Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving....

So, with Thanksgiving fast approaching, I am thinking about what I am grateful for. One thing about the band really sticks out for me. Although I am not losing at all right now - I am not gaining. A comparison between me and one of my coworker really points out how important this is.

Amanda started dieting and exercising about 3 months before I got the band. At my 6 month bandiversary, she had lost 80 pounds and I had lost 40. I found this to be discouraging. Why could SHE lose weight while I needed surgery to do so. What was wrong with me? I got over it and cheered her on.

Now, after another 7 months, I have lost 8 more pounds and Amanda has gained back about 45 of what she lost. She is feeling depressed and out of control and is worried about putting all the weight back on. I feel so badly for her, as I remember what that was like - losing and gaining.

With my band, I am calm and confident that I am not going to gain my weight back, and I am sure I will lose more. I am very thankful for the sense of well-being this little device has given me.:thumbup:

Maybe Amanda will consider getting a band. Gaining all of that weight back is so discouraging. Must feel like such a waste. I'm also thankful for getting this much weight off. I'll never be that woman again!

I am thankful that I can wear a size 16 again and with the band will likely go down another size or two.

My urge is to say that I am thankful that this is not a political thread... :biggrin:

But really, I am very thankful that 2 1/2 years ago, God allowed me to marry my dream woman, and in bringing Lisa into my life, also brought Theresa, the woman with Down syndrome who we have guardianship for. Having this wonderful family is a blessing I don't deserve.

I am als thankful that I am alive years after doctors told me I should be dead, that I have more things in life than many, and that God gave me a chance to share my gifts to help others.

So I am blessed, and I am thankful.

I so understand I recieved my band 9/26 and have lost 20 lbs I started at 301.8 I am thankful for this band. I am thankful that when I am unthankful unhappy and want to eat ...... My band reminds me of how Thankful I am it is my new best friend that is always there. My sister started losing weight 1 year ago she has worked her butt of by walking over 5k every other day and eating around 1600 cal per day she has lost almost 60 lbs and looks great but, she has lost the weight before and the last few weeks I have noticed her maybe gaining. I am afraid for her. We are not competetive but I know that once I get this FAT OFF my body I will never gain it back. My Band is in place and will kick in for me. She kind of snubs me and says you are no fun to go to lunch with anymore but I say that I will sacrafice fun for my health. Keep Strong and Stay in the Spirit of Thanksgiving Always!

STEVEGOAD God Is Good. I to married the man that was truely there for me Thick and Thin. I received my band 9/26 God truly has blessed you with your friend theresa I worked with the elderly and handicapped and everyday I felt the blessing that God gave me to Put something good into thier lives everyday and made me less selfish. More Blessings to you and your family.

I see you are in a band do you have a demo or a site where I could listen to your music. My brother is in Nashville Tn and has a few songs out. One of his songs that he wrote was put on Roy Rogers last album before he died it is called Final Frontier. If you have time look up Gary Cotton on myspace my brother also writes with him too. look forward to hearing your tunes my email is sharmons@sisqtel.net

I am thankful for my band. It has allowed me to lose over 70 lbs and keep it off. Sure it came off slow, But it is gone. and that makes me a happier person, a happier wife and a hppier mom. I have energy to do things I never thought I could before. I love going shopping now when before I hated to buy clothes.

I am thankful for my hubby who for whatever reason loves me for me, no matter what my size was. But I know he loves the new thinner me more because I am Healthier!!!

Thankful for the nymphs to chat with, vent to, listen and share with.

Happy Thanksgiving

I am so thankful for my band. I know I would not have lost the weight without it. I am also thankful for all the November Nymphs that have shared this great journey. I am thankful for my personal trainer that has helped to tone my body. I can't imagine what I would look like without the exercise.