Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vote for your favorite protein drink!

Which is/are your favorite protein drink(s)?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is/are your favorite protein drink(s)?

Synthrax nectar in the fuzzy navel flavor. By a freind's recommensation, I mix it with crystal light peach tea and at least 16 oz of Water. (It is too strong if i mix it with anythign less than 16 oz of water).

I absolutely HATE all other Protein drinks. They either dry out my mouth, taste too much like medicine, or are just plain yucky. I also do not really care for ones that I have to add milk to. I have spent (and wasted) a fortune on finding a Protein Drink that I like and this one was it. I have never had it plain though, I always mix it with the crystal light so it ends up tasing like peach tea to me. i also liek this one becasue it does not have that "medicine store " smell to it when you open the container.

You get 23g of whey Protein per serving. One serving is only 90 calories. (95 if you choose to add the crystal light). I really recommend it.

Warning: If you order it is costs about $25.00 and it comes in a ENORMOUS container.

Edited by Brinabrina77

I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to Protein Drinks. Most make me want to throw up. I found a RTD that is called Extreme smoothie (chocolate dream) and is 35 grams of Protein. I stopped drinking them and just started back a week or so ago and the weight is coming off faster now and that is the ONLY thing I am doing different. I would like to know what the name of the drink is at Trader Joe's. It seems that my body loses weight faster with a Protein Drink.< /p>

Trader Joe's Protein shakes are made by a company called "Worldwide." The have two kinds. One with 35 grams of Protein and the other with 21 grams. They come in chocolate or vanilla. Here is the nutritional info for the 35 grams of protein in "frosty chocolate" Serving size = 1 can (11 fl ounces) calories = 170 total fat = 1 gram carbs = 4 grams They are very reasonable in price.

I have used these two drinks prior to my lapband surgery and afterwards. For example, this morning, I drank the vanilla flavor with some banana, cinnamon and a little milk. Excellent! I also add frozen banana to the chocolate flavor. You can also add frozen fruit (which I also buy from Trader Joes).

I always keep it in the refrigerator to keep it cold and use my Bullet blender (any blender will do).

I learned of these drinks through the nutritionist from my bariatric surgeon's office.

Trader Joe's Protein shakes are made by a company called "Worldwide." The have two kinds. One with 35 grams of Protein and the other with 21 grams. They come in chocolate or vanilla. Here is the nutritional info for the 35 grams of protein in "frosty chocolate" Serving size = 1 can (11 fl ounces) calories = 170 total fat = 1 gram carbs = 4 grams They are very reasonable in price.

I have used these two drinks prior to my lapband surgery and afterwards. For example, this morning, I drank the vanilla flavor with some banana, cinnamon and a little milk. Excellent! I also add frozen banana to the chocolate flavor. You can also add frozen fruit (which I also buy from Trader Joes).

I always keep it in the refrigerator to keep it cold and use my Bullet blender (any blender will do).

I learned of these drinks through the nutritionist from my bariatric surgeon's office.

Thanks so much for the info!! Are the drinks in powder form? The ones I drink come in a can like soda and I don't have to do anything but put in the fridge. It is so easy but also expensive.

No, they are in liquid form which is MUCH BETTER than powder. When you add ingredients to them, they are much easier to mix up. They come in a can so they are easy to stack on each other.

I also like this Protein drink that is not so easy to locate and buy. Its called Acheive. I can buy it from a health food store 20 miles from my house, a gym 20 miles (or so) from my house or from someone from my support group that sells it from her trunk (I see her rarely)! It tastes like a cold coffee Latte. I put them in my refrigerator. I really like them because they are in glass but I've been told that they may be repackaging them into cardboard.

I was told to have 50 to 70 grams of Protein a day so I drink at least one protein drink a day (along with food).

No, they are in liquid form which is MUCH BETTER than powder. When you add ingredients to them, they are much easier to mix up. They come in a can so they are easy to stack on each other.

I also like this Protein drink that is not so easy to locate and buy. Its called Acheive. I can buy it from a health food store 20 miles from my house, a gym 20 miles (or so) from my house or from someone from my support group that sells it from her trunk (I see her rarely)! It tastes like a cold coffee Latte. I put them in my refrigerator. I really like them because they are in glass but I've been told that they may be repackaging them into cardboard.

I was told to have 50 to 70 grams of Protein a day so I drink at least one protein drink a day (along with food).

Now I am really excited. I have not found a powder drink I like yet. This is great. I won't have to pay shipping on the ones I have been drinking. Paying shipping on two cases of liquid Protein drinks in the cans was expensive. I think the shipping cost more than the drinks. I can't wait to go to Trader Joe's and find them.

I'm glad that I helped you out. I hope you like them. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I really think the Protein drinks really help to supplement our protein because we don't even eat enough food.< /p>

I like the Champion Pure Whey