Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have lost BIG time . . .

That is a great question -- I can't wait to see the responses.

I figure EXERCISE is top of the list -- I need to get my butt moving!

Gina

Chris, I don't know if I qualify for big time weight loss....but I feel successful so I thought I would share.

I make sure that I eat something in the morning. My favorites are

1. kashi oatmeal with splenda and sf Syrup (has Protein and fiber!)

2. kashi crunch with some sort of berries, splenda, and 1% milk

3. yogurt or a Fiber One Bar

lunch has been a downfall....either I've been too tight to really eat anything substantial or I just am not hungry. When I can eat it, I try a Protein like deli turkey or beef, wrapped around a cheese stick. If I go out I eat a salad...because they taste so much better from anywhere but my kitchen.

Usually I snack on another Fiber one bar....but usually only if that isn't what I had for Breakfast. Even when I'm super tight I can seem to get the fiber one bars down.

dinner has not been my favorite meal either. I don't cook good stuff for my family and I know that I won't get it down...so i usually don't eat it and have gotten in the habit of having a bowl of Cereal later in the evening instead.

I do supplement my protein in the mornings by adding proticcino mix to my coffee....it's almost as good as one of those convenience store cappicinnos....

If you notice I am really light on the veggies and fruits. I know that is a problem for me. I wish I liked more than I do. My family only ever ate corn and Beans.....and that's really how far my tastes go most days. How sad is that???

Anyways. Those are the types of things that I eat. I have slowed as of late but I'm almost to goal so I'm not going to complain. Tracking online has been a GIANT help. When I track, I lose...when I don't....I don't.

I have not been exercising regularly lately and that has got to change. I want to get back into that habit. I feel better when I do but I've been so danged busy. It just seems to be beyond me right now.

Good luck....but don't discount how well you have done. You are doing an awesome job. With a new fill you will probably be dropping the pounds like flies! You go girl!!!!!

Thanks Steph . . . always looking for new ideas . . . you have been a great loser! Glad you're getting close to goal. I'll have to check out Kashi .. . sounds like a good supplement to my stuff.

Chris

The kashi I like is the GoLean oatmeal, crunch, and the Cereal with "twigs". Each have a great dose of Protein which I LOVE and always need. The crunch makes a good snack too just as a handful of crunch. I know I was going crazy not getting the potato chip "crunch". But with kashi I can.

You are doing well too though. Don't think you're not!

I'll post my info. I lost most quickly at first- about 90 pounds in 6 months. I had a total of 163 to lose and have 57 pounds left. My weight loss slowed significantly after that first 90 pounds and I've been tetering with the remaining 10 pounds to lose 100 for about 2 months. Probably fair since I lost so quickly up front.

But, from losing well at first to slowing in the past 3 months I've noted several things. First, I feel so much better & my clothes are smaller so I'm really fairly satisfied w/ how I look, especially compared to before. That makes my mental choices harder. Ex. "I'm thinnER so I can have a few bites of that cake". The choices I think i've made in the past 3 months that have slowed my weight loss include:

--not watching portions as closely

--not overstuffing, but not always stopping at the moment I'm full- just a few more bites!

--eating more sweets

--reducing exercise

--snacking more

--eating out more

When I was really maximizing weight loss i was doing these things:

--exercising/walking 6 days/week for 1 hour per day

--weights 3 days/week

--eating low fat, low carb diet with meats/protein as the primary part of the meal.

--eating only at meal times or a fruit cup if i was hungry in between

--cut back to once/month eating out

That's what I've been refocusing on the past 2 weeks & the weight is coming off again at a good pace. I have to stick w/ what I know works for me.

What that 3 month stall did enforce to me was that even with some eating of non-nutritious foods & unhealthy choices I can still maintain which is encouraging that once I reach goal, no food will be forbidden- I'll just have to monitor closely & not go outside the lines too often. I also noticed that when I have more sugar than I really should, I feel like crap. A few days of that is incentive to get back on track. What they say is true- if you take care of your body, it'll take care of you!

As far as specifics, i like to eat tacos for breakfast- no shell of course but I make a pound of lean ground turkey & a pound of lean ground beef & ground it up tiny. I freeze half of it & then portion out the rest seasoning it for taco flavor. Then, in the morning I heat that up w/ some low fat cheese, sprinkle some lettuce & pico on it & that can really keep me going until lunch. I've really gotten away from the Protein bars & things after about 4 months just because i craved the actual meat more than the Protein Bars so I just eat that. I also like rotissere chicken. I serve that to the family & myself and then debone the rest. For other meals then I use that chicken to make a salad- this chicken is just so juicy! Someone said the out to eat salads are better than their own- i so agree- but since I have to reduce the eating out (lots of extra salt & calories) I try to make my salads even better. I have recently added polmegranites, various fruits (mandarin oranges, plums, strawberries, etc), sunflower seeds or pinenuts (toasted or not), and various cheese- feta, blue cheese, fresh parmesean, etc, and seasonings- like the spray on dressings & Bam it! salad spice by emeril.

Hope there is anything here that might help someone else. What a ride!

Lin

Banded 12/20/07

Goal 150

Current: 207

Start Weight: 313

Wow Lin . . .you are simply amazing with your success! I'll have to try your tacos .. .sounds good . . . and like you said . . . food choices have to be watched for sure! Thanks so much for sharing!

Chris

Ok I am having some serious problems...ok not super serious...But I am not losing. I am not gaining and that I am happy for, but I am not losing.

I will admit I am not doing like I was doing but life gets in the way.

I am thinking I am going to start all over with the pre surgery diet to get me back on track and cut out all carbonated beverages again. I dont know what else to do. I am eatting like crap and dont know how to stop myself.:tongue2:

Hey there.. I guess I am a fast loser since it hasn't been 8 months and I have lost 107 pounds.

I follow these rules very strictly:

I have been extremely aggresive with my fills

I chew chew chew

I eat slowlllyyyyyyyyy

I cut my portions in tiny pieces

I eat Protein first then a veggie

I eat off of a salad plate

If I start to feel stuck I stop eating immediately and am done.

I always eat under 3 cups total food a day

If I need a snack i stick to 100 calorie Snacks Love the m&m

I drink as much Water as possible between 32-70 ounces daily

I stay away from carbs (I just don't have room and am to tight for cereal or breads)

My foods usually are:

b: 1/2 6oz yoplait thick and creamy yogurt

l: small piece of meat and a little veggie

d: small piece of meat and a little veggie

s: 100 calorie snack

I am never starving. I never have tummy grumbling which makes me not focus on food. I now eat to live not live to eat.

I stop when I start to feel full. I don't pb anymore ever!

I listen to my body

I don't diet, I eat what I want including fats and sweets I just eat a tiny bit because I am full from being at my sweet spot!

I am not a big excercizer, I figured if I was losing why excercize lol. I know if I started really excercizing I would have been at goal already..

I hope this helps!

ok Here is my deal I dont know when I am full. I dont PB anymore. I have learned to stop before that. But I am always burping when eatting...How do I know when I am full.

I wish I could find a successful bander in my area who would go to dinner with me and show me how they really eat. I need to see it to get it.

ok Here is my deal I dont know when I am full. I dont PB anymore. I have learned to stop before that. But I am always burping when eatting...How do I know when I am full.

I wish I could find a successful bander in my area who would go to dinner with me and show me how they really eat. I need to see it to get it.

Cerrin,

Does your surgeon have a support group? I have found mine to be invaluable. Aside from that, are you moving or exercising? Dieting is good, but moving and adding some exercise--even if only 20-30 minutes 4 times a week will definitely help.

I have lost in chunks--I lost very little weight between July and November, then dropped a quick 40 again when I changed up my exercise plan. I work out at least 4-5 days a week. I watch what I eat, but I'm not hyper vigilant. I focus more on making sure I have enough Protein and Water every day, and do my best to add veggies/fruit. If I end up eating junk with it, so be it. I'm losing, but not obviously or steadily. I keep my measurements because I know that's how I will see my greatest results. I'm now down to about 215 from 304. It wasn't fast and it wasn't easy....but it has been worth it!!

Hi Cerrin . . . I don't know what to do for sure by a long shot . . . but my doctor want me to measure meals in bites . . . not take more than 8 bites over 10 -15 minutes and then wait at least 10 minutes before proceeding . . . he wants 8 bites as a total (I have trouble with the bite thing . . . but when my restristion is good - it works). Hang in there . ..one step in front of another . . . you ARE getting there! I've been slow forever and finally have my head on straight I think and am back to basics . . . and back to Water aerobics too . . .hope something starts moving . . . for both of us!

Chris

Thanks both of you. I do need to get moving again. Working 2 full time jobs and going to school really limits my time for anything. But I need to cut out the sweets and soda. I think I am on a backward trend and it is not a good thing. My parents will be here in May and I wanted to be under 300 and I am not there yet. about 20 lbs left to lose. I think If I can get focused I should be good.

I dont PB anymore I can stop myself before I get to that point. But I have a hard time realizing when I am full.

Like right now I am burping non stop and I am still hungry. But I know If I eat more right now I will PB. But I am still hungry...but I dont know if it is head hunger or real hunger. I do know I am not as tight as I should be.

Thanks both of you. I do need to get moving again. Working 2 full time jobs and going to school really limits my time for anything. But I need to cut out the sweets and soda. I think I am on a backward trend and it is not a good thing. My parents will be here in May and I wanted to be under 300 and I am not there yet. about 20 lbs left to lose. I think If I can get focused I should be good.

I dont PB anymore I can stop myself before I get to that point. But I have a hard time realizing when I am full.

Like right now I am burping non stop and I am still hungry. But I know If I eat more right now I will PB. But I am still hungry...but I dont know if it is head hunger or real hunger. I do know I am not as tight as I should be.

Hey there..

I saw that you drink soda.. I thought that was a huge no no due to the fact that it 1) stretches out your stomache 2) can cause a band slippage.

I hope you talk to your doc and find out before you cause any major problems.

I was a huge soda addict but haven't had one since pre surgery and honestly I don't miss it at all. I am addicted to crystal light now. I wish you much luck and many pounds lost!

Yeah But My Dr said I could drink it. Now I cant stop I am going to have to go cold turkey again.

And tell my brain I CANNNOT have it.