Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September exercise challenge?

Yes, yes...go Cowboys. :cry_smile: (I'm officially a Texan, now...right? Been here over 2 years, and have gone through a hurricane. I can now back the 'Boys, right?..!

i won't if you don't tell my family back in NY that i root for the boys as well - unless they play the giants:wink:

today -

20min treadmill - started to run , but the body had NO desire for it - so poped into a yoga class that just started.

20min elliptical after yoga

:smile: I did nothing yesterday.

Wait...not true. I walked around the campus at work during my lunch, so that was 30 minutes of *strolling*. I don't count it too much because I didn't even sweat.

I just wasn't in the mood. I went home and put on my workout clothes, but didn't do anything. I kept telling myself if I'm wearing the clothes, I'm one step closer to doing it. But, then I didn't. It's funny - today I'm feeling it! I'm groggy today and I know it's because I didn't exercise.

Mornin' Everyone,

Posted nearly a week ago, so here's my update:

End of last week - got in only ONE additional gym workout! We just had a fireplace insert delivered, so I was picking up 'stuff' for the hubby on my way home from work. Installation is going well, but it's tough when you only have so much time...:smile:

The weekend was busy as can be - Saturday was spent cleaning up the yard, working on cars, a major-league dump run to clean out the house (partially - still need to do another one) and packing up summer things. Still did the morning mile with the dog, spent the rest of the day hauling, lifting, bending (my thighs screamed mercy) and just plain moving.:confused:

Sunday (supposed to be a day of rest) - church service in the morning, then drove to New Jersey for a pilot's association meeting. Traffic being what it was, we didn't get home until late - after 9 pm. :wink2:

Yesterday, I got in an extra walk because the shuttle bus from the train station to my building didn't come, so I walked to my building. I was late for work, but the walk felt great! :unsure: Did two additional walks (lunchtime and the evening walk to the station) but missed my gym workout because I left my bag at home :wink_smile:

Today I made SURE I have my gym bag, so I'm back under the Iron tonight...

Checkin' in...

Finally got my butt back to the gym yesterday - Routine 1 is my primarily upper body day. Went up in weight and sets for bench press, couple of others, then back to normal sets for the rest. Boy was I tired when I was done! Got all my walks in (dog, lunch, after work), so it was a good day. :girl_hug:

Today is my normal day off from the gym, but me being the overachieving gal that I am, mapped out a new walking route and did 2 miles at lunchtime. Normally I walk 1.5 miles, but somehow that extra half-mile made a difference - I feel it in my butt and my thighs more today.:wub:

No gym work tonight, but will walk to the train station, and start all over again tomorrow!:thumbup:

hey ebony - wed is typically my day off too!! but no matter what i manage a little something in....took my 2 of my labs for a walk (45min)....it was SLOW going as every mail box had to get a special "gift"" (male dogs of course)...LOL

Guest Leslie2Lose

Late in the game to start, but at least I'm starting...need some exercise accountability. I'm still going to train to run, but that's only 3x a week for me and I like to do other stuff too. I have a 6:00 a.m. appointment with the track at the Y and my feet are aching to pound the pavement...then the rower...oohhh I like the rower! My arms could use some help too :-)

Luluc - what is it with the boy dogs?!?!?!?!? Mine is the same way - would love to 'water' every bush, plant, street sign, etc, etc, etc as we go by. My 1 mile walk with him in the morning takes the same amount of time as it takes for me to walk 1.5 miles at work!!! :wub:

Leslie - better late than never! Welcome to da crew...I can't run just yet - my weight and a tender knee keep me from doing that, plus the "girls" are so big they would knock me out if I tried it :thumbup:

I find Wednesday to be a great "day off" because it give me some rest in the middle of my 4-day-a-week gym habit. I try to schedule teacher's conferences, etc on Wednesdays for that reason now. I really missed the gym when I wasn't going regularly, and now that I'm back into it, I CRAVE it when I can't go!:girl_hug:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ebony I was going to send you a PM, but I was blocked! :thumbup: - LOL

I was going to say - you are where I was at my starting weight - cool. You go girl! My "girls" used to be a big problem too, they've shrunk much to DH's dismay and my glee. I couldn't run for a while either - I started in July and really enjoy it.

When I was going regularly I missed it too. I've been in a slump for the past month - but I'm digging myself out. Thanks for the welcome. :girl_hug:

Late in the game to start, but at least I'm starting...need some exercise accountability. I'm still going to train to run, but that's only 3x a week for me and I like to do other stuff too. I have a 6:00 a.m. appointment with the track at the Y and my feet are aching to pound the pavement...then the rower...oohhh I like the rower! My arms could use some help too :-)

leslie - jump IN!!

i love the exercise challenges - cause ceradad is a bad A$$...LOL. also cause i DON'T love running. i do it & will continue to run wkly - but it is not my passion.

i like to mix the cardio up - and i have been focusing a bunch on running & i just don't want to some days....(lately) i know i can run the 5k, have done it - but i've yet to get the "high". it's all forced - nothing loving about it:tongue:.

my trainer has me doing circles most sessions - and i love the mix up of exercise or competitve sports .... running makes this ADD person get crazed sometimes....LOL

ebony - my male dogs (and i just fixed them!!!) haven't met a tree/bush/mailbox or car tire that didn't need a sprinkle:redface:

Leslie - what? I'm not sure why that happened, unless somehow I don't have a setting correct in the system...will definately have to check that out! I'm mostly on at work (shhhh) and occasionally log on at home...maybe that is why? :crying:

Nice to know we have something ELSE in common - I would LOVE to be at the number you're at right now...I think we also have a similar goal weight. How tall are you? My DH thinks I may be trying to go too low, since I'm nearly 6 feet tall...we'll see!

Lulu - I'm ROFLMBO about the dogs - my DD and I walked him this morning and had to keep encouraging him forward so he wouldn't hit every car we passed! They bring so much fun and laughter into our lives...what would we ever do without them?

Back to the gym tonight after work...will report tomorrow!:D

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ebony - I'm 5'6, although I lied for years (either that or I shrunk) and said 5'7. I won't tell if you don't about work (shhhh, me too). Time will fly by and you'll be here (current weight) before you know it.

Luluc - I can say I don't love to run when I'm doing it either. I do get that 'high' though when I'm done...that and a sense of accomplishment. I really enjoy the aerobics class I've started and love swimming too. Although I must say the aerobics teacher could get a second job torturing terrorists at Gitmo if she wanted...she makes me hurt - but it is a good hurt. I know I've done something when I'm done.

cause ceradad is a bad A$$...LOL.

Thank you, Thank you. I know I am, but it's nice to hear ladies say so also....:D

I missed Tuesday completely due to DW being out of town, traffic being bad due to weather, having to pick up DD from in laws and home for online class.:crying: Oh well, made up for it on Wed.

Wednesday, 90 minutes of cardio. No lifting.

This morning, 1 hr of strength training for upper body. Last week of strength training. I'll take next week off from lifting altogether and then go back to my circuit training. Followed the lifting with 20 min/2.06 mile run on treadmill. Back tonight for about 35-45 minutes of cardio again.

Lulu - I'm ROFLMBO about the dogs - my DD and I walked him this morning and had to keep encouraging him forward so he wouldn't hit every car we passed! They bring so much fun and laughter into our lives...what would we ever do without them?!

i love my dogs, all 7 of them with a lab litter on the way. hubby and i can't have kids - so we have fur babies. :crying: we even built a kennel on the property , heating / air condit & a flat screen w/scooby doo on all day..LOL i have 2 old tiny ones (poodle/chi) that stay in the farm house w/me all the time, the other 5 roam about the ranch / pool & ponds - Sometimes they come in house ... sometimes they're out in the kennel - depends on how muddy they are. i want to come back as one of my dogs in the afterlife...LOL:rolleyes:

today -

10min bike warm up

60min trainer session - all lower body: squats/lunges/hamstring/butt busters/abs/ladder drills

30min treadmill - 10min running...UGH,

leslie, i think that aerobics instructor has a brother (my trainer) ... his an ex marine:scared2:

Guest Leslie2Lose

i love my dogs, all 7 of them with a lab litter on the way. hubby and i can't have kids - so we have fur babies. :crying: we even built a kennel on the property , heating / air condit & a flat screen w/scooby doo on all day..LOL i have 2 old tiny ones (poodle/chi) that stay in the farm house w/me all the time, the other 5 roam about the ranch / pool & ponds - Sometimes they come in house ... sometimes they're out in the kennel - depends on how muddy they are. i want to come back as one of my dogs in the afterlife...LOL:rolleyes:

Can I be one of your dogs? I promise to be loyal, protective, I won't tear anything up and I take myself to the bathroom. Sweet! LOL