Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Restriction?

I have had three fills so far (my fourth is scheduled for Wed 7/23) and I don' t really feel restriction. I have a 10 cc band and have been filled

5/21 - 1.8 cc

6/11 - 1 cc

6/25 - 0.5 cc

So a total of 3.3 cc.

Is anyone else feeling good restriction yet? And if so, at what level is your band filled?

weight.png

I have really good restriction at 5.5 in a 10 cc. Took 3 fills to get me there though. I've really had to adjust to the tightness, though, since my 1st two fills were NOTHING compared to this! Best Wishes...

I have had three fills so far (my fourth is scheduled for Wed 7/23) and I don' t really feel restriction. I have a 10 cc band and have been filled

5/21 - 1.8 cc

6/11 - 1 cc

6/25 - 0.5 cc

So a total of 3.3 cc.

Is anyone else feeling good restriction yet? And if so, at what level is your band filled?

weight.png

I just had my fourth fill, not sure how much is in there at this point. I had no restriction until this fill although I still don't think I have hit my sweet spot. I only lost two pounds all of last month, but this week after the fill I lost 3 lbs so it is working. I think in a couple of weeks I will try to get one more fill. They only put a very tiny amount in this last time since my third fill was too tight, couldn't swallow Water, then they took too much out!

Right now I have 5.8 in a 10cc. My 1st fill was 1cc, then my 2nd fill last week was .8cc. My first fill was almost like a joke, haha. This time I feel more restriction, but I don't know. Like this morning I had 2 scrambled eggs and a small piece of sausage with it, around 8am. It's now 1:20 and I'm not hungry. A little thirsty, but not hungry. But I am going to eat a little to make sure I get some Protein. Now I need to walk and do weights like crazy to get this weight down more!

I get my first fill on August 9th. Can someone tell me what the difference is with eating after a fill? do you eat the same things but a lot less or do you have to change what you eat and still eat a lot less?

I've only had one fill so far, 2cc in a 10cc band. i go for 2nd fill on Aug. 12th. I'm still hanging in most of times at 1/2cup per meal. But not always. i was so starved last night I ended up eating a whole Sonic's burger...uggh was how I felt this am. I still lost 4lbs today on my wkly weigh-in, but that burger will catch up in about 2 more days! One good thing, I'm still very strong willed not to reach 1cup per meal until my bandiversary date. I'm feeling really good and proud of myself at present time. I go to kids camp next week and they fix all that no-no stuff so it will be interesting to see what I can end up eating.

I have 1cc in a 4cc band. I have had frothing episodes when I eat too fast or don't chew enough so I know that is some restriction. I am scheduled for a 2nd fill mid August. Unfortunately I discovered that sugary, fat foods don't cause any problems going down. It is mainly the Proteins (meats). Hopefully with a 2nd fill the bad food won't go down so easily!

Hi all,

I need some advice or guidance or something. So I have 3.5 cc's in a 7cc band. I was banded on the 30th of May, and my weight loss has been great, nothing to be upset about and I am still continuing to loose. However I have decided to go for anothr fill this thursday. Well here is the thing....I felt good restriction before, I mean I could eat more than a cup of food at a time but I felt so full and for so long. But lately, the past couple of days I haven't felt as full or for long. I dont know right now I am really stressed, and I have been so good on my diet, but we have had tons of visitors and just when we thought it would end 6 more people are coming to stay in our 1 bedroom apt. 5 kids one adult, so cooking for myself and my fiance is out the window. I dont know I guess I am asking if anyone has gone from feeling goof restriction to feeling hardly any at all, or not as full for so long. God I can not wait until my next fill! Thanks for being there guys

I have only had 1 fill and do not feel any restriction what so ever. I am going in for a second fill on Thursday. I am hoping to get more restriction because it seems like I am always hungry. Right now I can't even tell I have the band. I am going to ask my dr. on Thursday what kind of band and how big it is. Without this web site it never would have occured to me to even ask. You guys are doing great and are such an inspiration.

Can I ask those who feel no restriction (especially those receiving at least one fill) -Do you not have any "stuck" or "Frothing" episodes? Can you eat anything-or is the feel of no restriction related to feeling hungry? I was just curious because I do have difficulty with some foods and I do often "feel" hungry.

Can I ask those who feel no restriction (especially those receiving at least one fill) -Do you not have any "stuck" or "Frothing" episodes? Can you eat anything-or is the feel of no restriction related to feeling hungry? I was just curious because I do have difficulty with some foods and I do often "feel" hungry.

I can eat anything but if i am really hungry and eat too fast or swallow large pieces of food--i get the frothing,

I have 3.9ccs (1cc + 1.4ccs + 1.5ccs) in a 10cc band. I didn't notice restriction until the last fill. And then I noticed it as soon as I was off the 2-day liquids and back on to regular food.

Dry Proteins are not nice to me, regardless of how small the bite and how much I chew. It takes a lot less to get full and I stay fuller longer, for sure.

I have a checkup on this fill planned for August 15. If I don't need it at that time, I will reschedule for 2 weeks later to see how things are going.

I may have found a spot that will work for a while, it's exciting!

FeliaLevy75: How inspiring! I have been having a really rough time. I am eating way too much and eating sugary fatty foods. I have not lost any weight in 3 weeks. I am scheduled for a possible fill 9/9. I am going to try to get back on track with the eating and exercising so that I will have it under control for my next fill.

Awww, thanks, Ursa! It's always nice to hear that.

As for your food choices, have you been tracking what you eat? One of the theories behind tracking's success is that you are face to face, in the numbers, with what you eat everyday and what it does to your new healthy lifestyle (remember, this is not a diet... this is ongoing... this is life). When you see how the unhealthy stuff adds up, you tend to not want to see it anymore. If you don't eat it, you don't track it, and you don't have to see it on the list anymore.

You can do it. If you aren't already there, sign up LiveStrong.com to take advantage of their information and The Daily Plate. TDP is a great tracking tool.

Good luck!

Hi - I was banded May 5th and have had 3 fills thus far. I have a total of 1.8 in my 4cc band. My last fill was last Friday and I am finally feeling some restriction. No frothing or anything but when I eat I definitely feel full. I just ate 3 bites after my "full signal/burp" and am really feeling it now. This is good because it will help me to stop eating sooner.