Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September exercise challenge?

Changing the subject just a bit - I saw you're in the midst of a farmhouse remodel...what year house? I live in an 1850's Greek Revival home and love it so much. The house was "condemned" when I found it - because it used to be rental property and the heating plant failed. It took me quite a while to find the owner, but my family and I eventually got the house for a SONG - then spent about 4 months doing essential renovations before school started. The work continues (redecorating, mostly) and my first efforts at decorating are now ready to be re-done :wink2:

morning ebony - it's actually not an "old" farmhouse at all. it was built in the 90's - but only lived in 1 yr when we purchased 2.5yrs ago. we bought this ranch, more for the property - because the house essentially was condemned.....my contractor says wear & tear is so much better than a house empty - not occupied.

it's one of those log cabin types with austin stone work - the exterior is completely fine - we've just gutted the inside from ceiling to floor. this has been going on since last nov. we took a break from july - sept; just to enjoy the summer - pool & such w/out workers here every day. they just started back up and was finnishing the guest bath upstairs & they busted the Water main - destroyed all of downstairs w/water & all the new wood floors / furniture / electronics - you name it. have no less than a dozen industrial fans going on right now drying the ceilings / floors, & get to deal with ins adjusters (ours * contractors today)....FUN FUN FUN:tongue2:

i had to start laughing or i'd cry - :crying:

onto working out....LOL

cancelled my training session - just don't have it in me, plus i need to be home - but did get a 2mile run in early this morning to clear the head.

have a good day all!!

Yesterday: 20 minutes - walked the dogs (exercise in itself just to put the leash on them)quote]

ok, i NEEDED a laugh this morning & this did it.

i can work up a huge sweat trying to get the leash on my golden & one of the labs, especially if they "think" we're going to the vet.

Gloucester,

I had to laugh - my dog is the same way! He's a bull mastiff mutt - mostly mastiff, but mixed with something else that keeps him short instead of really tall like mastiff can be. He's a solid 100 pounds, but he jumps around like a puppy when he sees the leash because he LOVES to walk! :crying:

Hanging on to him is a major workout for the arms - I can definately relate! He's my early morning walk buddy - and because of him, I NEVER miss a day...after all, he can't take days off from pooping, so I HAVE to take him out - no matter what the weather...

He even loves to play in the snow - crazy dog!:wink2:

I swore when I got my dogs I'd walk them....but lazy fat me won out and I've just been letting them run out in yard. Now they're so used to that, and I'm grumpy at me.

They HATE the leash for bathroom times. They do like to go on walks, but they pull so much. The boxer will actually walk in a straight line, but the big 'ole dumb (but sweet) lab walks side to side because she wants to "play". The leashes get tangled, they'll hit the back of my knees and I almost go down.

It's very funny watching it from a distance, I imagine.

:crying:

luluc-I'm more of an Iowa Hawkeye man myself, but as I hate the Cyclones, I can cheer for the Longhorns as well.:biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your Water problems. Maybe they just figured you wanted a bigger pool to swim in.:thumbup:

As for me, I did upper body strenth training this morning and a quick 10 minute/1.06 mile run. More cardio after work.

luluc - you've got your hands full!

A 2 mile run to clear your head - I just saw that from your earlier post. wow. You're my fitness inspiration!

Last night, back in for cardio. 35 min/3.63 mile run on treadmill. This morning, lower body workout followed by 25 minutes on elliptical. Back in tonight for another 45-65 minutes of cardio.

ugh, this Water damage just has me handcuffed to this house. i snuck out around 530 for an hr walk in the dark, only heard the roosters..LOL

ugh, this Water damage just has me handcuffed to this house. i snuck out around 530 for an hr walk in the dark, only heard the roosters..LOL

Better than nothing, but I'm sure not that satisfying for you. Keep your chin up, it'll get better.

You gonna be able to watch the 'Boys Sunday night? If not, that would truly be a tragedy.:thumbup:

Better than nothing, but I'm sure not that satisfying for you. Keep your chin up, it'll get better.

You gonna be able to watch the 'Boys Sunday night? If not, that would truly be a tragedy.:thumbup:

of course we are!!!

wouldn't you know that the ONLY room in our home NOT damaged ONE bit is my hubby's media room. so game on:thumbup:

of course we are!!!

wouldn't you know that the ONLY room in our home NOT damaged ONE bit is my hubby's media room. so game on:thumbup:

Atta girl! Got to have priorities.

3 hours of yard work (tough, little stuff - weeding, bending, pulling out rocks, etc.) and 20 minutes of run/walk on treadmill. DH said, "You're a better man than me." He took a shower while I was on the treadmill. It felt great! :thumbup:

Friday night was another 55 minutes of cardio.

Yesterday morning-35 minutes of cardio followed by 18 holes of golf.

Today-Upper body strength training followed by 20 min/2.1 mile run on treadmill.

hey - catching up

yesterday - 2mile run

today - 5.3mile run - 15min walk in the middle....sucked wind; but had my big lug of a lab w/me trying to get him to run some of his big butt off - like mom is doing...LOL

house is a mess still - got my kitchen "in temp" fix mode; so....things are going back to normal....GO COWBOYS!!!

Yes, yes...go Cowboys. :rolleyes2: (I'm officially a Texan, now...right? Been here over 2 years, and have gone through a hurricane. I can now back the 'Boys, right?...Just don't tell my Redskin-fanatic family.)

Okay, got up yesterday and DID NOT WANT TO DO A DAMN THING. But, did anyway! I ran/walked my mile and then some, then took the dogs to the dog park. No one else was there, so we got to run with them and be goofy as hell - and it was great.

DD wanted me to try to do a cartwheel and I was feeling good enough about myself that I *tried*. Basically, I put my hands on the ground and flopped my fat legs around a couple of times.

But, it was fun!