Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December '08 Bandsters?

what's a cp link? - is it on my page or the home page?

by the way, thanks for your help!!

With the next forum look that is in place today they moved it. Sorry....go to the top of this page your reading right now. On the left side you see the LapBandTalk.com logo then right below that the Home, Forum, Blogs... tabs then below that is the pictures and right below that is the "User CP" link. Click on the "User CP" text.

Oh and "User CP" stands for User Control Panel.

Awesome! It's great to have support isn't it? My family is finally behind me on this decision as well (it took a while!). But now that I've convinced them that this is what I need, they are behind me 100% as well.

By the way, what kind of pre-op diet do they have you on? I can't imagine it's a liquid diet if they have you on it for a month. I'm just curious. :biggrin:

Yes the support of my family especially my fiance is amazing. He can eat like a horse but has def cut down what he eats and how he eats to help me in my process. I sure do love that man! :biggrin:

My Preop Diet is not all liquid...there is only 3 guidelines

1) must have at least 70g of Protein a day (I usually get between 100-120 a day)

2)No more than 30g of Carbs a day (a little more challenging but i'm sticking to it; some days come really close others dont even get to 10carbs)

3) little to no fat (no fried foods; butter; high fat meats or dressings) pretty easy just dont eat any of that stuff~ HA!

I pretty much have 2 scrambled eggs and cheese for Breakfast

1 serving of chicken or turkey deli meat for lunch with a slice of cheese

dinner is usually 3oz of chicken and some type of veggie.

Today is the first day I actually feel like i've lost weight (I know I have but I can tell today)

I drink lots of Water and 1 high Protein shake or drink a day (35g -40g of protein) and then 1 Protein shot (42g of protein)

I sure hope I'm doing it right i'm sticking to the guidelines...

They have me on this diet BC I have a large liver and My dr wants me BMI as close to 50 as possible. She told me 15lbs and she would be happy...i'm shooting for more like 25-30. If I lose 40lbs i will be exactly at a BMI of 50.0. Anything is better then where I am now! :w00t:

Hey All,

My name is Matt and I am getting banded here in the States, self pay thanks to Carecredit. I got tired of trying to jump through the hoops of the insurance companies, and I found a place in Detroit that is banding for less than 11K. My date is scheduled for Dec 7. I am nervous, scared, and excited all at once. My whole world is going to be flipped upside down, but in a good way. My wife is going to have the band done after the new year, we agreed that it would be best if we did it together and work together. Keeps things less complicated at the home especially with the diet and all. Can't wait to hear how you all are doing with your progress. Good luck.

Matt

Hey All,

My name is Matt and I am getting banded here in the States, self pay thanks to Carecredit. I got tired of trying to jump through the hoops of the insurance companies, and I found a place in Detroit that is banding for less than 11K. My date is scheduled for Dec 7. I am nervous, scared, and excited all at once. My whole world is going to be flipped upside down, but in a good way. My wife is going to have the band done after the new year, we agreed that it would be best if we did it together and work together. Keeps things less complicated at the home especially with the diet and all. Can't wait to hear how you all are doing with your progress. Good luck.

Matt

Hey Matt!

Great to finally see another guy getting banded in December. I've got a Dec. 5th surgery date. When you get a chance get on over to the December support forum. I have it linked in my signature if that helps :) That's great that your wife will be getting banded shortly after you as well. Hopefully in the next year we'll be able to get my wife banded also. Just can't do it right now for both of us.

Anyway welcome to the forums and welcome to the December group!

Hey Pete,

My surgery is December 5th too! I'm so excited (and scared to death)...but I'm fighting the fear and moving ahead. it's what I want and more importantly, it's what I need.

Thanks for posting. I'm just getting to know this website, and look forward to the support that's being offered.

Good luck to you,

A

Does anyone have any suggestions on the preop diet? I've read this is a requirement before the surgery. When will they let me know? My surgery date is Dec. 5th. I see the surgeon on Nov. 26th. Will the surgeon let me know?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

From what I've learned, the liquid fast diet isn't a steadfast rule prior to lap band. In my case, it is. I begin a two week liquid diet on Nov 21st and the surgery is scheduled for dec 5. I'm surprised that you haven't been told about it at all, or any prep at all.....maybe put a call in and inquire. If they say, just show up on Surgery day, make sure you know if there's any pre op prep to be done!

Best of luck!

Aviva

Hi, LL44 et al ........

I'm scheduled for Dec 4th and have been told to begin preop liquid diet on Nov 24th--they gave me a copy at initial visit and advised that it is designed to "shrink" the liver which needs to retracted (held away from the stomach) during the surgery. I've read several books written about LB surgery and they all mention that decreasing the size of the liver preop is important--

I think checking with your MD would be a good idea..

ps--I've been a little cranky and irritable this past week --not like me...........and I'm wondering if pending surg date is a contributing cause--I'm not afraid of the surgery itself,....just the idea that it may not work for me and/or I'll be vomiting all the time. (yuck)

I am going in for my final "stress test" tomorrow. When the results are in I will get my surgery date which will most likely be in December. It's been a long journey and I hope it works well. I'm not nervous about the surgery...just worried that the month of living on Water and yogurt and more water will be torture! I also wonder how everyone takes their medications when you can only sip small quantities of water after surgery.

Hey Pete,

My surgery is December 5th too! I'm so excited (and scared to death)...but I'm fighting the fear and moving ahead. it's what I want and more importantly, it's what I need.

Thanks for posting. I'm just getting to know this website, and look forward to the support that's being offered.

Good luck to you,

A

Does anyone have any suggestions on the preop diet? I've read this is a requirement before the surgery. When will they let me know? My surgery date is Dec. 5th. I see the surgeon on Nov. 26th. Will the surgeon let me know?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Laurie

Hey all you new December Bandsters! Congrats on getting your surgery dates! Both exciting and nervous times! When you get a chance get on over to the December 2008 Bandsters part of these forums. For a quick link to it click on the link in my signature. Lots of great December conversations going on in there :thumbup:

Laurie-

I am surprised your surgeon hasn't talked to you about a pre-op diet as of yet. Really pre-op diets are all up to the surgeons but the main purpose of them is to reduce the size of your liver before surgery. The liver is a very large organ in your body and it sits right next to your stomach. In my case my surgeon has directed me to be on a Liver Shrinking Diet for 3 weeks prior to my surgery date. Most cases they require 2 weeks. Basically what it is is that I have a low carb high protien shake for 2 meals a day. I can have an Atkins bar between meals and then the 3rd meal of the day needs to be a low carb low fat meal. I am suppose to not exceed 30 carbs a day and 1200 calories a day. These diets very from surgeon to surgeon but that is the basic guild line of it.

I know it seems like December is a ways off

Doesn't seem so far off now does it?:thumbup: I may be a Dec, we will see, a consultation with my Nuerologist delayed things slightly. Anyone scheduled between Christmas and New Year, or is that a pipe dream as all the Drs are in Tahiti then?

I am scheduled for a Dec. 10th banding. I have had the nutrition and physcologicals . Next week the Cardio and the Pulmonary on the 13th . I am actually dreading those more then the banding I Hate Stress test, had a bad experience once. This has been such a long process the insurance required a 12 month wait and then the Dr. I chose couldn't get it done so I went back to my original Dr. This has been a long 15 months wait, and I guess I am not a good waiter.

One thing this is the first New Years where I can say next year I am going to lose weight and actually succeed at it.....:thumbup: