Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY are people voting for McCain?

I know...I can't wait until my bowel prep tomorrow!!

Wouldn't you like like to tell your 16-year old self that you would've ever posted "I can't wait until my bowel prep tomorrow" on a public website? ;-)

I just now realized that you're in C'ville. I went to HS in Hoptown.

I know. But my 16 year old self would have never thought I would have needed lapband surgery either! (considering at 16 I weighed about 110 lbs)

TY Clusk! I am getting butterflies in my tummy! It goes by so quickly! I have been shopping and trying to be creative on food choices. I bought tiny bowls so that I can store smaller servings. I have all of my meds, Vitamins, etc. My bags are packed. I just have to get up in the morning at six, drink a bottle of the prep...gonna run to work to do some paper work, and the come back home and drink another bottle at noon. I also have antibiotics to take in the afternoon. Since I work in a hospital, I brought home some pre-op skin cleanser...MRSA scares me and I don't want to get it! I think I am going to go hop into bed and hope the day goes by fast!!

Mcaine is bush light with a temper being controlled by medication he is a very serious threat to America He and Cindy dearest have led seperate lives for their entire marrage Its very dangewrous bullshit Pallin is a big believer of witchcraft.

OMG.....This is The most insightful political commentary I have ever read!!!

You really nailed it, drstan!! (I hope my use of punctuation doesn't render my message unreadable)

OMG.....This is The most insightful political commentary I have ever read!!!

You really nailed it, drstan!! (I hope my use of punctuation doesn't render my message unreadable)

punctuation schmunctuation; only bible-thumping, right-wingers use punctuation! ha!

wait - i have a grammar thread on LBT and am a centrist liberal; hmm.

Well, to be fair, you are kind of a nerd, grammergirl.......heehee....

Hello, long ago, I copped to being a proud nerd, tyvm!!! I need an emoticon that flips you off....Ima look now.

:cool2: This is as close as I could find. There are 6 bananas having sex but none flipping someone off. Boo!

Edited by SickNTired

:cool2: Here is one!! It is better than the banana's humping each other!

Thought I might add this for your entertainment.

Lynn Forester de Rothschild, Member of DNC Platform Committee, Endorses John McCain

ARLINGTON, VA -- Today the McCain-Palin campaign announced the endorsement of Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter and member of the Democratic National Committee's Platform Committee.

"In an election as important at this, we must choose the candidate who has a proven record of bipartisanship and reforming government, and that's John McCain," Rothschild said. "We can't afford a president who lacks experience and judgment and has never crossed party lines to work for meaningful reform. Amid tough economic times and foreign policy concerns, we need someone who is ready to lead. Although I am a Democrat, I recognize that it's more important to put country ahead of party and that's why I support John McCain."

Rothschild, an attorney and businesswoman, supported Sen. Clinton during the Democratic primaries. She will campaign for Sen. McCain through Election Day.

Slightly off topic, but why do liberals hate Palin so much? I thought they fancied themselves as being open-minded?

Also, there is some very good information on here about Socialized medicine.

The Problems with Socialized Health Care

There are statistics from other countries that have "free healthcare for all".

Yes, free healthcare for all sounds good, but once you start looking into the details, you will find it is not so pretty.

To answer your question, Plain:

Eve Ensler, the American playwright, performer, feminist and activist best known for "The Vagina Monologues", wrote the following about Sarah Palin:

"Drill, Drill, Drill

I am having Sarah Palin nightmares. I dreamt last night that she was a member of a club where they rode snowmobiles and wore the claws of drowned and starved polar bears around their necks. I have a particular thing for Polar Bears. Maybe it's their snowy whiteness or their bigness or the fact that they live in the arctic or that I have never seen one in person or touched one. Maybe it is the fact that they live so comfortably on ice. Whatever it is, I need the polar bears.

I don't like raging at women. I am a Feminist and have spent my life trying to build community, help empower women and stop violence against them. It is hard to write about Sarah Palin. This is why the Sarah Palin choice was all the more insidious and cynical. The people who made this choice count on the goodness and solidarity of Feminists.

But everything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to Feminism which for me is part of one story -- connected to saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women, giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violence and war.

I believe that the McCain/Palin ticket is one of the most dangerous choices of my lifetime, and should this country chose those candidates the fall-out may be so great, the destruction so vast in so many areas that America may never recover. But what is equally disturbing is the impact that duo would have on the rest of the world. Unfortunately, this is not a joke. In my lifetime I have seen the clownish, the inept, the bizarre be elected to the presidency with regularity.

Sarah Palin does not believe in evolution. I take this as a metaphor. In her world and the world of Fundamentalists nothing changes or gets better or evolves. She does not believe in global warming. The melting of the arctic, the storms that are destroying our cities, the pollution and rise of cancers, are all part of God's plan. She is fighting to take the polar bears off the endangered species list. The earth, in Palin's view, is here to be taken and plundered. The wolves and the bears are here to be shot and plundered. The oil is here to be taken and plundered. Iraq is here to be taken and plundered. As she said herself of the Iraqi war, "It was a task from God."

Sarah Palin does not believe in abortion. She does not believe women who are raped and incested and ripped open against their will should have a right to determine whether they have their rapist's baby or not.

She obviously does not believe in sex education or birth control. I imagine her daughter was practicing abstinence and we know how many babies that makes.

Sarah Palin does not much believe in thinking. From what I gather she has tried to ban books from the library, has a tendency to dispense with people who think independently. She cannot tolerate an environment of ambiguity and difference. This is a woman who could and might very well be the next president of the United States. She would govern one of the most diverse populations on the earth.

Sarah believes in guns. She has her own custom Austrian hunting rifle. She has been known to kill 40 caribou at a clip. She has shot hundreds of wolves from the air.

Sarah believes in God. That is of course her right, her private right. But when God and Guns come together in the public sector, when war is declared in God's name, when the rights of women are denied in his name, that is the end of separation of church and state and the undoing of everything America has ever tried to be.

I write to my sisters. I write because I believe we hold this election in our hands. This vote is a vote that will determine the future not just of the U.S., but of the planet. It will determine whether we create policies to save the earth or make it forever uninhabitable for humans. It will determine whether we move towards dialogue and diplomacy in the world or whether we escalate violence through invasion, undermining and attack. It will determine whether we go for oil, strip mining, coal burning or invest our money in alternatives that will free us from dependency and destruction. It will determine if money gets spent on education and healthcare or whether we build more and more methods of killing. It will determine whether America is a free open tolerant society or a closed place of fear, fundamentalism and aggression.

If the Polar Bears don't move you to go and do everything in your power to get Obama elected then consider the chant that filled the hall after Palin spoke at the RNC, "Drill Drill Drill." I think of teeth when I think of drills. I think of rape. I think of destruction. I think of domination. I think of military exercises that force mindless repetition, emptying the brain of analysis, doubt, ambiguity or dissent. I think of pain.

Do we want a future of drilling? More holes in the ozone, in the floor of the sea, more holes in our thinking, in the trust between nations and peoples, more holes in the fabric of this precious thing we call life?

Eve Ensler

September 5, 2008"