Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would happen if Barack Obama were Assasinated?

Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think there will Be anouther atempt on Barack Obamas Life?

Not all African Americans are descended from West Indian slaves. Many slaves came directly from West Africa (after stopping at ports through out the Caribbean , of course).

West Indian slaves were not encouraged to have have children. Their single lot in life was to be worked to death (this was considered the most brutal type of slavery). It was cheaper to buy new slaves from Africa.

Slaves brought to North America were bought, sold, and bred to work and have offspring. It was too expensive to buy slaves from Africa.

Although this clarification is not relevant to the topic, I had to interject it because I got tired of reading how you are an African -American if you are a descendant of the descendants of West Indian slaves.

Just because people post things here and call them facts does not mean that they are indeed so.

You didn't bring it up because you thought that if Senator Obama has some Arab blood it is just an interesting little tidbit, like he grew up with his grandparents, or his mother died young. You brought it up because it allowed you to claim that he is an Arab. Under the circumstances of our Middle East involvement, you know, just like that little bushy haired lady at the McCain rally, that it is a scary thought that an actual Arab might be running for president here in America. I don't buy your claim that you brought it up because it had to do with how mistaken people are for calling him an African American. In fact I hope you didn't really expect anyone to believe that hogwash.

You don't speak for me. You don't know my inner thoughts. So what you ascribe to me is hogwash, plain and simple.

Makes you wonder if McCain doesn't have some Arab blood coursing through his veins.

Hmmm. Interesting comment. Are you saying having Arab blood coursing through one's veins somehow affects one's political decisions? Your words, not mine. Because personally I don't believe genealogy necessarily impacts politics.

As I've said before, I don't know who in McCain's camp is responsible for all the misinformation and lies

Again, and maybe until I'm blue in the face: Obama's genealogy is not misinformation and lies.

Not all African Americans are descended from West Indian slaves. Many slaves came directly from West Africa (after stopping at ports through out the Caribbean , of course).

West Indian slaves were not encouraged to have have children. Their single lot in life was to be worked to death (this was considered the most brutal type of slavery). It was cheaper to buy new slaves from Africa.

Slaves brought to North America were bought, sold, and bred to work and have offspring. It was too expensive to buy slaves from Africa.

Although this clarification is not relevant to the topic, I had to interject it because I got tired of reading how you are an African -American if you are a descendant of the descendants of West Indian slaves.

You are absolutely correct. My attempt to cull down, for simplicity's sake, the background of American slaves, was not comprehensive. There are many ways in which African slaves were brought to America. None of them represents how Obama got here.

Obama is my hero.

What has he done to become heroic?

come on.... i know you can see whats happening here... if you cant see why someone might think barrack is heroic then you haven't been paying attention.

btw latest polls suggest a Obama 11 point lead

now i don't wanna count my eggs before they hatch but........

:thumbup::thumbup::blink::tt2::drool::blush::rolleyes2: :smile2: :glare:

You're absolutely right gadget. I do not know your inner thoughts. I only know what you post.

Your words have a very strong theme (admittedly as do mine). Sometimes I think you are surprised at how transparent your words seem to others. And it's often been noted that the written word can be misinterpreted.

Like has been said before by so many people, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck. Or as we've heard in this race so often (by both candidates), you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

aricus, you shouldn't be surprised that people find Senator Obama to be their hero. Millions of people believe that he has accomplished amazing things in his lifetime. And there's really no accounting for who people make their hero - take Joe Plumber for example - McCain's made him out to be some kind of hero in this campaign. And look at his Vice Presidential candidate, the hero worship of her has been a real head-scratcher to some of us.

Watcher: The polls you're looking at aren't the only polls going on. Some of them indicate a far tighter race.

I am hoping for an Obama landslide, but there are many components that are in play that can turn this race inside out. We need to brace for that. We need to be prepared to have a long wait and a long struggle for the truth if the Republicans pull the voting fraud that they have gotten away with in the past. My guess is they will have thought up something entirely new to wreak havoc on election day and subsequently steal the race

On the other hand if the the way they have conducted this campaign is an indication of their scatterbrained organizational skills, counting your eggs or your chickens might not be such a stretch.

aricus, you shouldn't be surprised that people find Senator Obama to be their hero.

i really dont consider Obama a hero - yet. i think he has fabulous potential to become a great hero and an amazing President when he is elected, but hero is not the word i would use... not yet at least.

oh and Joe the Plumber... puhhhhlease.. he's a Republican pawn. his 15 minutes were over 2 weeks ago, no one's told McCain or the Repubs yet though...

losing: I feel the same way!

I can imagine someone who has political aspirations having Senator Obama as a hero.

Beth you keep saying you don't like either one but you only denigrate Seantor Obama. I don't recall your railing on about Senator McCain. I'm sure you said something early on in an effort to convince someone that you are a true middle of the roader, what did you say, Libertarian? Hardly middle of the road.

I never said I was a Libertarian. I am a conservative, which McCain is not. I deride Obama more because I detest him more. Out of THESE two choices, I accept him less as POTUS.

I can certainly rail on againts McCain since that is all you will apparently listen to, but what's the point? Y'all do it all so well. Carry on. :smile2: :thumbup:

What has he done to become heroic?

He ran for president...so I get to vote for him tomorrow.

He is the change we need!

Everyone make your voices heard tomorrow!!!:thumbup:

Wholly frioles watcher. I've been relying on the common-taters for all my polling info. Your info is very easy to interpret. No guesswork involved in trying to add it all up into something we can trust.

But I'll still believe it when I see it. I've been hoodwinked by the polls too many times in the past.

Beth I obviously got you confused with some other right winger who claimed to be a Libertarian. Sorry, my bad.

You're wrong about me only listening to rants about McCain. Would that it were true. :thumbup:

btw latest polls suggest a Obama 11 point lead

I sure hope he keeps the lead!!