Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brina - I think it may be a combination of possibly diet (hopefully Dr. B. can help you) and or stress. Knowing you've been stressed at work and probably running yourself ragged, you may need to take a couple of days off to rest.

I've been getting more cramps lately. I think it is working out and not getting enough potassium. I need to up that.

Sure it can. I think the general dizziness could be a lot of things. Good idea to see your dr for that. Leg & muscle cramps may be that you just need a few more minerals like potassium, magnesium & Calcium. You most likely will need to add a supplement since you probably won't be eating enough to get it. I had a little skin out break on my legs and needed to add C and more multi vits. Good luck to you.

I am trying to drink enough, but my personal whatever it is from the dietician says I am supposed to drink 3.5 liters a day. WHO drinks THAT MUCH??? !

That's only 7 small bottles of Water a day. It's easy to drink that much so long as you always have a bottle at hand and sip from it. Yes, you do use the bathroom more, but that is good because then you are flushing toxins and hopefully fat cells out of your body. It sounds like a lot, but honestly, if you just make sure you have that bottle by your side and sip all day you won't have any problems getting in 3.5 liters. BTW, I use the same bottle and just refill it. I don't want to overfill our landfills.

Good for you, I should be drinking that much Water too but I always weigh more when I make the effort to drink more Water :/ My job also requires me to be in my seat a lot. I'll have to give it a try. Water is supposed to help you lose weight too huh

Didn't your dietician give you this super duper personalized nutritional guideline for your height/weight?

OMG...I get to do 75g of Protein and 3.5 liters of liquid...preferably water and NO coffee...right....

So far I have made it to about 30g of Protein and 60 ounces of liquid not counting the coffee....Okay I did managed a 3 hour nap in there somewhere which is not condusive to liquid intake...also I know I didn't drink enough when I could actually sleep 3 hours without having to get up to pee...Do you ever wonder if your doctor/dietician actually looks at these boards and puts checks by your name....I would be on the bad girl list...oops!

Hello everyone:

My bloodwork results informed me that i am anemic and I have low Vitamin B12. I already knew that I was anemic, but I knew that something else had to be going on. I am wondering if I have always had low B12 (b/c that can cause anemia) or if this is something new due to my new eating habits after being banded.

My electrolytes are probably outta whack too becaseu the blood sample was not a fasted blood sample. When I got dizzy all the stuff was ordered STAT, so i had nto been fasted.

I am now taking sublingual B12 tablets daily and I am to start taking B12 injections as well. I am also on Iron tablets. I also take an adult Multivitamin (flinstone gummies don't count. I am jsut goign to have to suck it up and take a "real" Vitamin. Ick. Vitamins all taste like cherry, grape, orange, etc flavored chalk to me.) I am goign to give this treatment plan time to work and see if it releives my symptoms (dizziness and very bad muscle cramps in my inner right thigh).

I also had 0.5 cc removed from my band so that I can get my nutritional needs met. I still have great restriction, but right now I need to get my body back in balance.

thanks to all those who took the time to answer this post.

Congrats on your successes so far.

I was also banded in Feb 08 and have experienced the same thing for a few weeks and my PCP thinks it is related to low blood pressure. Mine seems to pass after a few seconds after standing. Just make sure you are taking in enough of what you need to so you don't pass out. There is a gal on the Feb 08 forum that did that yesterday.

Good for you, I should be drinking that much Water too but I always weigh more when I make the effort to drink more Water :/ My job also requires me to be in my seat a lot. I'll have to give it a try. Water is supposed to help you lose weight too huh

They keep pushing the water thing. I am not sure that 3.5 liters a day is normal...I am lucky if I get in 66 ounces...I know when I haven't drank enough when I get a several hour nap in and didn't have to get up to pee!~:shades_smile:

Take care,

Chris

I am almost two months post-op and come to think of it, I haven't been dizzy at all. Prior to the surgery I used to have dizzy spells all the time? Strange? Perhaps we attribute everything not completely right with our bodies to band. I know I am guilty of that a little bit myself...