Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shalee's October Overhaul

Well I am ready to step over to the other side. I have scheduled my plastic surgery for October 23rd at 7:00am!!!:thumbup:

On the menu for that day is a Fleur-De-Lis Tummy Tuck. In english it is basically an extended tummy tuck with anchor incision. Also a mons lift and breast implants. After consulting with 4 PS's and the one I choose twice we determined I didn't really need a lift, sure it would help a little but in the end I am not really as droopy as I think I am and that with the implants I should be very happy. (I'm just deflated it seems)

He estimated 7-9 pounds to be removed during surgery from the tummy, Ddng that' alot of flabby skin just hanging around. Then a few days ago someone called from Ps's office and asked if I would like to donate my skin, I was like, I don't care what you do with it as long as it;s gone from me, I want it no more!!!!!

The breasts I think have given me the most stress over trying to decide should I?, Do I really need them?,can I live with a flat tummy and deflated boobs? what size to get, not to big, not to small, not tupperware looking, Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhh big stress headaches all around because of boobies!!! With the tummy tuck it is somethng I have wanted for years, so it was a no brainer, just find the right surgeon, and how soon can you do it Doc!!!

We went with a dr that is almost 3 hours away with LA/Bev hills traffic, so we will be gettng a hotel room for a few nights, as I don't and I repeat DON'T want to be in a car with my husband in LA traffic. Plastic surgery and crazy traffic and my hubby driving won't mix well, and won't make for a very happy Kelly.

Even tho I am not at my goal weight, I feel and my PS feels this is a good time for me to do this. It also might help with my weight loss platue that I had been having.

I am excited and scared all rolled into one. I am driving my hubby bonkers with all the pix I send/show him of tummies and boobs.

Well that's about it for now, I am actually on my way to my PCP to give him my list from the PS for my pre-ops tests and hopefully he will be on board with me having this done. 3 months ago when I mentioned it to him, he thought I should wait another year. Maybe if I show him the belly n all her glory he will agree with me:eek:

I am sooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I'll be joining you!

what does your belly look like now?

I have the ever present permanent waist band (from all the years) I sucked in my gut to wear jeans............

I did have a c-section 5 years ago but it was a pubic horizontal incision and I can't even see it now......... thanks for starting this thread!

Shalee: Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! It's so exciting and scary all wrapped up into one, isn't it?! I'm sure that getting all the skin off will help with your weight loss plalteau. I've lost over 20 pounds since my TT and BL. You'll also be able to exercise better with the apron gone. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have a flat tummy. You are going to love it. I'm having round 2 of my plastic journery on October 15th, so we can commiserate together. Wishing you the best!

TracyK, Thanks and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as well that you will be joining us soon.

My belly is scary, in addition to the lower belly flap I have an upper belly flap as weel as a little on the sides of my tummy, thats why we are going with the Anchor cut to get more of it off from the upper portion. I too have has 2 c-cections and a hysterectomy, all 3 were bikini cuts.

I have always carried alot of weight in the middle section.

I too have the ever present permanent waist band from wearng my pants way too tight, I guess to me I looked not as fat with tight pants on, when in reality it was probably a stuffed sausage I looked like. YIKES

Today I cleared my EKG and Chest XRay, tomorrow is my labs. my pcp still wants me to wait another year for this, said I will lose more and get better results, But I showed him the bellies and told him my feelings, He finally said he understood, probably just to get me to shut up, hehe. He really is a great Doc, but some things are better left up to me. This will make me a much happier person,

Edited by Shalee04
spelling

Shalee: Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! It's so exciting and scary all wrapped up into one, isn't it?! I'm sure that getting all the skin off will help with your weight loss plalteau. I've lost over 20 pounds since my TT and BL. You'll also be able to exercise better with the apron gone. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have a flat tummy. You are going to love it. I'm having round 2 of my plastic journery on October 15th, so we can commiserate together. Wishing you the best!

Thanks Karey, You are a brave one going under again:thumbup:

And I know running on the treadmill just has to be better with the belly gone, Shesh I have to wear a girdle under my sweats to hold it still, yeah that's real comfortable. My hubby cracks up at me gettng ready for the gym, he offers me duct tape.

It's so hard to imagine it gone, I try but my mind just can't comprehend it. I know when I wake up I am going to be afraid to look thinking its still there..

Shalee I am so excited for you. I hope to be in your shoes soon. I have alot in common with you - 2 c-cections and a hysterectomy, all 3 were bikini cuts. I will be going to see the PS in a few weeks. I will be watching your progress and look forward to your post. Good luck with everything.

Oh - pictures, we would love pictures!!!

Laura

Shalee I am so excited for you. I hope to be in your shoes soon. I have alot in common with you - 2 c-cections and a hysterectomy, all 3 were bikini cuts. I will be going to see the PS in a few weeks. I will be watching your progress and look forward to your post. Good luck with everything.

Oh - pictures, we would love pictures!!!

Laura

Thanks Laura, I'll see about getting hubby to take a couple of pix.

Good morning Shalee! I'm going to go look up the anchor cut.

Hi Tracy, The anchor cut isn't used very often, mostly in patients with alot of upper ab skin. I know Salsa had it done and she has pix on her Salsa's summer surgery thread on here.

good luck Shalee! Let me know if you have any questions - I am going through recovery right now!

Thanks KarenG, Today was blood work day, the last of my pre-ops.

Were you able to sleep in a bed, or recliner?? I have to make a decision on whether to rent a recliner or not. Dr wants me to stay at a hotel near his office untill p1st post op appointment, But none have recliners.

Thanks Laura, I'll see about getting hubby to take a couple of pix.

Hi Tracy, The anchor cut isn't used very often, mostly in patients with alot of upper ab skin. I know Salsa had it done and she has pix on her Salsa's summer surgery thread on here.

Thanks KarenG, Today was blood work day, the last of my pre-ops.

Were you able to sleep in a bed, or recliner?? I have to make a decision on whether to rent a recliner or not. Dr wants me to stay at a hotel near his office untill p1st post op appointment, But none have recliners.

Hi Shalee - I slept in a bed from the beggining - I got a wedge pillow and use a bolster and pillows under my feet to sleep - head and legs elevated. I had a lower body lift so the recliner was pretty uncomfortable for me for the first week - mostly I stood up or lay down. Now I spend a LOT of time in the recliner but do not sleep in it. Get a lot of pillows in any case and I highly recommend the wedge pillow so you are sleeping at a slight incline. Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi Shalee - I slept in a bed from the beggining - I got a wedge pillow and use a bolster and pillows under my feet to sleep - head and legs elevated. I had a lower body lift so the recliner was pretty uncomfortable for me for the first week - mostly I stood up or lay down. Now I spend a LOT of time in the recliner but do not sleep in it. Get a lot of pillows in any case and I highly recommend the wedge pillow so you are sleeping at a slight incline. Good luck and keep us posted!

I ordered 2 different wedge type pillows from Makemeheal.com, some compresses. Now I am just waiting to find out about compression garments I dont want to order them to soon and get the wrong ones, or wrong sizes.

Your surgery is the day before mine. What an exciting week we will have. I am all excited and nervous all wrapped up in one as well. Can't wait to see/hear about your progress!!

Hi Kelly!!!

I'm so glad you started a thread!. Three weeks from today -- Wow -- it's coming up quickly! I'm SO excited for you :cool2::smile:;)!

I've ordered two different types of compression garments for my surgeries and both times I used a company called Nouvelle. Here's the link to their website Compression Wear & Bodyshaping Clothing. Ask for Dawn.

I've been really pleased with the prices (which seem more reasonable than most) and their truly excellent service. They will help you with sizing and will even custom size a garment for you (at no extra charge I believe). They also ship lightening fast and have an excellent return policy.

I wasn't sure what size I needed before Round 1 either and Dawn shipped me my garment in two different sizes and allowed me to return the unused one for a full refund a few week after my surgery.

Hope this helps and I'll be looking forward to following your journey!

Talk to you soon!

Hi Kelly!!!

I'm so glad you started a thread!. Three weeks from today -- Wow -- it's coming up quickly! I'm SO excited for you :cool2::smile:;)!

I've ordered two different types of compression garments for my surgeries and both times I used a company called Nouvelle. Here's the link to their website Compression Wear & Bodyshaping Clothing. Ask for Dawn.

I've been really pleased with the prices (which seem more reasonable than most) and their truly excellent service. They will help you with sizing and will even custom size a garment for you (at no extra charge I believe). They also ship lightening fast and have an excellent return policy.

I wasn't sure what size I needed before Round 1 either and Dawn shipped me my garment in two different sizes and allowed me to return the unused one for a full refund a few week after my surgery.

Hope this helps and I'll be looking forward to following your journey!

Talk to you soon!

Thanks Frangi for the info, I will go check them out. well it's all paid for so I guess there is really no turning back now!!

Kelly: how are you hanging in? What tests did they require?

Hi Tracy, I had to have an EKG , chest Xray and alot of blood work, and urinalysis. The lab said he is checking extensivly all my Vitamin levels as well as all the normal blood work.

As for hanging in there I have a million things running thru my head and it seems to happen at about 2 am usually, so Iget up and write things down I want to ask the PS. like last night I was worried about him moving my port, I am scared something will happen to it. I can't afford to have any problems with my band, so I will be asking him my list of port when I see him on the 13th for my pre-op appt.

When do you go see you PS?