Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery scheduled for December 1st!!!

I am so excited. I finally got my surgery date. I've been waiting and working through all the insurance hoops since February. Now that it is only six weeks away I'm nervous, happy, scared. Part of me wants it done TODAY and another part of me wants to find the nearest chinese buffet. :D:thumbup::mellow:

I should be getting my surgery instructions this week. Then I will know more.

This place has been a Godsend to me. I don't post often, but I do lurk a lot and read a lot....thanks to all of you!

hugs....cat:girl_hug:

How very exciting. Congratulations!

Thanks, I noticed your first surgery was postponed due to fatty liver. May I ask what pre op you did. I'm larger than you were in the beginning so I am curious.

Thanks, I noticed your first surgery was postponed due to fatty liver. May I ask what pre op you did. I'm larger than you were in the beginning so I am curious.

Sure, with the caveat that you know each doctor has a different MO...LOL. They all tweak the diets etc with their own special spin so just because my doc had me do it doesn't mean it's what you need to do. I am not sure size is the only indicator of a fatty liver...? I think there is blood work etc too.

ANYWAY he had me drink 2-3 EAS Carb Control AdvantEDGE shakes each day, 64 ounces of Water (at least) and one meal with 3 ounces of lean fish, chicken or poultry and some green low carb veggies. That's it. It came to about 500-600 cal a day.

I used his diet as a "general guideline" the 1st 3 weeks, lost 15 pounds, but my liver was too large still when he went in on 8/11. So I did EXACTLY what he told me (I hadn't realized the importance before; from reading here I erroneously assumed it was just a diet to "get me used" to not eating. WRONG! at least in my case!) for 2 1/2 weeks and lost 17 MORE pounds. On 8/29 I was successfully banded.

So learn from me; this place is GREAT but surely doesn't replace solid direction, orders, and info from your surgeon! :D

Congrats on getting your surgery schedule! I have mine set for December 5th! I have already received the order from my surgeon for a 3 week liver shrinking diet. Basically I am on a protien shake diet for two meals of the day with the third meal being a low fat and low carb meal. Like RestlessMonkey already said each surgeon has their own ideas and opinions as what they want you to do. So make sure you follow through with whatever your surgeon expects from you.

So sorry for not replying sooner. I've been on a physical and emotional roller coaster since I got my date. Physically I am just really a mess. I can't walk without pain, my breathing is difficult and I have NO energy at all. This really isn't like me and it is a bit scary. I sometimes wonder if it is too late for me. I'm trying to hang on, but I just wish it was over and I could start HEALING in so many ways. I know it is just physical and I'll have to work on the rest of it as well, but the physical is just bringing me down to a place I've never been and don't know how to handle.

Everyone here has been so kind with their replies. I did get my doctor's orders and I will be on a 1500 calorie diet for 2 weeks before and a liquid only for the last few days before. I'm figuring a lot of carefully chosen salads and lean poultry and fish. Probably a Protein Shake or Cereal for Breakfast since I'm not a breakfast person.

Thanks for listening to me whine....hugs...cat :):)

Hi there everyone!

Just reading through your messages and was really boosted up this morning. Yesterday I went for a skills group meeting and weigh-in. Nothing lost (again) and was truly divided inside over that fact. I know I have stuck with my eating plan and exercise daily, but nada. My husband measured me and yes, I have lost several inches and even am in another size, but no movement in the numbers. Normally that does not even effect me much, but I have to have something off by the time I meet with the last doctor. The nutitionist etc. says to just keep doing it as I have been (1300-1400 cals) because she is certain that the scale will "POP" soon. I am not discouraged in that I want to give up by any means. It is just a bit disappointing. Especially hearing others who have been eating candy, cake, smoking, etc. and losing. I am still convinced that I am doing the best things for my body and soul, but just would like that scale to budge. I do not want to do anything drastic, but I think I will do a couple of Meal Replacements with the drinks suggested for after surgery and see if that "kicks" my metabolism a bit. Thanks for listening and continue on your wonderfully successful journeys.

Your commonality of the restricted diet has helped me immensely. I will give that a try for the week and see if it helps too. Thanks again.

We all are attempting to find the same thing - a more healthy lifestyle!