Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 16th surgeries

My surgeon still does about 50/50. More people are choosing the band though. I'm trying to talk my sister into the band, instead of putting it down. :cry_smile:

Teri

Hi everyone!

I just got back from my first dietician/dr. visit. Everything is going well. I am healing well and this morning I had a scrambled egg with cheese and grits. It was really good! I think I am just sick of cottage cheese. Tonight I am having grilled chicken and broccoli casserole. Actually rotisserie chicken and steamed broccoli in the blender. It should be good, since I haven"t had meat in a week. I am released to drive and exercise although I am to wait two weeks before doing any ad work so that my port won't flip. I'm going back to work October 1. That way, I will have a short week. My STD letter said October 13, so my boss is relieved that I will be back sooner. I'm feeling pretty good today, better every day. I also had a hiatal hernia that she repaired that I did not know I had. I had suffered with acid reflux for several years and now I know why.

I am so happy I did this. I am looking forward to moving forward with this. Thanks to all Sept. 16 banders! I am so happy to be part of such a fine group.

236/233/223/155

high/day of surgery/current/goal

weight.png

Edited by K-Indy
spelling

K-Indy - I'm glad everything went good at the doc today.

I went back to work today. I have a desk job. It was so sweet the people I work with got me a card and a gift card to Fashion Bug because they said they knew I would need some new "threads" soon. The card said: "A change like this takes such courage. We are proud of you, proud to know you and proud to help you in any way we can." Wasn't that sweet?

d

That is super sweet.

Yes my sister is putting down the band> Because you don't loose as fast as the RNY. I put it on slowly, it should come off slowly. But I also get the added benefit of a wonderful team I have to go see rather often. For a while every two weeks. She had maybe 3 follow ups with her surgeon, then was changed to once a year for Vitamin level checks. That lasted I think 2 yrs, and then she quit going. Which I think was part of her gaining.

I went to bed sneezing last night. I'm full blown sick today, and in fact have a small fever, so I'll call my surgeon's office or pcp this morning.

Teri

Niecey,

You work with a nice group of people. My co-workers are taking bets that I won't come back to work. They have this idea that we are independently wealthy and that I work for hobby. I wish! We are blessed and I was able to stay home for 7 years, but I am quite accustomed to getting a check and I like it.

I have made up my mind that I am staying off the scale everyday except Tuesdays. My next doctor's visit is October 27, which is the day after I get back from my girl's weekend and I will probably get my first fill. So far, I am really happy about my weight loss. I am able to get in all my fluids but struggle with getting in the Calcium. I have to have 1000 to 1200 mg a day, which means 5 Citrical petites (that are not small). I got samples of BA Calcium tabs that are 400 mg each. I am going to buy some today.

236/233/222.5/155

high/day of surgery/current/goal

weight.png

They haven't said anything about Calcium yet. But I'm taking a Multivitamin. I get about all of my Protein from Protein shakes made with milk, and had a cheese and egg sloppy omelet for lunch today. Was good. dinner is mashed potatoes, tomatoes with stewed chicken. I'm measuring out my needed half a cup of chicken for my puree. Then I'm putting it all in the blender (with extra fluid) and gonna puree it. I'm looking forward to some real tasting food.

i woke up this morning with a fever. Not a high one, just 99.9 F but I gotta watch. I have had a cold now for a couple days, but it's getting worse, and to top it off my port is getting slightly sore. It hasn't been. So I'm watching for any other signs of infection.

Did you all get dermabond (glued)? Mine has pealed off, and I even lost one of the scabs.

Teri

Teri,

I hope you feel better soon. Keep an eye on that fever.

I am terrible at picking at the glue. LOL

Port pain is common a long ways out.

You kinda are always aware that it is there.

So far the highest it went is 100 even. I can't take tylenol (deathly allergic) and ibuprofen isn't really advised. So I'm just watching and waiting.

teri

I am debating on asking a question, but I know you check in often (like me ) Janine. I hope it's just because i feel like crap, but I'm having an aweful problem getting anything in. Even Water. I just feel so full.

teri

Hi guys, Teri, I really hope you feel better, if you cant get your fluids in, please call your doc. You may need an iv.

Ok, so what is this about only absorbing 30 grams of Protein at a time?! I have been putting 2 scoops of the Protein Powder in my shakes, so thats about 42 grams, and getting that down ok. So, if thats the case...I'm gonna scream if I have to drink more than one of those a day! lol I think I will google it and let you all know.

Went to my post op today, all is healing well, and I'm actually feeling alot better today, allowed to drive, but still on those dang liquids for another week...ugh! I got really hungry yesterday for some reason also, I guess all the swelling is going down.

Anyways, its good to hear everyone's stories, lets keep comparing notes. Which band do you guys have? I have the Lapband AP small (10cc's). I get my first fill on Oct 22, but she said only if I want it...

Ok, here's what I found when I googled it...

"When more than 30-35 grams of whey is used at one time, it is absorbed too quickly, and what the body cannot assimilate for tissue repair is oxidized for energy. If you don't work it off, it ends up around the old waistline. The latest research has found that more whey Protein is oxidized for energy than was first thought. Most people should limit their intake of whey at a single sitting to approx 30 grams. Again these numbers are quite arbitrary, and everyone will respond differently. Mixing whey with milk, adding Peanut Butter or flax will probably help some, though it won't help as much as some people might think. "

Someone on here mentioned those little Protein bullets, where do you get those??

Hey, thanks for looking that up. I had seen the comment on here somewhere about the absorption of the Protein. I ordered my bullets from: IDS Sports New-Whey Liquid Protein, 25 g Protein (2.9 oz. vial) Mine should be here tomorrow sometime according to FedEx. I have since found them a little cheaper...so you might do a little searching to find them cheaper. They are kind of expensive but at this point well worth it. I can't handle the Protein Shakes, other than Slim Fast. But I am thinking that I will have to use them in two servings. I wonder how far between servings we have to wait? Teri, hope you feel better and keep an eye on that incision :confused:

teri are you having a hard time getting the fluids in because your sick or because you feel too restricted? What ever you do don't get into Pbing, sliming, or vomiting.

It is truly amazing how swollen we are in the beginning and its a shock we don't have that hunger after years of never being full. You guys ride on its coat strings now because with each weak your going to get more hungry as the swelling goes down until your first fill.

Also this will be the fastest you will lose right now.

I have the MAN'S 14 cc lapband, doc took extra precautions so I won't slip again.

I have hardly any restriction compared to last time.

I only know that I have the "small one". Not sure about that. Will ask tomorrow. I just feel full all day today. I'm able to eat. I'm able to burp. I'm able to do most things. I just felt weird. Like I couldn't squeeze in another drop. My first fill is October 29th.

My one incision (where they put the port) is getting redder, and is actually starting to look angry. I think I'm glad I have an early appt. My fever stays right around the 100.1 f mark this afternoon. I'm watching it. Drinking has no affect on it. I thought I might be getting dehydrated too, so I drank a good amount of liquid right after I posted last, and it didn't change.

Well, it's nearly biggest looser time. I'm gonna watch that again this season, without wishing I was there :confused: I am not sure in my shape right now I'd stick it out, even for that kind of money. I'd probably tell them all off, and walk out. :wub: Just my style.

Went out for a 2 mile walk after dinner. Which was delicious. :tt1: The dr said to go ahead and have it. I thought I should probably do liquids. He said no. So I did have it. I'm glad I did. Felt good to take such a long walk. Wasn't fast, but it was with resistance, pushing stroller and pulling a wagon (My oldest pulls the wagon). We came home with about 3 dollars in cans. Brandon enjoys it.

Teri