Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:teeth_smile: I have been so horribly bad the last few days on what I have been eating! I still can't eat as much as I did before banding, but I feel as though I am headed in the wrong direction. Yesterday I ate approximately 4 meals, and they were all frozen meals, nothing good for me! I just can't believe I am doing this to myself... right after I had the surgery I so desperately wanted and paid for just a lil over a month ago! I need support, and I know I can get it on here, but my husband is a stringbean garbage disposal, so he eats junk all day long, it just makes it so much harder. So today, I'm trying to get back on track... I'm going back to work my first time since surgery, so I scrambled one egg and I added some onion and home-grown tomatoes. I'm eating one for "breakfast", I made one for to take to work for lunch, and I plan on drinking a Protein Shake when I get home. I just hope I don't keep letting my bad habits creep up on me. If anybody else has 2 cents they wanna throw in, I'll take it!!!

The silver lining in your cloud is that you recognize what you are doing and that you are making changes to get back on track. The struggle we all have, even with the band, is to not fall back into our old habits. I know in the past, when I would "cheat" on a diet, I would think, "oh well...I already blew it! what's the point!"

You should actually be proud of yourself for getting back on track.

Going back to work will help. May I ask why you took one month off from work? I found the going back to work in a week helped me get my mind off of food. It doesn't sound like you are going to eat enough. You will end up eating too much after you get home. I would drink at least 3 Protein Drinks per day if you are going to eat light.

Every diet is a struggle and you can do this...look you've already lost 15 pounds!!! That's an accomplishment...way to go!!!!..It does sound like you may need to attend a support group but if you can't this one is great...you need a cheerleader and we are here!!!!

Take it one day at a time. Old habits are hard to break so give yourself a break. I try to have a Protein Shake in the morning --sometimes I double up the Protein by adding a scoop of Unjury to an Optifast protein shake. I transfer it to a "to go" bottle and take it with me to work, sipping all the way. One idea you may be able to adopt. Good luck and hang in there.

:smile:Thanks you guys for all of your support!! Reading your comments just made me feel so much better!!! I will definitely put your suggestions to use!

Going back to work will help. May I ask why you took one month off from work? I found the going back to work in a week helped me get my mind off of food. It doesn't sound like you are going to eat enough. You will end up eating too much after you get home. I would drink at least 3 Protein drinks per day if you are going to eat light.

I took a month off from work because my job is very labor intensive-- I'm a maintenance tech, so I'm constantly lifting a lot more than what's "allowed" after surgery. Plus all of the torque involved with the pushing and pulling. Also since I was self-pay, I couldn't afford to mess anything up! I'm good to go now though! :biggrin:

Don't worry, its my thinking that you'll experience the ups and downs until you hit your sweet spot with your fills. Don't worry, this is a life long goal so don't think you've ruined anything. Keep strong, hopefully you followed the Diet you left Juarez Mexico with, I TOO WAS JUST BANDED IN JUAREZ by Dr. Rod. One week of liquids, one week of full liquids.. two weeks of mushy and then onward.

Hope ur doing better, one G R E A T way to turn your personal negative into a "not so negative" is to do this....

IF you feel the need to eat MORE than you feel you should be right now, BE CERTAIN what your eating is healthy! I'm not talking about munching on carrots and veggies.. I'm saying eat some turkey cold cuts or cottage cheese with tomatoes rather than a frozen pizza meal, or frozen mexican food meal.

I think you'll find come the end of the day, regardless of WHAT you ate you'll realize your starting the battle off on the right foot and again, even if you ate "too much"... it wasn't all that bad for you :-)

Hope I've helped!!

Be certain to email lupita! Or she will get ticked at you :-)