Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

Ugh, accountability! I'm frustrated with my weight these days. I got down to 203 which was my 100-lb mark. But I'm back up at 205-206 and can't seem to get that to budge. I guess I need to get more serious about food logging, etc. I've been exercising, but I think I could do more.

As I said in another thread, the only scale I really believe is the one at the clinic - it is imperative that there's is calibrated correctly and maintained. So, I stood on the scale after a 3 month absence....and up it went. One pound. In three months I didn't lose an ounce, not a smidgen. I gained. It was a visual 'kick in the rear'.

So, back to basics....well, once I am past my day of fluids. Here's hoping that 1/4cc quells my evening snacking urges, because really and truly that is the only time I have indulged. I can't go from supper time until the next morning - that would be almost 12 hours, so I need to find something for the evening that will reduce the need to feed, and yet not start me binging again.

What I really need, is to figure out WHY I need to eat in the evenings, and deal with the real issue...but until then, I need to stop the 'little tastes' treats and bad habits.

So, back to basics....well, once I am past my day of fluids. Here's hoping that 1/4cc quells my evening snacking urges, because really and truly that is the only time I have indulged. I can't go from supper time until the next morning - that would be almost 12 hours, so I need to find something for the evening that will reduce the need to feed, and yet not start me binging again.

What I really need, is to figure out WHY I need to eat in the evenings, and deal with the real issue...but until then, I need to stop the 'little tastes' treats and bad habits.

Hi Tapshoes,

Let me know if you find anything that helps the evening/night time snack issues. That's my problem. I do fine all day long - but it's in the evening that I want to eat and snack. I can't go from supper time to the next morning either - 12 hours is too long. Currently I'm trying to save a "fruit serving" of strawberries (which is quite a bit, like 2 cups) for the evening, that helps some. I like snacking on those. Plus baby carrots. But I do get hungry for something else. Ugh!

Right there with you guys on the night time eating. I'm not even hungry. I can make it until morning but I just want something sweet or salty at night. I think it might even be a natural thing to store some food for the long phase until the next meal in the morning. Kinda bear-like aren't we?

Right now the biggest problem I've been having is lack of time. Due to that I'm not exercising as regularly as I should and I'm eating on the run. Bad nutritionally and I got a chicken nugget stuck the other night and was heaving for two hours before it passed. Seems to be okay now but I'm being very, very careful now.

Yes Ezma, I'm sorta bear-like...size and hibernation, and DH might say when I'm hungry too!! Unlike you though, I am hungry at night...I might just try the strawberry idea Rhapsody suggested.

Watch those eating habits, Ezma...heaving after you eat isn't good for you or the band...as you know. I know things are busy with you - back to work, hubby home, preparing to move into your new home, but remember take care of yourself first!

I must say that this latest fill seems to be doing the trick! I am eating so much less and am satisfied with it, and have to concentrate on chewing chewing chewing again. Of course, now I wish I had 'bitten the bullet' and gone for the fill in Nov....oh well, the past is past.

although I am still having a snack at night, it is a mere snack - last night I had maybe one handful of soy nuts, and that was slow to eat. I ended up having to have a Protein Shake because my total Protein and calorie count was too low and we all know that too low in calories just backfires on you. so today, I will make the effort to eat more. Imagaine, having to concentrate on eating more!!

Love my band!

Hi Ladies. Do you mind if I join your thread? I could use some accountability right now. I've read through all your posts and was encouraged to keep my eyes on the prize.

I was banded April 11, 2008. I wanted to be at my goal weight by my bandiversary. I've had much success and reevaluated my goal weight. It seems like since I added 10 pounds to my weight loss goal, my body threw the brakes on. I figure part of this is mental, as I start to doubt myself like I've done most of my life.

I don't want to fall back in to my life-long pattern of choosing easier goals so I can attain them. I'm going to keep 125 as my ultimate goal, and make my original goal of 135 my bandiversary goal. I have 6 - 7 pounds to go to reach 135. I've been fighting over one pound for about 2 weeks now. Back and forth with the scale, but I'm determined to win!

Tapshoes - thanks to your postings, I'm adding 3 extra activities to my weekly regimen. I walked twice this week for 35 minutes before work and plan to do my final walk on Friday.

Hi Cubs girl. Feel free to join in! You're right - keep your eyes on your goal....and not the refrigerator!!

Ezma - I hope you are fighting the food demon, and finding something to occupy you at night - packing perhaps?

Rhapsody - How are you doing? It seems the evening Snacks call out to many of us....and call and call and call.......

Shiny - How is your battle going?

Welcome Cub! Always glad to have more around here. We all help keep each other motivated.

I'm up a couple pounds this morning but I'm pretty sure it's Water. Either way I'm working today so I should do well and that should get rid of it.

Tap - I'm so glad that your last fill has been working well for you. We've all had that horrible plateau but you've battled it so hard. I'm glad to see you making progress.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm doing well today. I weigh each morning, but only count my Monday weight as an increase or decrease. After years of avoiding the scale, I can't believe I actually voluntarily hop on it each morning!

GNC is having a great sale of Muscle Milk, so I got stocked up. I ordered online so the Protein Shakes should arrive next week. I struggle to get all my Protein in each day, so this should help me get over my current hump. I find I'm much more likely to grab a shake out of the fridge then make one, even though the homemade ones taste so good.

Thanks for asking, Tap.

I'm doing okay. I'm sitting at 203. I really want to be at 199 or lower by the 8th of February which is my bandiversary, but I'm wondering if that's going to happen. I will be getting a fill on the 4th, maybe that will help get the last pound or two off. Life's so much more exciting when you can see that weight coming off regularly. It is frustrating to see the same number day after day, but I told dh that at least it's not going up and up.

Welcome to the thread, Cubs.

It is the last day of January - thank goodness! This winter has been brutal in terms of horrid frigid weather and lots of snow here...here's hoping that Feb is better! And what does that have to do with the topic? Well, it is far easier for me to get out and move and do things when I'm not housebound by ice-storms, and feeling an overwhelming urge to hibernate!!

My last fill does seem to be helping me, and my evening Snacks are certainly reduced in size! one package of endameme does this trick, or maybe 2 ff puddings - far different than before! I've had to have a smoothie on occasion at night to 'top up' my Protein, but I really am making the effort to eat solid Proteins instead.

Good luck on your run Shiny.

Ezma - hope that the extra pound was Water

CubsGirl - hope the extra exercise working for you;

Rhapsody - how are things going with you?

Olgi - The scale can be a reality check, can't it? All is not lost; get back on the program!!!

FYI - I posted a welcome message to the 2009 February bandsters....I invited them to 'pick our brains' so watch out for them. I feel sorta protective of them...

Me too. It's like they are a part of us. I have a friend at work that is scheduled for the 24th of Feb. I hope she joins the forum here too.

Hi everyone. I was banded on Feb 13, 2008. I started at 258 and am now stuck on 206-207. I actually got down to 204 for like 2 days. I am soooo determined to get below 200 by my 1 year anniversary but dont seem to have the will power to make it happen. I always start the day with great intentions and then some how lose it during the day. I have a farm and do multiple chores but these are not real "exercise" and I just never make the time to do real exercise. I fluctuate up and down lately. My last fill was in September and I am at 7cc in a 10cc band. I am scheduled for Feb 6 for another but I dont know if that is the problem or not as I still have restriction. I can eat as much as I want (too much) of some foods and then other things (fish, chicken, pasta) stop me after only a few bites. I PB probably 5-6 times a week. I do not feel like I have control of my eating at all. It is discouraging to feel so out of control. You guys help me to keep trying.... I will weigh in weekly. This morning- 207.2 ugh.

HI Elyssa

Do you know why you are PB'ing? Is it eating too much, or too quickly or not chewing enough? Or is it really the foods - I would not want anyone to eliminate some healthy foods from their diet, but if it is one thing specifically then can you avoid eating it for a few weeks to see if that helps? That seems like a lot of PB'ing. Figuring that out might help reduce the incidence.

You are right - exercise is as most of us have discovered an essential component of the process; is there any way to make some of your regular activities (and I am sure there are lots on the farm) more aerobic or longer in duration? Although there are bandsters who have found things they LOVE to do and do it 7 days a week etc, I am not one of them! :thumbup: I try though to make myself do something at least 4 times a week, and so far have missed only 1 or 2 weeks:blushing:. I'd love not to have to do anything (I believe I was a sloth in another life), I make myself do things and it has helped.

Keep up the efforts, and check in with us....