Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starting my preop diet today

wow, God bless. i can't wait till i'm in your spot. i just began my journey yesterday. (talked to my ins. company). not sure where that's going to take me...but seeing people like you...makes me more sure of wanting to do this.

i know what you mean about going without real food. i think my last meal before i start the liquid part - will be chinese...lol

wow, i'm really jealous of you. keep us all posted, best of luck.

:wink2::thumbup::mellow:

I start my preop diet today. Clear Liquids if I get hungry I can have up to 2 Protein Drinks. I am on this for ten day. Wish me luck. I have never been this long without food.< /div>

Good Luck, Beth! In some ways, what you're doing now sounds harder than the post op diet because you're doing it on an unbanded stomach. But believe me - if it all goes okay and you're ready to give the process suopport, there are miracles waiting for you ahead (check out the details in my signature if you want an example). Best of luck, keep in touch!

Good luck to you on the liquid pre-op stage. I was nervous too about the thought of not having food that long (I had to be on it for 1 week pre-op and 1 1/2 weeks post-op) but your determination will get you through it. Just think of all you've been through with all your tests and appointments and you don't want to ruin everything if the sugeon goes in and your liver is too enlarged (the purpose of the diet pre-op is to shrink the liver). Another perk is that you'll lose a good amount of weight....I lost 13 lbs that first week! I NEVER did that before! It was a great feeling and a good jump start. Don't worry, you'll be fine...best of luck to you!

Lisa :D

Today is Day 8 of my liquid diet. I've got one more day then the next day is surgery. I'm so excited!

The liquid diet has been hard some days and easy some days. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th days were VERY difficult. I just wanted to eat. I don't really consider Jello as eating LOL.

The days after that were much easier except yesterday. The reason why is because I went to the school to start getting my room ready. The other teachers I work with and I all had our kids up there with us. The kids usually just play etc while we work. Of course there are ALWAYS tons of Snacks etc. that are brought for the kids and then a run to Sonic for them to eat. It was just very difficult being around that. Being at home was a LOT easier because I'm not around all the snack food and fast food. The temptations are not as strong being at home.

I finished getting my 'stuff' at school done and came on home. I just decided that instead of grabbing some of those cheese-its it was better just to come home and not be tempted.

I have NOT cheated at all so far on this liquid diet and not going to start 2 days before my surgery.

My advice: try to stay clear of the temptations just don't let them in your site. Also, when you get hungry go grab some sugar free jello or drink something. It really does kill those hungry pains.

Sorry this was so long.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches