Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!!! Please help me

today is the offical liquid diet day...the husband is eating my fav. chienese left overs, i am about to have some but i am not. I did have one piece of spare rib...more like spare tire on my hip. I need to hate this food....i need to think of how much fat and wasted calories that this food is. I do not find it supportive that he is eating this in front of me...he plated it and brought it in next to me!!! and then left the room after wards...i am starving...i would die to eat right now, and i can't. PLEASE HELP....

How about having some Chinese Soup and eating only the broth? Believe or not, it is quite satisfying. The liquid diet is quite difficult but worth the trouble in the long run. Its only a temporary phase of the path to the inplanting of the lap band. BE SURE to have adequate amount of Protein. That is the key. I eat between 50 to 80 grams of protein a day. It satisfies you and takes away the cravings (except the head cravings). You can do it with Protein Drinks. If you need some ideas for different types of protein drinks, search this website for ideas.

i am not allowed to have anything except 3 carnation instant breakfasts and water..that is it. This is for pre-op. It is just so hard

Your poor husband is obviously clueless about what you're going through. I wish I could say I have gone through what you are going through now, but I haven't started the liquid diet process yet. I will be soon, though. With that said, all I can think of doing is to remove yourself from the situation. If he brings a plate of your favorite food in, go do something else until the food is gone. He may finally get the message that you're serious about this and he needs to be supportive. If you're not focusing on the food, but on something else (and that might take a LOT of effort), then it will be easier not to stress out on what you can't have, but on what you're going to gain by doing this liquid diet thing. This is the first step toward a new life for both you and your husband, so go find something to do that you really enjoy doing, that isn't focused on food. You may have to do this on many occasions! At least I've found that for me, finding something else to do or think about really helps.

You can do this - it's your turn now for success!

Do y'all eat in the family/living room, or is this in the kitchen?

The reason I ask is this: If it's in the living room, maybe ask him to eat in the kitchen until the liquid diet is over (at least). Besides, it's better for him not to eat while watching tv.

If y'all are in the kitchen, what if you went to the living room? Though one should not eat in front of the tv, you're not really "eating." Does that make sense? Maybe if you don't see it, it will be easier.

I went on a liquid fast (religious reasons) once for a week -- didn't eat a thing for seven days. I can only hope that when my time comes, I will be as fastidious about this as I was before, especially because of what this means to you/me before the operation.

Just remember what you are working towards. If you can keep your eye constantly on the prize, then you will not be tempted by something that only lasts a moment in the mouth but somehow latches forever on the hips.

Oh, I so know how you feel...the liquid diet was horrendous, but nothing compared to what I endured after my first week of being banded. Unfortunately, I have a rare blood disorder I didn't know about and I had a massive stroke one week after surgery. I spent the next 4 months in hospital/rehab, mostly on puree diet (blah). I would have killed to go back home to my liquid diet I so bitterly complained about. 9 months down the track and I'm doing pretty well...I'm independent (with most things) and I've managed to lose 33kg. I've hit a plateau and going for a fill next week. There is going to be temptation wherever you turn, but believe it or not, you won't feel like it, or at least, you'll eat only a small amount and decide it's not the way it used to taste.

My lap-band buddy josntra told me about strawberry smoothies - they were yum in liquid phase, but stick to what you've been told to drink - it will help shrink your liver and make recovering from surgery easier.

Didn't want to scare you...my case is extremely rare...but the liquid diet really isn't that hard. It was easier after surgery, because I really didn't feel like eating or drinking.