Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Thank you so much Joann for the reassurance, I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way right now. But I really appreciate the support, and yes I will and am doing all of those things.

Barngal2003 and JoannMarie,

Barngal, you just need to focus on healing, for now. each food phase has its own challenges. Listen to the doctor. I, too, am stuck, at the moment. :cry_smile:

JoannMarie, Thank you for remindinding me this is barely the beginning, :)

Barngal, I think all of us have had mental questions about failure...maybe I should just say I have...Yes, there may be slip & fall times, but we just get up and move on. We'll use our new tool and we will succeed... because we really want to & because we can come here & get kind, loving support. This site is our safety net!!

I really believe I decided to get the band BECAUSE it will always be there as a tool to help me through those times when I can't quite do it on my own. Yes - I have to eat the right foods in small quantities. But life happens and everyone gets discouraged, hungry, stressed, sad, happy, etc, etc! It is inevitable that I will be human and fall down at times, no matter how determined I am to accomplish this life change. This tool will be there to help me pick myself up again. I will come to my senses (probably) and realize what it is I have to do to make it all happen - and the tool will be there as I begin to put all the pieces back together. This is what I have lacked in the past with all the dieting and regaining, dieting and regaining. This time I can only fall so far - and the band will be there to help me keep from regaining and get back on track with eating healthy and becoming that thinner person who lives within. (Well - the band and lots of prayers!!!) That's why we must be a great support system for each other. Guarantee when I fall one of you will be standing there to help me get back up again, and I will do the same for you.

Hi guys! Hope all the holiday hotties are doing great! I had my first fill yesterday and it hurt! But it is soo worth it. I'm at 299 pounds today!!! Whoo hooo for being under 300. That's 31 pounds since before pre-op diet. i now have 4.5 cc in a 10cc band. You can check out my blog if you want details. Hope everyone is doing great!:thumbup:

By the way, I have had weight loss stalls, second guessing, and being sad and feeling like it might not work over the past month, so to everyone who is struggling, it will get better. We have only just begun!

Edited by trina4ufl

Congratulations Trina!! You are doing great. I have my appointment for my first fill tomorrow. More new experiences...

I think we have all had a million emotions during the month of December and early January. You are right - it will all be worth it.

Congratulations Trina!! You are doing great. I have my appointment for my first fill tomorrow. More new experiences...

I think we have all had a million emotions during the month of December and early January. You are right - it will all be worth it.

THanks!!! I hope your fill goes great!

Hi, joannMarie we had surhery the same day. I had my first fil on the 7th it wasn't bad at all. Drank liquids that day was fine. The next day ate mushies and have had that pressure in my back. Its either swelling , eating to fast or too much. I think its operator error causing the problem but I'm going to figure it out. I can tell something is diffrent since the fill. Thats a good thing.

Hi everyone, seems like everyone is doing pretty well. I have been trying to focus on smooth transitioning from one food plan to the next, without making too many radical changes at once! No problems so far, my weight loss has slowed down a bit (probably food choice related...solid, mushy, solid, mushy cycling...tomorrow will be better!!) Tomorrow is my 4 mo. follow-up lung CT to look for any changes in my "thingies". My weight is down 29# since Thanksgiving...I'll keep it slow! I'm trying to get back into daily speed walking (easier said then done... I have a new walking partner and she doesn't do "speed"...she's my 3 yr. old Shelty and preferred speed is "slow" to accomodate sniffing!!). Well, I'm off to "play" in my sewing room. Our weather is turning COLD... after several days of 80's in the past several weeks, my poor confused Maple trees are covered with new leaves (they didn't learn from last year!!). Even my overly furred babies won't spend more then a few minutes outdoors. MarilynC.:lol:

I drank sparkingly apple juice last night, mixed it with Water and all was well. Today, I thought I'd just take a swig of strait sparkingly apple juice----It was a very bubbling experience, not recommended.:lol: My papers told me no carbination of any kind but......I had to try it., Now I know why.

I've lost 15 pounds since Dec. 9th and I feel so blessed. I guess I'll get a fill in February but I don't feel completely healed yet. How did you guys decide when it was a good time to have a fill done?

Warm Regards,

Vickie

Banded Dec. 9, 2008

Mexico

Vickie, Congrats !! and thanks for the heads up Carbonated stuff doesn't tempt me but have been close to too full. it gets better each day. i am just getting close to pre surgery strenght training levels and times.

pmcfarm - I knew there was something about you that clicked with me! We are sheltie fans also - 2 year old Jack is our 5th sheltie! They have been wonderful dogs for us. Holly came to live with us at Christmas 1975, was part of the family for 16 years, and was nanny to our 3 children. She knew without her we would never get them raised. Since then each of the "girls" have taken care of us. We have learned that female shelties have a very strong sense of responsibility. Jack is our second boy - (Toby was our first sheltie and the only male we've had until Jack - little Toby left us way too early, as he was hit by a car.) Jack is 2 yrs old and has a more carefree attitude about life. He is a very talented sniffer, fence runner, ball catcher, and people lover. Our former shelties were sables, but Jack is a blue merle and his unusual coloring is quite handsome. We miss our little Abbie, but Jack has been very comforting for us.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I have not gotten into exercising as I should. I've had some eye problems and had urgent laser surgery on Saturday. Still healing, and they've recommended holding off on the exercise till I am checked again. I'll have to have the same surgery on the right eye in a few weeks. It is a form of glaucoma and can cause sudden attacks which can cause blindness in a very short time. It's been scary, but the surgery should take care of the problem so I'm anxious to get it all done and behind me.

I had my first fill on Friday - 3cc in my Realize band. I'm doing well with it. I'm very careful with bite size, eating slowly, etc. I am full on 1/2 to 1 cup of food/meal and have had no hunger issues between meals. Trying to keep the Protein up... 22 pounds so far - and I am happy with that!

Joann, Congratw!! you are doing well.

everyone runs into a snafu somewhere..

any December people out there? How are you all doing? I get my first fill soon.:thumbup: Ive only lost 6 lbs so far.

Hi all, Anyone else waiting for their 1st Fill? My insurance changed since the surgery ajnd the new Co has to reauthorize the whole thing!!! :mad3:Have lost 21 # since surgery but it is so easy to eat too much w/o the fill and I've plateau'ed. I try to fill up on liquids but am concerned if it is posible to stretch the pouch .. anyone know ??