Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss with realize

Hi ...

Here's my track record:

July 1: met with the doc

August 8: surgery date (9cc realize band), lost 15lbs preop

September 5: first fill 3cc, lost another 10lbs

October 3: appt. for a fill, but didn't need one, lost another 8lbs.

Total loss: 33lbs in 3 months

Hope this helps, I feel like I'm losing at a good rate, nice and steady ...

Julie

i was banded on dec 16,2008 i weighed 325... first week after surgery i was down 8lbs ... 6 weeks post op was down to 302... another two weeks im down to 294 woohoo below 300 .. i walk on my treadmill everyday 2 to 5 miles a day depending on how i feel and do weight resist 3x a week..i still eat what i want but i do watch... i loved my Pasta still have a lil bit once in a while... my doctor has chosen not to give me a fill.. he said he thinks im getting great weight lose..hope this helps:thumbup:...

lost 14 lbs pre op

hey we were banded the same day 12/16/2008 with the Realize band. :thumbup:

I currently have had 2 fills. The first was 4 cc and the second was 1 cc total of 5 ccs. I have hardly any restriction. I begged for 2 ccs last Friday, but my doctor is conservative. (which is why I picked him).

I notice that I lose more depending on my exercise habits.

weight.png

Edited by Jennifer613
more details

Hello -

FYI - I also have the Realize band, and my doctor told me that it can hold 12cc's. So ...maybe there are different sizes.

I currently have 5cc's in my band and just about 4 months. Don't have total restriction, but I think I am getting there.

Hello -

FYI - I also have the Realize band, and my doctor told me that it can hold 12cc's. So ...maybe there are different sizes.

I currently have 5cc's in my band and just about 4 months. Don't have total restriction, but I think I am getting there.

theres just one size for the realize band. but it is designed to go over 9cc if needed.

i have 6cc's now in mine and i believe i might need some took out. i have lost over 78 pounds in alittle over 6 months now.

I was banded with the realize band 12/22/08 and I seem to be doing pretty good. I have lost 42 pounds so far so it seems to work pretty good for me. I have very good restriction. My first fill 2/09 was 4cc's and my second fill 3/09 was 2cc'c for a total of 6cc's I don't think I will need another fill for a while.

Jayne - I'm experiencing the same good luck with 6cc after my 3rd fill a couple of weeks ago. I have an appointment for a 4th fill on Fri (3/20), but I think I will wait a while longer. I will be out of the country visiting DD and her family in Korea during April and part of May. I sure don't want to be too tight while I am there. I may be losing restriction by the end of my trip, but I will do okay with whatever I have till I get back. It certainly will be better than pre-banding!

All of you who are concerned about your restriction - watch your choices and your portions until you get there. Most of the doctors are concerned about too aggressive fills at the beginning - they don't want you so tight you can't eat without bringing it back up. My surgeon gave me 3cc about 4 weeks postop, then 2cc a month later, then 1cc about 3 weeks later. I've done very well with this last fill and happy with the restriction I have now. I don't want to get hung up on "how many cc's?" because it will be different for each of us. Until 2 weeks ago I had very little restriction and relied on Portion Control and good choices. I lost slowly - but I will probably always lose slowly even with restriction. It's been my pattern.

I was banded with the Realize Band on 12/29/2008 and as of last Wednesday, I am down 31 pounds and 18 inches. I've had two fills (1st--3cc; 2nd--1cc). I have little restriction, but haven't been ravenously hungry, so I'm not worried about it. I know I will get there soon.

I think it has been so successful for me because I exercise 5-6 days a week (run, aerobics, swim, elliptical) and weight train 3 days a week. I also faithfully track my food calories and daily Protein using the realize software every day.

I am now 3 pounds from the lowest weight I have ever been! My surgeon said that when I plateau (and he said I would), I should make an appointment with the nutritionist to evaluate my food choices and make a few changes.

The only problem I have had is that I just had my port replaced. My old port had the metal claws holding it in the muscle and my doctor thinks one of them was sitting on a nerve. He replaced it with one that he sewed in place and I can already tell a difference!! In two weeks we can add another fill.

Have a great week everyone!!

You are not alone, I had Relize Band September 15 and have only lost 24 lbs. I feel as if I don't eat enough to stay alive, and am not losing as fast as I thought I would.:smile: I know slower is better, so they say, but a little faster would be nice.:smile2:

Gail

You are not alone, I had Relize Band September 15 and have only lost 24 lbs. I feel as if I don't eat enough to stay alive, and am not losing as fast as I thought I would.:thumbup: I know slower is better, so they say, but a little faster would be nice.:sad:

Gail

Who did your band? I will be banded by Dr. Bauman in NC next Thursday using the Realize Band. Are you following the "diet"?

You are not alone, I had Relize Band September 15 and have only lost 24 lbs. I feel as if I don't eat enough to stay alive, and am not losing as fast as I thought I would.:thumbup: I know slower is better, so they say, but a little faster would be nice.:sad:

Gail

Gail, what kind of things are your eating?? Also what is your excersice routine like?