't go as soon as I drop the kids at school, I will make every excuse all day long not to go. So, I'm no saint here. And it really helps that I am a stay at home mom. No rushing to get the gym in and then get showered and go to work. I've been that route and I know how difficult it is to fit in gym time when you're working full time. Something is better than nothing!

LOL they really are torture aren't they. I did them for awhile about a year ago. The first time my butt was so sore i could hardly sit. I even waited several days to go back and that was painfull, I should have waited a week LOL. you really do get used to it though. The gym i'm at now doesn't have them anymore. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad LOL. Hang in there, it gets better :rolleyes: Buy one of those nice gel seats, it helps a lot.

I am happy to hear that everyone is doing so good! My weightloss is steady but I know it can be so much more if I go to the gym. So starting today I am going to workout 6 days a week like I did in the past. I have a goal similar to Heathers. I want to be under the 200 mark by the middle of May. I know I can do it I just need to stick to an excercise program. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. Happy Banding to you all!

Good for you Sabrina, workign out is hard and it's easy to say no .. even if we hop on the treadmill for 15 minutes it's something the body is moving. I gave myself a June challenge because everyday I would look at the ticker and get discourage :tt2: so I said lets do it 30 at a time... afterall Rome wasn't built in a day.:rolleyes:

GINNY!!!! Let us know how your fill went!

Thanks for asking, you made me feel so good. :sneaky:

It went GREAT. (I love my doctor and his mini-me nurse.) It was so easy. He numbed me up a little bit, had me do a crunch or two, (I just kept looking at the ceiling) and after about 30 seconds it was over. I didn't even feel it. I told him that he should make it harder on people, cause it felt like he didn't even do anything. Did he do anything??? (JK)

I feel so lame. I thought I had a 4cc band, because it says that on the lapband card they gave me (in very small print). I also thought that he had told me the band would be empty when he put it in. Well, I have a 10cc band and there were 3cc's in there at the time of surgery. He added 1.5 today, so I have a total of 4.5cc's. That makes me feel a lot better. I feel like I'll get to restriction faster now.

Plus, I got a lot of praise from Mini-me and my nutritionist over the weight that I lost over the past month. It's "only" nine pounds, but to them it's wonderful. I want it to be fifteen or twenty, of course! I guess I need to remember to be realistic. Rats! Reality bites!

BTW, Mini-me's name is Kelley and she is awesome. She is my real doctor, because she is the one that gives me all my info, answers my questions, and really takes care of me. She's actually the co-doctor, if you ask me. Nurses rock!

Great Job, Ginny!!

I'd take a 9lb loss over a 9lb gain any day. Your stats look great. I'm getting my first fill this Friday at 3:15. I'm nervous.

I have had a few pb episodes. It's usually my first bite. If I take a big first bite, I'm doomed. I've got to slow down and chew...eating fast has always been my down fall..that's why I look the way I do.

Take it a day at a time...we're in this together...one pound at a time...

Awesome Job Ginny !!! I got my fil the other day and I have great restriction ... but .... it that TOM and I always have great restriction during this time.

As Hockeyson said we are all in this one pound at a time.:sneaky:

Keep up the good work Cardio is great I hate it in the beggining but feel good in the end!! Awesome job at spin class:lol: you are brave.. i couldn't dare!!!One day though!!

Thanks for asking, you made me feel so good. :sneaky:

It went GREAT. (I love my doctor and his mini-me nurse.) It was so easy. He numbed me up a little bit, had me do a crunch or two, (I just kept looking at the ceiling) and after about 30 seconds it was over. I didn't even feel it. I told him that he should make it harder on people, cause it felt like he didn't even do anything. Did he do anything??? (JK)

I feel so lame. I thought I had a 4cc band, because it says that on the lapband card they gave me (in very small print). I also thought that he had told me the band would be empty when he put it in. Well, I have a 10cc band and there were 3cc's in there at the time of surgery. He added 1.5 today, so I have a total of 4.5cc's. That makes me feel a lot better. I feel like I'll get to restriction faster now.

Plus, I got a lot of praise from Mini-me and my nutritionist over the weight that I lost over the past month. It's "only" nine pounds, but to them it's wonderful. I want it to be fifteen or twenty, of course! I guess I need to remember to be realistic. Rats! Reality bites!

BTW, Mini-me's name is Kelley and she is awesome. She is my real doctor, because she is the one that gives me all my info, answers my questions, and really takes care of me. She's actually the co-doctor, if you ask me. Nurses rock!

Yay Ginny girl! I'm so happy for you! Nine pounds in a month is nothing to sneeze at....that's over 2 a week, which is the upper threshold of how much we should be losing. Plus since you had some in at surgery, you'll hit your sweet spot sooner I bet!

Good for you Sabrina, workign out is hard and it's easy to say no .. even if we hop on the treadmill for 15 minutes it's something the body is moving. I gave myself a June challenge because everyday I would look at the ticker and get discourage :thumbup: so I said lets do it 30 at a time... afterall Rome wasn't built in a day.:sneaky:

I am the same way! I told myself 7 days at a time. 7 days of eating right and 6 days of going to the gym! Those goals seem a little easier to attain! Im gonna do the challenge with you. I will look on this site everyday (like i always do) and see how you are doing with your goals! My challenge is for May 11. I want to be at least within 5lbs of the 200lb mark!:thumbup:

I actually attempted to take a spin class this morning and let me tell you that is a true form of torture if I ever experienced one. I highly doubt that I will even be able to walk tomorrow.

I tried a spin class once. The instructor kept getting off of her bike to ask me if I was ok. I guess I looked like I was going to pass out. Needless to say...I NEVER WENT BACK!!! lol