Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My approval letter from BCBS was almost 6 weeks after being submitted! RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

The good news............I do have a surgery date - May 29!!! :smile2::redface:

The bad news.......im now on the 2 week liquid diet and it is what I assume hell would be like. :crying: Im on day 4 now and according to my scales I've lost 4lbs! Yay!!!!

My approval letter from BCBS was almost 6 weeks after being submitted! RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

The good news............I do have a surgery date - May 29!!! :smile2::redface:

The bad news.......im now on the 2 week liquid diet and it is what I assume hell would be like. :crying: Im on day 4 now and according to my scales I've lost 4lbs! Yay!!!!

6 weeks ok till you got the letter. I guess they are behind and waiting till they get into the new building.

The 2 week liquid diet sound worse than when I had to give up my caffine. I know for the first 3 days I did that I kept to myself in a corner at work and if someone came near me I growled at them.

I was told when it was submitted BCBS takes 3-4 wks to make a decision. But then they sent a letter for me to sign around the 3rd week. A week later I called BCBS as to the status and they said they had 2 weeks to make a decision after the "new information" they received. So I asked if by new information they meant the letter I signed stating I know all the risks...and they said yes. (Ridiculous) It was still 2 more weeks before I got the letter. They gave Jeannie a verbal approval before I got the letter though...thankfully! BCBS was so irritating. You know they had to have made their decision by the time they sent me a letter stating I knew all the risks... So frustrating....but...thats in the past now...thankfully!!! I just feel sorry for anyone else who is at that point..I know how anxious you are and how frustrating it is.

As for the diet...it is awful...I wont lie to you. However, the 4oz of chicken and 1 cup of veggies at the end of the day..is the best food you've ever tasted!!! lol People keep telling me it will get better after the 4th day......im on day 5 now...the only thing that keeps me ticking along....is the countdown...9 more days!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!! It will be worth it...but this is hard.

Good Luck!! I hope you hear from your insurance soon!

It seems like most who do the liquid diet your on loose a good amount and get a head start, try and concentrate on that. I know I thought I'd starve the 2nd week after surgery when my Dr had to reschedule and I was still doing broth :redface: but I was amazed at the weight I lost:thumbup:

How long have you been waiting now????

As for the diet...it is awful...I wont lie to you. However, the 4oz of chicken and 1 cup of veggies at the end of the day..is the best food you've ever tasted!!! lol People keep telling me it will get better after the 4th day......im on day 5 now...the only thing that keeps me ticking along....is the countdown...9 more days!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!! It will be worth it...but this is hard.

Congrats on the approval!!! :unsure: You're right, the 2 week pre-op diet sucks! By the 2nd week my energy level was so low. But, it's only 2 weeks and you'll lose roughly 15 lbs! WOO HOO, you're almost there!!!

On another note...Jeannie's pretty sure I have a leak. I'm not holding all of my fill in and I'm losing most of my restriction within a few days after my fills. This has been going on for 6 months! I'm pretty frustrated. I only lost 3 lbs last month, but I guess that's better than a gain. Kaplan is out until the 29th, so Jeannie hasn't spoken with him yet, but we're pretty sure it looks like a port replacement for me. :laugh: Not sure if it's leaking from the port or if there is a puncture in the tubing. At any rate, I'm just glad to know the loss of restriction is not in my head! I'm going crazy here and I'm a starving woman because of the loss in restriction. Not a good combo! :) I just can't wait to get the problem fixed and get the rest of this weight off! I've got about another 60 lbs left to go. Maybe by this time next year....

I got my insurance letter last night saying that I was approved. I am going to call the clinic this morning and let them know.

[quote name=kdlee;1229738

On another note...Jeannie's pretty sure I have a leak. I'm not holding all of my fill in and I'm losing most of my restriction within a few days after my fills. This has been going on for 6 months! I'm pretty frustrated. I only lost 3 lbs last month' date=' but I guess that's better than a gain. Kaplan is out until the 29th, so Jeannie hasn't spoken with him yet, but we're pretty sure it looks like a port replacement for me. :unsure: Not sure if it's leaking from the port or if there is a puncture in the tubing. At any rate, I'm just glad to know the loss of restriction is not in my head! I'm going crazy here and I'm a starving woman because of the loss in restriction. Not a good combo! :laugh: I just can't wait to get the problem fixed and get the rest of this weight off! I've got about another 60 lbs left to go. Maybe by this time next year....[/quote]

That so totally sucks although I'm glad you don't feel crazy anymore. do you have any idea what causes things like that to happen? I have this freaky fear that my port will get messed up since it seems right under the skin I've been tryinf to break myself from holding things against my stomach when I open them and things like that but I'm also leary of crunches which is probably stupid, but where he didn't want me to do them for the longest time I think thats where my thought process came in and took over. Please let me know what he says when you see him

Kyla, Ive been wondering about you, havent heard from you in a long time. Hopefully it is just the port leaking, that will just be a minor surgery if it is. Are you going to support group Thursday? When I talked to her Thursday, she wasnt sure if there will be enough people there to have it.

Whit, YEAAAA, now everything will go sooo fast. Thing is when you call the office today, they will probably say that they cant do anything until they get the paper work. For some reason we get the paper work before they do. Good luck with everything. Keep us posted.

I faxed the paperwork I received to Brenda this morning.

I saw in an earlier post that Kaplan is out of the office for a while so it will be some time beofre my visit to his office.

Saundra - I'll keep you guys posted.

Elizabeth - I have been super busy at work and home. I haven't been on here as much. We are remodeling our house top to bottom and are doing all the work ourselves, so that takes up alot of my internet playtime! We just finished the kitchen a couple of weeks ago and are now on to the living room. Things are going well otherwise. My husband is doing great and has lost almost 100 lbs (98 to be exact, but I'll give him the 2 extra!) We are doing a lot more activities now. We went on a 7 mile hike last weekend at Old Man's Cave and had a blast! My legs are still a little sore! I didn't know there was a meeting this Thursday. What time is it? Not sure if I'll be there or not. How are things going with you?

Wow, sounds like you are staying busy. Things are doing good here. I have now lost 64 pounds. Not as much as I should be down, but it is slowly coming off. I have started going to Line Dance with karalena, thats fun and you wouldnt believe the workout you get from it. School has kept me VERY busy this quarter so I dont have too much time for much more then study time. 3 more weeks of this quarter and then a small break. Hopefully summer quarter wont be as hecktic.

As for the meetings, Jeannie announced at the last meeting due to the size and stuff we are going to have to break up into 2 meetings so we decided to keep the 4th Monday of the month and then the Thursday that follows that monday. AS for this month, due to a holiday, the meetings were pushed up to this week. Thursday she told me she didnt know if there would be enough people to have the meeting this thursday and said to call before I go to make sure we are having it. So you may want to call her and ask her if she is still having it Thursday at 6. I think I may just stop by and see if anyone shows up, unless I have heard it is canceled. Anyway, it was good hearing from you. Talk to you later.

I faxed the paperwork I received to Brenda this morning.

I saw in an earlier post that Kaplan is out of the office for a while so it will be some time beofre my visit to his office.

I was wondering if you guys know how long it takes to here from Dr. Kaplans office once the paperwork is in?

Have you called them? I know that even though I had my paperwork, they had to receive the paperwork themselves from the insurance company, they could not go by mine (which I could not understand why, I think they get the same thing) I would call Brenda and make sure she even got it and find out what the hold up is.