Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

Yeah, I wonder about this PBing (productive burping)...It's not really that is it? More like a Vurp (vomit burp) right? Sorry to be gross.

niecey

It is more like a vomit burp, or at least the one time I did it, that is what it felt like. (weak stomachs stop reading now) It sat in my throat for a few minutes. Then I got that "I am going to throw up" feeling. That bit of food that sat in my throat came up, but there was none of the acid like regular vomit. It didn't keep going like if you were really sick. I didn't feel bad after it was over like when you get sick. It was just gross.

hey guys...had a problem with computer and have been off a while...everyone is doing soooo great....i know i am behind you guys...had my staples out wednesday, 29th...the only thing that is sore on me is the port...its located upper right side b/n sternum and bottom of ribcage. i have not lost the 1st pound since surgery...actually gained 1...i am only going to go by the doc's scales...he said i was doing fine that since i lost 27 pounds on liquid diet(done twice=20days of liquids) that i probably would not lose any more for a while...and that is ok with me...

i can eat pretty much what i want...b/n cup and 2 cups depending on whether its Soup or something with more consistency...i do get a feeling of ok that's enough, not i am full, but enough...and if i eat one more bite, i get a pain in my chest...just uncomfortable fullness.

my 1st fill is november 26th...day before thanksgiving..that kinda sux, but oh well...he only does fills about every 6 weeks...

i am a little nervous that i can eat as much as i can, but glad that i can't eat more than i can if that makes any sense???

husband being supportive.

i am going back to work monday night. he has me on a 20 pound weight restriction for 2 more weeks...i begged him not to put that on my work release, because they would not let me back to work with it...so i asked evryone at work if they minded helping me do lifting for a couple of weeks and they were really cool about it...but i think what if a patient starts falling, i have to catch them...so i just have to make sure they don't start to fall, i guess...

i feel like crap that i am eating more than they say we can, but i am really trying and have virtually no restriction, so i am proud of me...

i looked on the chart at doc's office...i started with BMI of 45=severely morbidly obese...as of wednesday, i am BMI 39, obese classII....never thought i would be glad to see i was just obese:thumbup:

My doctor said the same thing about the weight loss. Also, they didn't really try to restrict the amount of food that I was eating at the beginning. They said to eat until I am full. The restrictive part won't come until you get your fills. Even now after a fill, I can still eat more than I think I should, but way less than prior to surgery. I think you are doing great. You have left morbidly obese behind forever! Be proud of that, and don't worry about eating more than you think you should. Just work to make good choices and you will be ok.:)

Hi All-

Thanks for your input! I will hang in there!:rolleyes2:

After my first fill, I had some restriction, it went away.

Is that normal??

Tina

Yes that is very normal. By the time I had my first fill I don't think I felt like I had any restriction at all. I was almost to that point after the first fill, the 2nd fill seems to have definitely put the restriction there. Now I am back to losing the weight.

Niecey

Hi everyone, just checking in to say I have lost more weight this week and today I am off to the doctors. If he want to give me a fill I will be persuading him against it as I am still losing and never hungry. Why make life difficult? If it aint broken, why fix it? Anyway catch up again next week.

I feel left out... ya'll have had fills. I finally get my first tuesday. I'm really getting quite nervous. I'm silly I know.

If you're still loosing and you feel restriction, then I agree with you Bluez.

teri

I feel left out... ya'll have had fills. I finally get my first tuesday. I'm really getting quite nervous. I'm silly I know.

If you're still loosing and you feel restriction, then I agree with you Bluez.

teri

Don't be nervous. I got mine today & it was so painless for me! :D They even had some fool trainee fishing around trying to find my port & I was still ok. I had to get an UNfill to because the Water went down hard for me. You'll do Great Teri! Good luck!!! :biggrin:

Well I'm home from my fill. God I didn't even know he'd stuck it until he told me to look down, and see that he'd drawn out the Fluid I already had. (I Did not know I had any). I currently have 4 ccs in a 10 cc band. WHoo hooo. I could feel a difference, but don't know if it will last or not.

I go back for a second fill November 25. I'm on liquids today, mushies tomorrow, and on thursday back to regular food.

I also have my 3rd fill set with my actual surgeon on the 3rd of December... if I need it (he added).

teri

I feel so much better today. I can even feel Water going down slower. That's good. I can't believe I scheduled my next fill for 2 days before thanksgiving. My mom is in a total panic. LOL.

teri

Well I'm home from my fill. God I didn't even know he'd stuck it until he told me to look down, and see that he'd drawn out the Fluid I already had. (I Did not know I had any). I currently have 4 ccs in a 10 cc band. WHoo hooo. I could feel a difference, but don't know if it will last or not.

I go back for a second fill November 25. I'm on liquids today, mushies tomorrow, and on thursday back to regular food.

I also have my 3rd fill set with my actual surgeon on the 3rd of December... if I need it (he added).

teri

Teri, I am so glad you fill went well. You deserve a break - or how about - you deserve some restriction...... Take care Debbie

I'm a little late finding you guys but glad I did.

I was banded 9-29-08 but had post op complications. Have a history of clots and they ended up in my lungs. Everything is fine now. Never had my 2 week check since I was in the hospital (not the one where I did the lap band). Have no idea how much I have lost but clothes are looser and will get weighed on Tues.

Started working out in the pool this week and did Water arobics for the first time today.

Have been on liquids since the surgery and get to have soft food tomorrow. Have only been hungry once or twice in the morning.

I am greatful for the info on the fills. It's the only thing I have been nervous about.

I'm a little late finding you guys but glad I did.

I was banded 9-29-08 but had post op complications. Have a history of clots and they ended up in my lungs. Everything is fine now. Never had my 2 week check since I was in the hospital (not the one where I did the lap band). Have no idea how much I have lost but clothes are looser and will get weighed on Tues.

Started working out in the pool this week and did Water arobics for the first time today.

Have been on liquids since the surgery and get to have soft food tomorrow. Have only been hungry once or twice in the morning.

I am greatful for the info on the fills. It's the only thing I have been nervous about.

I am sorry that you had such bad problems at the beginning, but I so glad that you are doing better now. I am also glad that you found us!:thumbup: Keep us posted on your progress. There are several of us that log on here on a regular basis. Take care!:smile2:

welcome to the group.

Teri

Hi. I haven't been on here for awhile. Feeling frustrated and kind of like a failure. My surgery was 9/29. Went for my 1st fill 10/28 and didn't get it cuz my lg incision was infected and got antibiotics instead. Took that (GROSS!) and went back for a fill 11/06 which I did get (YAY) 3.5 cc. Tried some Soup, then scrambled eggs. Then 1/2 a grilled panini. I'm down 13 lbs at the drs office, they use a different scale each time, according to my scale, i'm down 15, so either way, that's 13-15 gone. Wish it was more. I'm having a huge mental block to exercising. Worse than any other times I've tried losing weight. Don't know if I'm afraid of success or what. I know if i'd start just walking it would help. I'm not sure really what to eat. I get compliments at work often even thought I feel like I'm not losing. Haven't been on here for awhile cuz I've just been discouraged with the whole thing. Guess maybe I should have been on here more, that might have helped. It was nice to read from you all. Thanks for "listening". Ambra

Well I haven't lost too much more weight but I need to take measurements because I definitely know my tight pants 2 weeks ago are now baggy. Yayyy!! Also I don't think I will ever be able to eat a sandwich or any type of bread again. I almost thought of going back to the doc to take some out but I've just been deciding that I just need to take it really slow and there are a lot of things I cannot have. The hardest part is when I am having difficulties with getting the Protein down and not saying screw it and pop some chocolate in my mouth. Also it is hard eating lunch at work. I'm talking on the phone and then I forget to slow down. The people I work with know when I'm having a hard time and if they didn't know about the lapband before they would by now. I just have to think ahead about what I'm going to eat. I have to eat slow and of course chew, chew, chew. I cannot really eat a meal until noon but that is ok. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Niecey

Edited by Niecey

I have trouble with eating before noon as well Neicey..

I do get a Protein Shake in each morning, because otherwise I'm not at my goal for Protein each day. But that's ok. I'm drinking tons, and still stuck. I'm getting frustrated. Course I've bumped up my exercise routine, so maybe I'm building muscle, because I'm loosing or shifting things around :blink: I'm loosing top down inches wise now. My chest i've lost an entire bra size... went from a 38 d to a 36 c. My next part of my stomach is nearly flat. No more roll there, so much so that my port is very easily detected. So much so, if you look at me from the wrong angle you can see the lump where my port is.

That's kinda freaking me out a bit. The dr that does my fills, said that sooner or later they'll have to put a low profile port in. Because that will continue to become a problem.

I had my first fill this week, I have a total of 4 ccs in my 10 cc band. I go for another cc November 25th... 2 days before thanksgiving. Thankfully My dr's only make you be on liquids that day, mushies the next day. And then the third day (which would be thanksgiving) I can eat real food. I'm a bit nervous, something might end up stuck, but I'll deal.

Teri