Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September exercise challenge?

I'll PM you...I don't want to ruin it, but I'd like feed back. DH was just rolling his eyes at my dismay over last night.

ok glouc - i watched, love the organge/red team

what is your thoughts on ali???? i had a thought before i watched and want to hear to take

Well, it just seemed obvious that the dad was going home. When the scales came and the daughter had lost 10 and he had gained 2, my first thought was that they rigged the scales specifically so he'd go home. (Which, I'm glad he left since his health was a hardship.)

But, I just wonder how much is sensationalism. Last year, with Ali, the online sites were bombarded with bloggers saying how unfair it was that a woman hadn't won. And, then, a woman won. Granted, Ali kicked butt and deserved it, but did she really lose more % than the guys?

It just makes me wonder, especially after the other night's weigh in.

Oh, and the brown team were almost going and they were smiling and laughing when the yellow team didn't win. That annoyed me very much. They have no tact.

you little conspiracy theorist you!!!! but ya, now that you said it the dad really was not healthy enough to participate - but i just loved how sweet that father/daughter relationship is. i like that colleen - she's a fighter..

ali - before i watched last night, i was thinking "what if ali when she was voted off and went home to train actually got the lapband????"

wondering if you thought that too....LOL, and i called you a conspiracy theorist.

brown team - you can just tell their not good people.

LOL! I've wondered that. I wondered that, too, about the dad. He lost a lot of weight on his own - how? After he left, I told DH that he's a good candidate for WLS. (Maybe not age...?)

But, he looks great! and I love the daughter, too. I love how she looked at him at her b-day and said, "I know what you're thinking..you don't have to say it." I love that!

Okay, I'm a sap...I'm tearing up thinking about it. eGads, I'm an emotional wuss.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brown team makes me mad...the wife "oh I don't care if he goes home, it was my idea to come here anyway...what a bit**...I don't like them either.

I do like the red team (husband/wife) - they seem like good people to me.

I know I posted this on the C25K, but all the teams made me mad this week. They were just lazy. The mother on the purple (?) team just threw the rope into water...she is there to lose weight. She needs to be working out not just sitting on her rump. Don't get me started on walking in circles for all the exercise they did at the freakin' Grand Canyon. I expected to see hikes and more effort. They admited that didn't even try. They didn't know what to do...I can't believe they couldn't come up with one thing. I would have had DH out there running with me, hiking - you are there to lose weight - the vacation can come when you win the mulah.

I was mad, too, at that. They were at the Grand Canyon!!! Even at my fattest, and with no desire to lose weight, I'd have hiked. I love nature, and love being outdoors.

Even my 11 year old daughter, who grew up camping with us, was mad. She was said, "They didn't have to put the tents up, they got to sleep on cots, they had lanterns!!! They had it made, and they're complaining!!!" I would have been syked to have been there.

I do think that this season has a more lazy group than previous seasons. Or maybe it's just too early to tell? I dunno...

i'm not sure i can get caught up on that thread - LOL , but your right - they didn't take advantage of their surroundings at all. they had mats/balls/bands and i dunno A HUGE FRIGGIN CANYON TO HIKE IN???

i might have taken A day off to fart around, but i would feel too guilty (my jewish/catholic upbriging - keeps guilt ever present:smile:) and be scared what my trainer would do to me!!!

the one thing about the biggest loser is that DH and i HAVE to tivo it - can't watch it live. they do TOO many recaps in the same damn program it's annoying - love the FF feature:tongue:

I agree! DH and I have discussed at length the waste of time it is. 2 hours is not needed, since they spend 1/2 the time recapping. We have the TiVo like function, DVR, through our cable company and I love it. I like the pause function when watching live tv and someone calls or comes over...or if we leave the house and something good is on, I'll hit record.

I recorded 16 candles last week and haven't been able to watch it yet. I'm not all that into tv, even though that's all I talk about.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay - I want one now (Tivo/DVR)...although the commercials and recaps allow me to get up off my rump. LOL. I can't seem to come off the money and the last thing I want is one more remote - anyone else have an extensive remote collection? The "universal" doesn't work like it should.

- anyone else have an extensive remote collection?.

YES - i'm known for texting DH when he's out of town, like yesterday (he's in london) asking him "HOW" do i turn X on or off or volume..:cool2:

he's an engineer and has made diagrams for me w/pictures of how to work all the equipment - and we have WAY too much media equipment...i still get lost or just hide in the bedroom where the TV is easy to operate..LOL

Okay, now I can post this...

I'm so proud of the Dad from the Yellow team - and I said the exact same thing to my DH after the show - "He's a candidate for the lap band". It was so sweet when they brought the doctor from BL to his hometown to say how proud of him he was.

My question - where's his wife? We don't hear about her, see her - is he divorced?

I agree about the lack of movement from the contestants at the Grand Canyon - they would NOT have seen ME sit around for several days - give me a camera, a big bag of film and let me loose! I'd have hiked all around that place and taken a butt-ton of pictures...what a missed opportunity!

I loved Ali from last season - I hope there wasn't any 'rigging' of the contest just so she'd win...I would HATE to think I kicked butt like she did and they rigged it so I would win. It would definately cheapen the win for me - I'd feel like such a fraud!

Just kick the Brown (sh*t-face) team off - I HATE :cool2: their attitudes...they are so not nice! The fact that she was willing to send her hubby home so she could keep her selfish butt on the show...I'd hate to be married to either one of them!;)

Lulu - I agree with you on the purple team - WTF??? Just throw the rope in the Water? What a doofus...

I like the Orange team - Heba is a fighter, and she has a great attitude...she made me cry talking about her dad. Makes me miss my Dad - though he passed away when I was 9 - we were very close. :laugh:

Guest Leslie2Lose

LOL - I usually watch the TV in the bedroom too...one remote!

DH used to be a computer Tech. He's really into IT...We have more wires in the walls of our house for "cool stuff" than we do electricity. My dad comes to visit - he is just lost. We have to turn everything off and just give him the TV remote - which bless his heart, he still has trouble with. He usually gets up and changes it manually. Two years ago he finally got rid of his console TV. Kinda made me sad - I loved that old console (lots of memories).