Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I survived and you can too!!!

I SURVIVED MY FIRST FILL!!!!!:cursing:

for those of you wondering how it feels and if it hurts this is my story:

i went in laid down (my 5 YO son came with me) doc came in and spent the majority of his time trying to find the darn thing!!!! once he did he put in the needle and have you ever had a MMR shot???? thats what it feels like.

he got the nenedle in and then lost the port again ugh the needle grazed the port and scraped which sent my blood curdling from the sound.:unsure:

he took out what was in and then put that plus 2 cc;s more in for a total of 5cc's.

i drank and feel fine.

i am on fluids for 2 days including today then back to mushies for 2 days and then on to reg food. i really havent gone to reg food bc the mushies have been o for me for now. should i have the desire for real food i will prob try that the end of the week.

hope this has helped anyone who is looking for how it feels and if not well thanks for reading!!!:huh2:

We were told not to stick with the mushies because for the most part they are high calorie/low nutrient foods, and that it was important to move on to solids like chicken and fish....?

Anyway thanks for your post!

I had asked my doc about a low profile port and bless him very tactfully he said...right now, Rebecca, it will be hard for me to even find the port. But I promise when you lose enough that the old one sticks out, I will gladly put a smaller one in for you! :cursing:

LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches