Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Introduce Ourselves

Hello I am Crystal 28yrs old and just found out today that I was approved. WOOHOO!!! I will start my preop diet on the 20th and be banded on Nov. 3rd. I started the whole process in June so I have been waiting to be able to join a Month group and now I finally can.

I live in Florida have married to my best friend and complete opposite for 12yrs. We have to beautiful children 11 our daughter and 5 our son. We have three dogs Gotti a JRT and Lincoln and Riley pomeranians.

I was pretty much small through most of my childhood until I turned 15 got pregnant and married. After I had my daughter the weight kept piling on and before I knew it I was 200 lbs. Then I had my son and now up to 260 lbs. and am only 5'3".

Can't wait to be banded and enjoy this journey with you all.

Hi all! I'm Tonice, I'm 33 and have a 1 1/2 year old daughter. I live in Jersey. I've been approved with my insurance since I walked into the doctors office. My insurance didn't require any pre-approval process as long as I met their BMI requirement.

I have been overweight all of my life. I lost about 50 lbs on LA weight loss a few years back, but gained it all plus more back! I'm hoping this will be the end of the road for my on my weight loss journey!

Hello, Im Michelle from Florida. I have been married for 3 years to a wonderful man and we have known eachother for 16 years. We do not have any children yet. We we going to try until I decided to get banded. I have struggled with my weight since I was in middle school. I did loose 50lbs before we got married , but have gained it all back now. I lost 3 family members in the last 2 years and mom and both have cancer, so to say the least this was a wake up call for me to get my health in order. Though I did not have many co-morbidities, I knew it was only a matter of time for them to creep up. I am excited to have this tool to helo me. I am aloso excited to find this website/forum.

Hello! I am Anne, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am 37 years old, and the mother of a fabulous 6 year old daughter. My husband and I have been married for 10 years (and as of today, together for 20 years!). He is 100% supportive of this new adventure (and since insurance won't cover the surgery in Ontario, it was a big decision for our family...). I am definitely not enjoying the pre-op stage...but looking forward to my surgery: November 7th.

I am so excited to see a support group for those of us having our surgeries this month. I will be checking in frequently and look forward to seeing everyone's success stories.

Hola! Everyone my name is Roxy, I'm 29 years old and I live in Newark Delaware. Ever since I hit puberty at 16 I had a hard time controlling my weight. After I went on a vacation at the beginning of the year and the sit belt on my plane sit didn't fit I decided to do something. I went to a seminar in April and started this whole process and I will get band on Monday Nov. 3. I'm so excited, scared and fricked out all at the same time but I can wait to start this new journey and say goodbye to this weight and best of all having all you guys for support.

Take Care and Good Luck!!!

My name is Tammy and I've been married to a good man for 29 yrs. He is a military officer/writer/rancher/ordained minister. We have four children 28,25,24,13 and we are grandparents to five little boys! What fun when they are all here. I too have been overweight for most of my life. I had a hard time growing up and being the one everyone picked on about weight. I am anxious to have a new life in the world of the slender people. I am looking forward to getting healthier and taking back control of my life instead of food controlling me.

My Name is Heather and I'm 39 Mother of Two girls 18 & 12 and a Wife of a Wonderful man. I'm so excited about this new journey I've decided to take I have been heavy since my first Child. I was diagnosed with an Auto Immune disorder that has taken my ability to loose weight to a screeching Halt. Slowly but surely the way has complicated my life. SO I"M READY FOR A NEW ME. I'm looking at it as a new lease on life.

My only fear is to have the insurance say no after all this hard work.... :tongue: Not sure how long the insurance approval process takes so I will just hang on and hope the 18th is still my date. I wish everyone here lot of luck in our new endeavor.:tongue:

First let me say I just got my surgery date this morning. November 20. I am a bag of mixed emotions, excited and scared at the same time. I will be a mess by the 20th! I am a older bander 47, and the weight has become a burden. High blood pressure aching knees and hips etc. I am looking forward to not hurting everytime I get up and try to go up the stairs. I have one child a son 12 years old and live in Houston.

We have been married 20 years this December, a good time to start a new life I think.

Hello all

I am Keri......I am 31 and mom to 2 sets of twins. I am Proud Army wife to Darian. We have been Married almost 10 years.

I have been fighting with my weight since the day I hit puberty. It is constantly on my mind and I had enough fighting with my weight!

I am having my surgery in 16 days.

I am scared and very nervous, but excited!

I am in the south, and hope to be able to enjoy the mild winters here and walk alot more after my surgery!

Keri

How old are both sets of twins? Mine are 23 months (one set).

How old are both sets of twins? Mine are 23 months (one set).

Logan and Spencer are 8 1/2 :thumbs_up: they are getting so big

Lara and Cade are 5 :frown: just had there 5th b-day

Hello everyone! My surgery date is November 17th so I am excited to join the Notorious Novembers! I've lurked around this website off and on for a year but figured I should start posting more now that my surgery date is almost here! I am a 32-year-old happily-married mother of a little boy who is almost 3 and am really looking forward to getting this excess weight off so I can get healthier. Of course, being able to go shopping in any clothing store I want will be a happy bonus! :rolleyes2:

By day I am a paralegal, and by night I am a fiction writer. My literary agent just sold my first book, and I have to say that my 32nd birthday was one of my best ever--I got the news a publisher wanted to buy my book on that day, and also got the insurance approval for my lap band surgery! Next year's birthday may have a hard time living up to this year, but on the plus side I should be smaller and healthier! =)

Looking forward to having this support group to draw on while going through this process.

Hello Everyone! I am officially banded as of Nov 4th. Oh my, where do I even begin to start? As of one week pre-op diet and post banding I have lost 17.5 lbs. I never dreamed that anything could feel this great so quick. Everything went well with surgery. I spent one night in the hospital and home by 4:00pm the next day. Absolutely no hunger at all! I couldn't believe it. I am a little sore, but moving great. I have had no gas from the surgery like some have talked about.The only problem is the soreness across the top of my stomach. I do have seven small incisions the largest approx 1.5 to 2 in. Good luck everyone on your upcoming dates! It is worth it. There is no explaination of the way that you will feel.

Come on, there must be other men than me out there who have been banded this month! I'm 45, married 20 years, and have 3 great daughters. I've been heavy since third grade, and have lost as much as 40 lbs twice in my adult life, only to gain it back and then some. I again lost 40 pounds in the 6 months leading up to my surgery earlier this week. My surgery story is in my blog (click on blog underneath my name on the left if you'd like to read it). I've always been active, playing golf and mountain biking, and the weight sure does get in the way. I'm looking forward to being able to do things without being out of breath or my pants falling down. But the main reason I've done this is to avoid becoming diabetic and having a heart attack before I hit 70. The downside is that I will need a larger nest egg in the 401k to pay for my longevity.