Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shalee's October Overhaul

Dec 15th update. saw my Dr today, not much to report different. I still have wound issue and he says it has stalled. Meaning not getting better, not getting worse. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is all I have to say. We are continuing wet/dry wound pack dressing changes 2 times a day, But with a new wet solution called Dakins. He wants me to really up my Protein and to be strict in remembering to get in over 125 mg a day!!! I try I really do, but some days it's hard. sigh

I asked him why cant he just cut and pull and sew the wound closed, he said becasue of micobacterias in the body and it would cause a bigger problem. So then I asked about if and when this ever heals what's the probability of this happening again with the new wound, he said very unlikely ... I sure hope that's true I don't want to deal with this after a revision. But WHO knows when that will be.

He did release me to go back to the gym. WOHOOO that makes me very happy. 8 7 weeks with no working out makes a Kelly flabby.

So it's still just a waiting game with the healing.

I am trying to stay positive and not dwell on the hole I have in my nice flat tummy. But sometimes it's hard to not just cry.

My breast are wonderful. I went from a very deflated B to a nice full D cup!!!! Bra shopping was so much fun the other day. and hubby is very happy with them also!!!

Ok well that's my update.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

Glad you updated us. Happy you can exercise. Life will get better. Take care. Would still love to see pics.

Karey, thanks for all your support!! :tongue_smilie: Here's a few pix. Caution, graphic..... YIKES!!!!:tongue::eek::lol:

post-224850-13813137954387_thumb.jpg

post-224850-13813137954813_thumb.jpg

post-224850-13813137955096_thumb.jpg

Wow... brave of you to share!!!! Thanks so much for doing that!!! My stomach situation is very much like yours, so I hope my results look as good as yours!!!

Happy continued healing!!!:tongue_smilie:

Shalee: You look freaky fantastic! The boobs are nice and up there! YEAH! The stomach is great. I'm sure when you heal and forget some of the difficulties you've had to endure that you're going to be estatic about your results. I'm sure that exercise is going to help your mental status, if you can find time so close to Christmas! Anyway, thanks for sharing! Isn't is great to say goodbye to all that puckery skin!LOL!

Shalee

I echo Karey - you look fantastic. I know you've had a tough haul - but WOW!!!!!

As great as you look now, you will be more and more pleased with the results over the next several months, so chin up girl. Go and strut that new fab body now that you are cleared for activity.

Just so you don't think you are the only one - I (three months after ps) have opened up a small part of my incision (about the size of a quarter) in what looks to be the same spot as you. It happens - nothing you can do, but pack and cover!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Jacquie

Thanks everyone. It was hard to post that before shot, But the only way encourage others is to show the before and afters.

Yes Karey the boobs are nice and UP there!!! It's been a long time since they have been up. hehe So far I haven't made it to the gym, I'm hoping to go on Monday.

I attached a pix of my wound, this was taken on the 4th of Dec. It doesn't really hurt thank god, every so often I get small sharp needle like staps of pain around it. But overall it looks worse then it feels. It's just very annoying with having to pack with the gauze and Dakins solution. But again seeing the before pix all this is worth it in the end!!!

JJsmiles, I know what you mean, I just found a small pin hole opening about 3 inches from my other wound last night. I thought WTH!!!! Hopefully it doesn't get any bigger, 1 big one is all I can handle!!! Arrgghhhhhhh

OK thanks again for all the support you have all given me.:tongue_smilie:

post-224850-13813137955503_thumb.jpg

Great hole picture! I can see why you've been worried. Looks like it's filling in well, though. If you have to have a little scar revision, I bet you'll be surprised how easy it is. When I had the revision to my Tummy Tuck, I thought it would be very painful just like the first time around, but it was virtually painless and that was with the anchor incision. So, my point is, to try and not worry and enjoy all the good stuff. Happy Healing and Merry Christmas!

You look fabulous woman! I know it's been a long haul, but geez what a difference in your body in one year. You should post your before surgery picture so people can see how far you have really come.

Thanks for sharing and hang in there!

Just a quick update. Went to Dr on Jan 5th. and my wound is finally healing and showing good progress of closing up. This has all happened in the last 2 weeks. He thinks the wound should be completly closed withen 3 weeks. Then he will do a revision to fix the scar tissue this has caused 2 months after that. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Everything else is good, I'm back to the gym, slowly but still back.