Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

To all the men reading this post just turn away....Ok to all my nortorious november ladies, i've got a question for you. is anyone else's cycle completely out of wack? tmi? i know, but in lieu of searching for a thread on the topic i thought i'd check with thoes i already know. the past 2 months mine is so completely off it's driving me nuts. i have heard tale of weight loss affecting your tom but i was just curious if anyone shared this delimma. i'm a woman of predictability. i like my coffe by 9, my kids to bed by 8:30, and my cycle every 28 days...so this is throwing a kink in my routine....and i'm not pg. already took a test...twice!

Yes, I've had mine about every 3 weeks (give or take) since surgery in November. :( At least it means I'm not preggers, LOL.

To all the men reading this post just turn away....Ok to all my nortorious november ladies, i've got a question for you. is anyone else's cycle completely out of wack? tmi? i know, but in lieu of searching for a thread on the topic i thought i'd check with thoes i already know. the past 2 months mine is so completely off it's driving me nuts. i have heard tale of weight loss affecting your tom but i was just curious if anyone shared this delimma. i'm a woman of predictability. i like my coffe by 9, my kids to bed by 8:30, and my cycle every 28 days...so this is throwing a kink in my routine....and i'm not pg. already took a test...twice!

I had my period during the surgery. Then I got it again exactly 1 month later - right on time. My last period was 2 weeks late!!! I started to forget about it when it came on sudddenly .

I'm loving the band too. After my second fill they had me to tight. Went back the next day and they took .5cc out. I have gone back three more times for .25cc each time and really feeling the restriction now. After the unfill I gained 5 punds back. As of this morning (2 weeks later) I have lost the 5 pounds plus 2 more.

I too also love the NON scale victories. I'm down from a 24 to a 18/20 pants now. Shirts are starting to get pretty baggie too. My mother in law is going to a party where you take 5 items and trade with others to get to the right size you need. I'm going to sell more of my stuff on Ebay and just shop at Wal-Mart & Target & Kohl's. They have great cheap stuff to keep me going.

Congrat's to everyone who was banned in November...

I love my band!

:thumbup:Awesome Job with the weight loss and the non scale Victories!!! I haven't found my sweet spot just yet I think this next fill will do it!!

I had another small fill yesterday. Now I'm at 6.5cc's of a 10cc band. So far so good. I really have to chew alot better than I did before. Might even have to get rid of a few items I ate before. Good news was I lost 3 pounds in 1 week since my last appt.

I'm with you the second fill made some foods previously okay no longer a possibility. This is okay, as one of them were pork chops on the grill, the meat just wouldn't go down comfortably. I find myself enjoying the conversation at meals, where before I would just be so focused on the food, it's refreshing. I sure enjoy each pound that I lose, it's so nice to be going in this direction, rather than gaining.

My cycles are totally out of whack. My surgeon said to expect it for 6-9 months, as a lot of hormones are stored in fat and a lot of obesity is hormone driven. Losing weight, especially this fast, can really mess cycles up. I am getting mine every 3-5 weeks. Was always always always every 28 days before.

Getting another small fill today. I am struggling a lot with head hunger and reckless food choices. I've goen back to mydailyplate.com and am going to get a fill to hopefully help with between-meal hunger.

I hope all the November bandsters are doing well, no one has logged into this board much lately. I guess we're all busy with work, family, etc. I'm doing good, slow and steady as they say. I've found that breads are harder for me to consume lately, which is okay for me, as I loved them and needed to step back from eating so much. I find that I'm enjoying my food and have adjusted to eating slower. No sodas for 3 months, something I didn't think I could give up.

I hope all the November bandsters are doing well, no one has logged into this board much lately. I guess we're all busy with work, family, etc. I'm doing good, slow and steady as they say. I've found that breads are harder for me to consume lately, which is okay for me, as I loved them and needed to step back from eating so much. I find that I'm enjoying my food and have adjusted to eating slower. No sodas for 3 months, something I didn't think I could give up.

I think there were at least 4 sites where you could find novemebr bandsters, but I think a few of us have been posting on http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/how-banded-notorious-novembers-80599/. Not sure, but you might see some familiar faces there.