Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss with realize

I've only lost 2lbs since my surgery on 7/2/08. Iam getting depressed and disappointed with myself. I had my first fill 3 weeks ago and only thing I notice different is my food gets stuck more often. I do get full but I eat about the same amount as before the band. Iam thinking about asking my doc for some diet pills just to help me get started on losing. I just didn't think that would be a smart choice.

I had my surgery with the realize band on June 9th and have lost 43lbs.... I lost it real quick the 1st two months, but now it has slowed down and I average about 2lbs a weeks. 1st fill with 4cc was given on July 29 had to have 2cc's taken out because I could not even hold down ice chips!! 2nd fill appt. is October 2nd. I figure I didn't put it on over night so it's not gonna fall off over night! Good luck to all with all yor success and weight loss.:lol:

i was banded aug. 26th 1008 and i have lost 25 pounds since then. like above it took 32 years to put it on, and i dont thnong i can take it of very fast and dont want to. 2-3 pounds a week is fine with me.

jason r

i was banded on sept 5th and have lost 16 lbs since surgery

pre op diet was 1 day of liq. lost 1 lb

i feel restricted ,can only force down 1/4 cup of Soup or yogurt.

realize band

...The Realize band is implanted empty and the LapBand AP is implanted with the first fill of 3 to 4cc's so you get immediate restriction verses little to no restriction with The Realize Band...

This depends on your doctor. Lap Band or Realize my doctor ONLY implantes them empty. He is more interested in one's stomach healing properly then ones restriction level.

if your doctor is implanting the new LapBand AP empty he or she does not fully understand the design changes of the band. It is designed to implanted with Fluid in it for a reason. The Fluid does not effect the healing process in any way due to the shape and distribution of fluid inside the band. But he or she is the surgeon and they can practice how they want-however the weight loss will theoretically be lower.

If you were banded on sept 5th- unless you have a ridiculous amount of fat around the area were the band was placed you're most likely swollen, not restricited - once that goes does down, food will go down easier- monitor your progress very carefully and be aware of changes in the amount of food that goes down- you're doing great, keep it up! were all rooting for you!

if your doctor is implanting the new LapBand AP empty he or she does not fully understand the design changes of the band. It is designed to implanted with Fluid in it for a reason.

From the Lab Band web site (www.lapband.com): "When the Lap Band® Adjustable Gastric Banding System is first placed, your surgeon usually leaves it empty or only partially inflated."

dwrd73, your doctor is following protocol. Not that I need to tell you, but it's so important that false information is corrected.

I was just banded yesterday...WOW....I am so happy. I have been trying to walk off this horrible gas pains in my neck, chest, and shoulders.... Otherwise my stomach doesn't hurt. I have had my morning coffee, ,,now drinking my K 2 0....which seems to help the hungeries... Can't wait to get to a full liquid.... I had to use my stadol pain med last night to sleep...but otherwise motrin and tylenol today... HOORAY !!!!:wink_smile:

CONGRATULATIONS, MOM OF TWINS!!!! I'm glad you're doing so well!!

Gooooood! I wish I hadn't read this thread. I was banded June 13th after losing over 20 lb on a 2 week preop diet. Since then I have only lost about 5-6 pounds. I went back for my 2nd fill 2 weeks ago and now hvae 7cc's. I will be brutally honest (please dont criticize me)... I have found easy foods to eat- crunchy tacos, nachos and while I dont eat them every day, I will say it's about 4 times a week. Thursday I snapped out of it and re-joined Weight Watchers on the COR plan. Friday afternoon I went back to Curves and did my 30 minute work out and I feel so proud of myself. I guess I thought that the band would stop me from eating, but it is all in my control. I am very happy with my latest fill, as it has become very difficult to eat bread and pork :wink_smile: So... my plan is:

-No more fast food.... period

-No drinking with food... have been good for a week now

-Will go to Curves M-F, no matter how tired I am

-Will suck it up and spend more time reading posts on LBT (have avoided for almost 2 months)

Good for you for getting back on track CC. We all need wake up calls every now and then. Keep checking back in, and don't hide away again. I bet if you follow your rules, and with your new fill, you'll start seeing some success.

I'm glad you shared your story, because it's easy for any of us to become complacent, and seeing that you're have a new resolve to improve your life is inspiring.

I too have the REALIZE band. I had my surgery August 4th. I lost 10 lbs pre op and I have lost 27 lbs since surgery. I am extremely pleased with these results considering I had no loss for 3 weeks and I was battling the same two lbs up and down. I had my first fill this week and those two lbs I was up and down with are gone with two more. My doctor is one of the conservative doctors. He believes in taking things gradually. This works for me and I believe it is helping me change my habits gradually. I have some friends that had more aggressive doctors and they are having problems with vomiting and getting food down. Good Luck to Everyone!

i had all my tests egd ekg exc...just as i was about to be out a z for my test i asked which band has a fill he told me lap band i was sold lol he said most lose faster on it then relize but he liked both