Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September exercise challenge?

today -

hr session w/trainer: new routine (he changes it every 4wks) no running outside !!! YEAH

full body circut weight training, bunches of ab work; working on that six pack...LOL:rolleyes:

I'm learning from some of my exercise videos that if you stand up and do knee lifts and a slight crunch of your belly with that it reallyyyyyy works your abs...that's how leslie sansone got hers. It burns too...feels good.

I plan on exercising in the next couple of hours...gotta get it in this afternoon then shower and get ready for my sleep study. :|

my trainer has me doing the most obscure ab exercises

* iso abs - on a matt, in a push up position but fore arms flat on the matt, toes on an exercise ball - hold for 20sec rep of 4

* crunches - same push up position - toes on the ball, pull your knees into your tummy. 10 reps 4x

* on the exercise ball , holding 10lb ball lift up reaching the sky - 20reps 4x.....so much more , it becomes a blurr - so i just type "ab routine"...LOL

good luck w/the sleep study!!

Hey y'all,

Thought I'd jump into the challenge as well. I'm not banded yet, but working on getting fitter and stronger so when I am scheduled, I'll be in great shape for surgery and the exercise habit will be firmly implanted in my skull...:rolleyes2:

Every morning (rain, shine, snow, etc) my family and I take the dog for a 1 mile walk. Most days I am either leading the 'pack' or right behind my hubby (who is 6'3" with longer legs than mine - I'm 5'10"). Since I'm a type II diabetic, occasionally I get a slight low blood sugar episode, but not often.

I walk at work - currently I'm doing 1.5 miles in about 30 minutes. That's the first half of my lunch hour, and then I eat something. I leave work at 5 pm, walk 1.1 miles to the train station (weather permitting) and my gym is in the train station at the other end. It's easy to get to, and I feel mighty guilty if I don't go since I'm so close.

My workout days are M, T, Th, Fr - and right now I'm working back up to 1 hour on the weights. I currently do between 30 - 45 minutes with a combination of machines and free weights. I love feeling stronger - though I was semi-depressed when I realized how much I had lost by not going for quite a while. I had an episode with a very irregular heartbeat and ended up having to be 'shocked' back into a normal rhythm. That scared me for a while, but I'm back on the Iron and loving it.

I have to work around my left shoulder a bit - too many years of carrying a heavy purse / tote bag - and my abs are terribly slack, but at least I'm working on it.

I'm working on being one of those folks that loses 100 lbs in the first year with the band - my eventual goal is to lose 120 lbs or so. We'll see how things look as I reach the century mark.

I love this section of the board - you are all such athletes, you inspire me!:thumbup:

welcome ebonyrose!!!!

having a jumpstart is huge, i was such a slacker up until the day of surgery - but started walking after i woke up & haven't let up.....we're here to cheer ya on!!!

So a few hours ago I did a 2 mile brisk walk with 2 lb weights for arm exercises. 45 minutes.

Went to the gym yesterday -

bike - 20 minutes

treadmill - 30 minutes

elliptical machine - this machine loves to kick my @ss!!:sad:

Today I just finished a 3 mile walk. I plan to get to the gym every other to start. I don't want to hurt myself and be down for a couple of weeks. Nice walks in between should help me get back to where I need to be.

:sad: I'm about to get on the treadmill for another week #2 c25k session.

I'm thinking if power is knocked out, I won't be on the treadmill for a while, and it'll be weights and sit ups for the next couple of days.

We're not evacuating, so I have no excuse not to exercise. (Darn it.)

Plus you can walk around the house and in place to keep your heartrate up to burn calories. It's pretty damn easy to get some simple exercises in. I hope the storm isn't too bad on you guys. Good luck.

Went to the gym today and totally over did it!! My DS warned me about putting my favorites on the Ipod but I didn't listen. YIKES....I ache!

Treadmill - 40 minutes

Bicycle - 30 minutes

Elliptical - 15 minutes - Dear Lord...what was I thinking!!!

Upper body workout - YIKES :w00t:

30 minutes - sister in laws hot tub!!:cool2:

My legs are like jello!! I loaded my Ipod with songs from my heyday...might not be the best thing to start with!! These are songs from my 20s and 30s...I am 46. DS got a good laugh anyway!! He told me to keep it up and catch up to the Ipod!!:lol: I think I will take him up on that challenge looking at LuLu and Ceradad!!:wink2:

Went to the gym today and totally over did it!! My DS warned me about putting my favorites on the Ipod but I didn't listen. YIKES....I ache!

Treadmill - 40 minutes

Bicycle - 30 minutes

Elliptical - 15 minutes - Dear Lord...what was I thinking!!!

Upper body workout - YIKES :cool2:

30 minutes - sister in laws hot tub!!:mellow:

My legs are like jello!! I loaded my Ipod with songs from my heyday...might not be the best thing to start with!! These are songs from my 20s and 30s...I am 46. DS got a good laugh anyway!! He told me to keep it up and catch up to the Ipod!!:wink_smile: I think I will take him up on that challenge looking at LuLu and Ceradad!!:thumbup:

good for you JODY!!!!, i get lost w/my ipod sometimes but a good soak in the hot tub....which i can't WAIT to do, however needs to cool down some here in TX , is so good on the bones.

be sure to take some down time & stretch good on "off" days....

today -

normally don't train w/my trainer on saturdays (tsd/thrs) but if he's free - i'm going to take him up.

1hr session - ALL core strength training: abs/arms/hams/butt

pretty sure i won't walk tomorrow - but i have a run scheduled in the am, pending no issues of the hurricane locally w/my BF who's running the 5k w/me in a few wks..

hope all is having a good wkend!!!

LuLu - thanks for the stretching advice. I will take you up on that big time. I tend to not do that and cause injuries. Today was a nice 2 mile walk and I actually bought a beginner Yoga DVD. I like it. It stretches me out and does calm my nerves. Remember, I have 2 teenage boys!!:wink_smile:

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

Checkin' in, ladies...

Friday was a normal day - 1 mile walk with DH, DD and DDog at 5:30 am :cursing:

Left work early because I had to drop DD off for a weekend retreat - walked 1 mile to train station (usual)

Went to gym before going home, did 45 min combo free weights and machines

Walked DDog in afternoon because DD is at her retreat - additional 1 mile

Saturday - walked DDog in am, again at lunchtime (longer walk - about 2 miles) and went dancing with DH after work.

Sunday - picnic with hubby's employer. Too rainy for most outside activites, but helped hubby load multiple coolers full of ice, many cases of soda, food, etc into the truck, unload at the picnic venue, then reload leftovers when picnic was over - WHEW!

Monday am - usual walk with family and DDog so far this morning...looking forward to a lunchtime walk and evening workout.:lol:

Update time:

Last Thursday: Upper body strength training and 15 minute run on treadmill in AM. PM, another 35 minutes on treadmill. Work was SWAT training all day.

Friday: Lower body and cardio in AM.

Saturday: 45 minutes on elliptical in early AM followed by 4 hrs of SWAT training again.

Sunday: off:thumbup:

Monday AM: Upper body strength training and 15 minute run on treadmill. PM will be about another 45 minutes on treadmill/elliptical.

Ebony, welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a great attitude going into your journey.:embaressed_smile:

luluc, can't wait to watch the 'Boys whip up on the Egals tonight (hopefully).