Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok... so my surgery is this thursday 8/28, i enjoy working out and have already lost 9lbs on my pre-op diet... So my question is... i starting at 247lbs and now at 238, is it an unrealistic goal to want to be under or at 200lbs by christmas?

Let me know what yall think, or what your weight loss was within a 3-4 month period of time.

Thanks!

Edited by Kickash73

Not at all I had my surgery on July 30th and that is my goal as well I am now 233 I was 250 pre op..:smile2:

Before surgery I weighed 235 and I have set a mini goal of 180 by christmas. Most people lose about 1-3 pounds a week. If you are at the gym at least 4 days a week and watching how much you eat, it's realalistic goal by christmas. Goog Luck!

Hey Ashley! I am shocked by how much alike we are and I think that we could both set a goal for under 200 by xmas!

I am to be banded on 8/28!

I am starting at 246 pounds!

I have been on my pre-op diet since the 23rd and have already lost 8 pounds!

We can do it! Under 200 by xmas!!

Sherri

:smile2:

It is absolutely possible ladies!!!!!! I lost 47 pounds the first 4 months. You can do it. MOVE, MOVE, AND MOVE SOME MORE. That is the key here. You have to move your body and burn calories. Start walking if you have too and build up from there.

Very doable I was banded May7,2008 to date I have lost 41 pounds and mind

you that is with 3 weeks of losing nothing and losing 2 pounds twice before my

second fill.So I say go for it.My start weight was 295 and I want to be at

235 by Christmas.That is what I weight 3 years ago before Chemo and my

thyroid went haywire.Current weight 254 so less that 20 pounds to go.

That is a little over 16 weeks. By 16 weeks I had gone from 225 to 184 which was 41 pounds down. If you lose exactly as I did, you would exceed your goal.

38 pounds lost over 16 weeks would require an average of 2.375 pounds per week. Most people stay within the 1-2 pound weekly loss range.

It is definitely within the realm of possibility, but it is an aggressive goal and you will have to work hard for it. Daily vigorous exercise, following bandster rules, limiting processed carbs, drinking enough Water, and getting your Protein in can definitely set you up for losing and reaching your goal.

i was 270 in may before the band my surgery was june 30th im now 233 and my goal at chrismas is 200 ive lost 37 pds since may that was 22 pounds before surgery and 15 since surgery thats 15 pounds in 8 weeks thats 1.87 pounds per week so thats about 2 pounds a week so its definetly doable if i do 2lbs a week thats 40 lbs by xmas that would put me at 193 i think i can do it if i can you can

how is everyone doing so far with the x-mas goal ? me i havent lost a pound since my last post to this thread but im working hard on it.

I would LOVE to be 180lbs for christmas day. It would make my year. i would have to lose 2lbs a week for that to happen. I am only in my second banded week so i dont know how its going to work for me but I will definitely give it my best shot.

It is nice to know lots have gotten to there mini goal in that time frame. I had surgery on the 27th and really want to be under 200 by January since I have to order a bridesmaid gown for my brothers wedding!

I had my lapband surgery on June 8, 2008. It has been almost 3 months since my surgery and I have lost 67 lbs. It is definitely doable if you follow your diet and exercise.

I never thought I could be below 200 by Chritmas until this thread. Thanks for my goal. I was 260 banded 8/22 and down to 240. I will get my first fill the 24th. So I hope I can do it.