Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Weigh Ins - 29th August 08

Gosh..congrats to all you who have done so well this week!

I lost 1 lbs this week

I need to get my booty moving I have not been walking like I need too!

Edited by cutiew/booty

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've dropped off the planet. August is a really busy time for work and getting the kids back to school and I am going back to school and had orientation yesterday...soooo life is crazy...

I'll give you the update, because I can't remember if I have done it or not:wink_smile:

I am down to 220. which is 36lbs total, 20 presurgery and 16 since. I also took my 1st months measurements and I'm down as follows:

Bust-stayed the same

Butt-down 2"

Waist-down 2.5"

Hips-down 1.5"

Upper Arm-down1.5"

THigh-down 1.5"

Calf- down 1"

I didn't do much organized exercise this week, but I've been really active. I'd like to do more exercise this week. My weight has stayed the same for about the last 10 days and I'm sure that's why.

I'm just now starting to get hungry and I'm really trying to grab a Water and drink instead of eating, but it's getting tough. I'm just going to keep myself so busy that I dont have time to be hungry! :rolleyes:

Congrats everyone on your weight loss! Everyone is doing so well. I'm with you Innotu, weight loss has slowed WAY down. I guess as long as it's weight loss I'll be happy:) Moe

I guess I can join this now.

I started at 285 on my orientation day May 9

I weighed 255 on 8/26 - my surgery date

I weighed 250 this morning - so I lost 5 lbs since my surgery day on Tuesday.

I was almost afraid to get on the scale as they said to wait until one week after surgery, but I was curious.

Pam

For the second week in a row, I have to say no weight loss. At least I'm not gaining. Sometimes I think my scales are broken so I put my kids on it but they are correct. Can't wait for fill Sept 15!

Down 1 lb this week, things are slowing down. I have my first fill scheduled on Wed next week, I am looking forward to a bit more restriction! Of course I did not exercise, went back to school this week and it didn't happen - have to get after myself about that!

Congrats everyone...I'm not jumping on the scales this week;

a) coz i forgotton to do it in the am and

:lol: coz I am still pretty bloated etc

Next week :biggrin:

Down 9 lbs this week. 7.5 since the surgery on Monday. So far that's a total weight loss for me of 20 pounds.

I'm still on the post op liquid diet. The liquid diet before surgery was hard for me and i cheated a few times but now it is extremely easy. I'm not hungry at all. When I see and smell food I remember how good it tastes but I don't feel like eating anything. I hope this feeling stays with me for a while.

Not doing a whole lot of exercise besides walking to get the gas out. However, after reading all your posts i feel more motivated to start the exercising.

First time posting on this. It is a great idea to have one day set for weigh in.

last week 278.2

this week 276.2

so 2 pound loss this week

Congrats to everyone

I'm down 2 pounds this week, went from 240 to 238. I'm very happy about it because I started back on regular foods this week!

I hate adding this. i did weigh my self friday but im up 2 lbs this wk. so thats why im only posting now.

I have no restriction and im loosing the mind control to stop eating. :thumbup:

Opps I forgot to do it on Friday. So did it today down just a bit. Going slowly but losing.....have my first fill on Sept. 19th. Can't wait for that.

I start on semi-regular food on Thursday, and promise myself not to go crazy. My neighbors came over with fresh green Beans, cucumbers and tomatoes yesterday. Oh it was hard to make that salad and steam those Beans for everyone else's dinner last night. I am going to take the tomatoes and make homemade Pasta sauce later today.

I am so looking forward to eating meat again, I'll start with ground meat since that seems to be the one thing that goes down better.

take care and hope I can break the 200 lb. barrier soon.

Pati

Hi All,

I'd like to join in if you don't mind. I was happy to be down 2 lbs this week (my second week post surgery). I have one more week of liquids as I don't have my first post-op until next Monday. My caloric intake keeps increasing, though, although it's still under 1000. I wonder what will happen when I change over to mushies?

Exercise - up to 2 miles a day on Walk Away the Pounds (I hate walking outside in August). No arm work, just walking. Every day so far except one.

Keep it going strong, especially all you exercisers - that's the hardest part for me!

Start: 237

Last week: 220

This week: 218

well done everyone for your efforts this week! Edel, you don't fret too much, matey, this is the hard time for us, those last few weeks before our first fill!

Well it's bright and early, waiting here in MA for Tropical Storm Hannah.

I am surprised and delighted I finally broke the 200 lb. mark. TA DA!!!!!

I started on small amounts of solid food, No problem surprisingly, no frothing or vomiting. Eating my 3 oz of Protein and then veggie a few tbs. and some starch a few tbs. No restrictions except for moi' willpower.

I am so afraid of vomiting and messing this up, I am so careful eating just what the doctor ordered LOL. And eating mindfully and slowley, I was totally full last night after dinner.

I got a few Healthy Choice Cafe' Steamers. They have between 17 and 22 grams of Protein in them which is good. I had the Rosted chicken with Pasta and marinara sauces, pretty tasty after eating nothing much for over 5 weeks. LOL It's 270 calories. The "household" ate steak, cheese, onion and pepper subs last night. And I even made them LOL. It did smell mighty good.

So I am off to a luncheon for my disabled Aunt today, and will see a bunch of family I haven't seen since April. I know I look so much better. I will only eat some protein while there. Going to be good of curse.

Well off to color my hair, cover up my little gray streaks LOL It's medium ash Blond. I think I'll wear my skinny jeans LOL Size 18

Ta Ta and hope you all had successful weight loss too.

Pati