Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dog with an ATTITUDE!

Teresa and Robin, I'm sitting here abolutly crying for you both. My DH thinks me very calous for putting down our Tipper, because he was just a little puppy. He was turning into a dangerous animal, and my physical safety was in danger just by having him in the house. When he was a good boy, he too was just the sweetest little dog, but he was unpredictable and waking up with my chin in his jaws with him growling was more than I wanted to risk. Ever.

Christina I'm crying for you too because I'm going to have to put my poor old Astro down soon. I know your heart too is broken, and I wish I could offer something more concrete than electonic words on an electronic page. I know how hard it is to read any post about dogs right now.

That's a tough call, Teresa. I am really sorry you've had to make it. :D I sincerely didn't mean to make light of your situation with my above comment. I hope you didn't take it that way. Hugs to you on this tough, tough day.. Leatha

I can't speak for Teresa, but Letha, you gave me a much needed smile. This is a very difficult thread.

kind and caring thoughts going your way....

Dont beat yourself up over this,,, this will be the best for your friend, your family. She will be running around at Rainbow bridge now... all happy and not aggressive anymore. Everything will be right with the baby. YOu gave 5 wonderful years like you said....She will be gratefull to you for loving her so much that she can now be free from what ails her little mind.....

Hi Leatha,

I didn't take any offense. It has been the saddest most depressing 3 days since putting Zoey down. All me and hubby do is cry and poor Baylee is so sad and lonely. They did play well together but I never really thought they were that close. She only wanted to play when she wanted to. He just keeps looking for her...I got word from a neighbor that poor Baylee was howling and crying while I was at work for a few hours yesterday. I am already thinking of getting another puppy for him. I really think it would put a smile back on all of our faces and I really don't want to leave him lonely while I am at work. I just would break my heart. He is the sweetest most gentle thing with very sensitive personality. Now would be the best time to get one for us too since I'm out of school for the summer, hubby and I have opposite shifts so one of us is almost always home (hubby sleeps in late so that is why Baylee got lonely). We have tried to take him on LOTS of walks in the last couple of days but he won't play which has felt very odd. He chippers up at meals and on walks but beyond that he acts like his life has been turned upside down. We have loaded him up on toys and a swimming pool (he loves water) but they have made a very small impact. He is 4 yrs old (he normally acts very puppy like still) and I think it would be best to introduce another dog in the family at this age versus waiting till he is any older. We miss Zoey so much and the house feels SO quiet without her but its an amazing experience being able to walk thruout the house without having to know her location and position. I was even able to sit on the floor last night and have a bowl of Cereal. It still feels so weird without her though. She went very peacefully. She got a walk earlier that day and we got her a Frosty and a Junior bacon cheeseburger at Wendy's on the way. She thought that was awesome. Anyway its been rough... My best friend is bringing his dogs down for the weekend and I think we are all going down to the grants pass property. Check in in a few days.