Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I Get A Gastric Balloon While Banded?

Yes, I am desparate! I have had the band for 2 1/2 years. I lost 30 lbs the first month and by the 6 th month I had lost 80lbs. I did not get a fill until I stopped losing weight after 6 months. My band in practically filled. I had a baby and I am really trying to get back on track. My restriction isn't great. I can and do eat a lot. I don't monitor my portions because I get very hungry. I am nursing. I usually grab easy food because with the baby I don't get a chance to even sit down and eat let alone eat properly (small bites...chew chew chew). So whatever is easy and goes down smooth I eat.

They do the gastric balloon where I live and I am desparate! Maybe I just need an encouraging word. I think I'm about 220lbs now. I had got down to 190lbs before the baby.

I'm not sure what a gastric balloon is. I would ask my doctor. It sounds like you need a fill. I personally would try everything I could with the band before I tried anything else. You did it once, you can surely do it again! :thumbup: A baby will just keep you on your feet and moving. If you can get the portions you are eating down, you should be able to get back to where you were.

I wish you the best of luck!

Why don't you try eating "regular" (i.e. not soft) foods, eating slowing and chewing well, and eating without drinking before you go for something more drastic. A nutritionist can help with your diet while nursing, and your doctor can evaluate you for another fill.

Even with a new baby, you do have to take time for you. Make meal time Your Time and use it to follow bandster rules.

Enjoy your new addition! Congrats!

Are you breast feeding? Your body requires a lot more energy right now, just to recover from pregnancy and giving birth. If you are breast feeding, then you need even more calories.

Stop beating yourself up. Having a baby changes your life completely. Its a lot of stress. Its ok to slip up a bit, its ok to not lose weight for a time. Just enjoy having bub right now. If you don't have time to prepare healthy meals for yourself, what about buying some ready made ones? Sure, not as good as making it yourself at home, but not as bad as having quick & easy junk food either.

You've done really well, so relax.

As your still nursing I would focus on healthy food, lots of fresh organic stuff so that your baby can get a good start to life and your healthy. Fresh or frozen vegies, fresh or tin fruit, some kind of Protein, organic everything if you can afford it. You have lost a lot of weight and had a baby. If I were you i'd be proud of myself. Remember to take time for yourself and do what makes you happy cause if your happy you kids will be!