Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY are people voting for McCain?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LbLxja4UHY]YouTube - Colin Powell Discusses His Endorsement of Barack Obama[/ame]

Homeschooling is currently a state issue and should remain that way. But I'm confident if a Democrat-controlled Congress, Senate, and Presidency could outlaw it, they would. It is a huge threat to what they believe in.

It strikes me, Gadget, that you are over-reacting on this issue. As home schooling is a state controlled matter, it is unlikely to the point of impossible that a Democratic president would be successful at wresting control of this issue away from the individual states. Furthermore, to attempt to do such a thing would badly damage his popularity and yet there would be no upside to such an action, even if it were possible! Besides, I believe the president will find that his time will be taken up by other issues: the crumbling domestic economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, international affairs.... Nope, I really don't think that Obama and company are or will be concerned with this matter of home schooling.

You are absolutely right, and this is the philosophy that Obama also subscribes to. I read an article recently about how the American Communist Party was very excited about this election (they weren't endorsing anyone, but they were clearly electrified that "their" ideas were coming to the forefront). I suspect an endorsement from the American Communist Party would kill Obama's chances, so they're keeping their endorsement to themselves.

Obama proposes to raise the taxes of folks who make a quarter of a million bucks or more by a mere 3%. Your country has been haemorrhagging money to the tune of trillions due to this Iraq war. I have read that by embarking on this iniative baby Bush has mortgaged your grandchildren's earnings. There are, moreover, a myriad of other reasons why a state needs tax money. There is an entire infrastructure from which every citizen will benefit. Not every tax dollar taken from you will automatically go into the pocket of a worthless drugged out welfare bum and his brats. I find this notion to be mean-spirited, paranoid, and ridiculous.

Be afraid, be afraid. Obama will take all that is good from this country. He is evil, a muslim and hangs out with terroists.

It's not working!!!!!

This is all the right has left. Taxes and scaring into voting for their party.

It strikes me, Gadget, that you are over-reacting on this issue. As home schooling is a state controlled matter, it is unlikely to the point of impossible that a Democratic president would be successful at wresting control of this issue away from the individual states.

My cause for concern comes from his support of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, which opposes parental rights. I agree that banning homeschooling would be a difficult task; it is not my only concern about Obama and certainly not my biggest concern, but it is a concern nevertheless. Devana asked me what I was concerned about, and this is one of 'em.

Supporting a woman's right to choice does not equal baby killer. That is an ignorant statement.

Go ahead don't vote for him, but the term "baby killer" is highly offensive, incorrect, and wrong.

I don't call a pro-life person crazy or controlling or backwards , don't call pro-choicers baby killers or murderers.

I agree with your right to not vote for Obama for whatever reason you choose, but please don't say, or type, words like that. It's horrible.

I don't view pro-choicer's as baby killers. I am pro-choice, but I have never killed a baby. I view them as people who do not feel the need to force their beliefs on others who have differing beliefs. I also view them as people who are intelligent enough to understand that they can not make a blanket, across-the-board law making it illegal for anyone to get an abortion when they do not know the specific circumstances behind everyone's choice that led them to that decision.

I am also pro-choice. I personally do not think that I could have an abortion, but I do think that this tough decision needs to be made by the woman involved. So victims of rape and incest should they have a child against their will? What about situations where the mother's life is at risk? What if the mother has other kids at home to take care of? What if your 12 year old daughter was raped and came crying to you scared about being pregnant? I see you would force her to have the child? I did a report in high school about abortion. There was a story of a little 15 year old girl who went to have an illegal back alley abortion (abortion was illegal at the time), and 3 days later died of an infection. So what is cruel? Where do you draw the line and where do people find it their right to tell others what they can do with their bodies? People are going to do what they want to do whether it is right or wrong. People will still be getting abortions legally or illegally.

My friend is a social worker for a woman who had a child when she was 8. She has some sort of mental/physical condition...I am not sure if it is downs or not. She had her first menstrual period at 5. She was raped...she was not able to take care of her kid. She is now 26 and her daughter is 18. If my 8 year old was rapped, I do not know that I could force her to have the child...I just don't know. I think early abortions are fine. Some religions believe that spermicides and condoms are killing life as well. Are they life killers too? How would your law be written for pro-life? Would there be conditions? I just don't get it.

I agree with ReadySteadyGo. You have offically lost your power in the debate once you have resorted to calling those on the opposing side baby killers. If you want to make a valid point of view you need to discuss your differences with intelligence and respect. Like Susan, I have never had an abortion and I never could-that is my personal choice. However I don't feel that I have a right to try and force others to see things my way. That makes me pro-choice but not a baby killer.

In my opinion, abortion is just a polarizing issue that is used to keep people distracted from other issues. Anyone that thinks that either candidate is going to change abortion is fooling themselves. It has been a huge debate election-after-election and no matter which side manages to get their candidate in, nothing has changed and nothing will.

these threads have just gotten out of hand - period!

many are bailing from these debates - because they're are NO longer debates.

a topic of mccain / should we vote for a black man / is a woman capable of being VP ... ALWAYS turns to the abortion issue....... go to that thread to debate that issue. i for one am SO over it in ever %^&* topic.

ah...feel better.

Any way you look at it a baby's life is taken when an abortion occures. Who will stand for the choice of the unborn. I will I choose life for the baby over the choice of a person who desires not to be inconvenienced by having to bring a new life into the world. Any way you want to twist it around it is still choosing to take the life of an unborn child.

I call that murder!!!

Any way you look at it a baby's life is taken when an abortion occures. Who will stand for the choice of the unborn. I will I choose life for the baby over the choice of a person who desires not to be inconvenienced by having to bring a new life into the world. Any way you want to twist it around it is still choosing to take the life of an unborn child.

I call that murder!!!

great thread for ya:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f80/who-supports-right-choose-35745/