Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't want to say this out loud: I've broke through my plateau

Hello you all,

After my long plateau and realizing I could not survive on 400-700 calories I think I have broke through my plateau. I had within two days of upping my calories to between 950-1200 varying my days gained 3 pounds but today, I'm down 5 pounds which includes the 3 lb gain... woohoo :blush::thumbup::wink2::thumbup::frown::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Thank you all for your advice...

I also read somewhere that when you get to a weight that you were at for a significant amout of time...your body will try to stay there.

That is where I was at. I'm so happy I've broke through, but I'm going to weigh myself in two days and see if its still the same or lower before I change my ticker.

Thanks again,

Bren

Then I'll just say a very quiet and secretive congratulations. Inside I'm doing a major happy dance for you though.

No sense in being quiet about it - congratulations! I hope that trend continues for you!

Gratsssssssss!! plateaus aren't always a bad thing either.. sometimes they are nice because its your body saying "yes, I accept this new weight". I haven't really lost much in the last two weeks.. like maybe a pound.. lol... but for the first time in my life I'm not super bummed about it, cuz I feel like it's not over. if that makes sense.. I'm so happy for you! :)

Gratsssssssss!! plateaus aren't always a bad thing either.. sometimes they are nice because its your body saying "yes, I accept this new weight". I haven't really lost much in the last two weeks.. like maybe a pound.. lol... but for the first time in my life I'm not super bummed about it, cuz I feel like it's not over. if that makes sense.. I'm so happy for you! :thumbup:

CC - I never thought of it that way!

but for the first time in my life I'm not super bummed about it, cuz I feel like it's not over.

I think you pinpointed why I'm worry. At every point in this journey I've worried that the success would stop and everything would go away. Like it's too good to be true. I want to have the peace of feeling like it's not over.

Congratulations! Plateaus are the pits, totally mess with your head. Glad you broke through.

I think you pinpointed why I'm worry. At every point in this journey I've worried that the success would stop and everything would go away. Like it's too good to be true. I want to have the peace of feeling like it's not over.

I know that feeling completely. I was asking my doctor to tell me how much fill I had in my band and he asked me why I wanted to know. Basicaly I said that I wanted to make sure there was still enough band left to get me where I needed to be. And he said that was exactly why he didn't want to tell me. Because his job is to worry about the band and mine is to worry about the other stuff. That way I can't just blame it on a low fill, etc, I have to look at the things I control like exercise and caloric intake. Pretty smart guy actually - though it really drives me nuts not to be in control. LOL

I'm so afraid that the weight loss magic will stop before I'm done.

Because his job is to worry about the band and mine is to worry about the other stuff. That way I can't just blame it on a low fill, etc, I have to look at the things I control like exercise and caloric intake. ..I'm so afraid that the weight loss magic will stop before I'm done.

WOW Ezma, what a great approach your doc has! Frustrating, but he really puts the emphasis on where it should be - the person, not the band.

I can certainly related to the loss of magic fear...

I'm starting another thread dedicated to the discussion of plateaus. I accidentally posted it here as a response instead of a new thread. So I'm editing it to be a new post.

Edited by Shinyhappymommy
Clicked wrong button