Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready for 1st fill!!!!!

Have my first fill on October 27. I had lost 20lbs and now have gained back 5 of it.

Doc said it is normal.

BUT Im also eating more 'normal' foods. I know I shouldnt....But I have been.

Its like Ive never had the surgery. I cant eat near as much but its still like nothing ever happened.

Im praying that first fill will get me goin again.

My goal is to lose 20lbs by Christmas. I hope I make it!!!!!

I've felt the same way. My first fill will be Oct 22. I have a hard time remember I've had anything done. I could eat anything right now. I'm just "dieting" now, and hungry quite often. I did have one bad bout with some chicken that must have been too dry. It was very painful. I have been fortunate that I haven't gained any weight, but it sure has slowed down. I've lost 15 pounds since the surgery, 10 of that was the first week! I'll be getting my first fill at 6 weeks post op.

Good luck!

I too am due for first fill on Oct 22 and am experiencing ever increasing appetite....its almost scary, like there is no band at all. Hopefully we will have maybe a tiny bit of restriction after that.....hope so anyway. Good luck!!

Me too!!! I don't even feel like I have the band! I had lost 25 pounds, but have gained back 3... I know I am eating too much and can't wait for 1st fill Oct 21st!

I just wonder what you all are eating. I had my banding on September 29, and I am still only eating liquids, (shakes and cream soup). I am still losing almost 1 lb per day. I wonder if this is normal. I am very weak, but taking Vitamins, Iron and B12.< /p>

I just wonder what you all are eating. I had my banding on September 29, and I am still only eating liquids, (shakes and cream soup). I am still losing almost 1 lb per day. I wonder if this is normal. I am very weak, but taking Vitamins, Iron and B12.< /div>

After one week of liquids, my doc moved me on to things like applesauce, runny mashed potatoes and runny refried Beans. But I definitely called and asked first, told him I was starving. Oh....also sf popsicles and fugesicles.

The first week I was on a clear liquid diet (lost 10 pounds) 2nd week was added thicker liquids, like cream Soups. The 3rd week was mushy foods (soft cheeses, mashed potatoes, baby food, ect. Week 4 was soft meats (chicken, fish, ect) Week 5 (I'm in now) is introducing fruits and veggies,then finally week six adds red meat and Pasta. It was just a way to slowly introduce you back to foods.

I've had my band for just over a year. I too experienced exactly what you guys are saying. After every fill I've had, I experienced several weeks of decreased appetite and a serious sensation of getting fuller quicker when eating. Eating also takes longer. I wasn’t able to do what a few of you are saying about the diet during the first month. After about day 4 I started on soft scrambled eggs and everything was okay from there; however, certain foods are definitely off the menu such as just about anything "doughy" and potatoes. It takes a bit of learning how to eat again. Childhood advice from my father comes to mind, "chew your food". I've never chewed so much.

I too was apprehensive and a bit anxious going into my first fill. The fill itself turned out to be much ado about nothing but the next two days were interesting. The stomach swells afterwards and it takes (at least) a good day and a half before it really goes down. With each fill you will definitely notice how food goes down. Right now, I notice how liquids go down. :biggrin:

I’m now on my 5th or 6th fill and am actually where I want to be. My appetite is way down and I can’t eat 1/4th of what everyone around me can—and that’s fine with me. For example, for lunch today I had one of those Quisnos flatbread Sammy's and it filled me full. Pre-op, I bet I could have eaten 6 or 8 of those things.

My advice, having been there and done that, is to go get a fill if you are unhappy with where you’re at. If you are able to eat big portions--get a fill. If you are able to eat a lot--get a fill. If your current fill doesn't seriously slow you down--get a fill.

I just had my first fill on 10/09/08. He put I think 1.5 cc in my band but I already had 1.0 cc from the priming during surgery. I really cannot tell a difference yet. I still think I eat way to much, but I haven't gained any weight. I have been at a stall for a few weeks now. I am going back for a second fill 11/17/08, so hopefully that will help me out allot more. Till then I have to be consious that I have the band and that I am to watch my calories everyday.

Veronica

Just remember, if we could diet successfully, we'd not need this powerful tool we have. I struggled with my eating before my first and second fills. After my second, I have restriction. Without any fill, it is like you don't have the band.

They don't call that time between surgery and restriction "Bandster Hell" for nothing!!

I have noticed that for me, weight-loss comes in bits and pieces. I lose a few pounds, then stall for a few weeks, maybe gain one back, then lose a few more...and on and on, but the overall trend is down, that is what counts!

Denise