Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New protein shakes you must try if its in your area

Ive been going to this place since I started this journey, its a place called smoothie King. They have a shake, called the Gladiator. It has 180 calories, 0 fat 0 sugar, and 0 carbs etc. 45 grams of Protein. Blended with any 2 fruits of your choice. Anyone ever been here?

I have a smoothie king in my area. I've been there once or twice a while back but I will have to check it out again. The gladiator sounds good, I will definitely have to try it! Thanks for the tip.

hi! if it's blended with 2 fruits it must have sugar and carbs. unless they are using a sugar-free Syrup instead of real fruits..?

Natural sugars, yes, and natural is good. I have lost weight by eating lots and lots of fruit. No problems there. No syrup. They just mix Protein powder and fruit.

Natural sugars are good for you. Otherwise doctors would say, Dont eat fruit. I have had success with losing weight, and eating fruit. Lots of fruit. That is mainly what my diet consists of. And not all carbs are bad. Try not to refrain from eating all carbs, remember there are good carbs and there are bad.

ah, my point was the stats can't be right - 0 carbs is impossible if the drinks have fruit in them. i have hypogylcemia and can't have much fruit - so that is why your post caught my interest! natural sugar or not, in my body, it works the same with regard to my blood sugar. glad they work for you - they sound yummy!

ah, my point was the stats can't be right - 0 carbs is impossible if the drinks have fruit in them. i have hypogylcemia and can't have much fruit - so that is why your post caught my interest! natural sugar or not, in my body, it works the same with regard to my blood sugar. glad they work for you - they sound yummy!

Check out their website. They have a menu on there, look at the stats for the gladiator. I guess people with sugar problems, should watch out. My mom said when she was pregnant with me, she at lots of watermelon and was borderline diabetic. Sorry to hear of your issues... But, please check out their site. They have other options I believe.

I would like to know what they put in them - with only 1 carb and 0 sugar it is impossible for them to be using real fruit. I wonder if they give a list of ingredients anywhere.

Anne

hi! i'll check out their site - see if they have a store near where i live here in NH. thanks!

A fellow NH person! What town do you live in? I'm just north of Rochester in Milton Mills.

hi moe128! i'm in raymond nh - between manchester and the beach!

asimmons, you can get the nutrition stats at this site for the gladiator (click on nutrition info link below). they don't show carbs and sugar for just that one drink - it's got dashes instead of 0's or numbers. my guess is it varies depending on which 2 fruits you pick so they can't put the stats on their website.

Nutritional Information for 20 oz. Size — smoothie King

Gladiator® 180----1-45150-Build Up

see the dashes - that doesn't mean 0 - other drinks have 0's when they mean 0..

it still sounds yummy. the low-carb ones sound good too - but they seem high fat (typical low-carb i guess)!

Oh good lord, I never meant for this thread to take things to the extreme and be so serious over it all. lol. I was there today, and I asked them does anything they use have sugar, they use fruits, and purees. I know fruits have sugars, and carbs, NATURAL ones. Its not like youre going out and eating a whopper from burger king, who would do that? Its suicide for your band. Im just trying to give solutions for those of you who are in the liquid phase, who need to drink something different. I wouldnt drink them everyday. Thats probably asking for trouble. When I got the gladiator for the first time, I mixed it with banannas and strawberries, it tasted sugary. But it really had no added sugars. Only the natural you find in fruit.

My doctor suggests I eat more fruit for the added Vitamins, and minerals, as well as it keeping you healthy. Nothing wrong with adding fruit to your Protein mix. Lots of people do it.

no trouble, this is a good thread - i've learned about smooth king - never heard of it before and i'm sure others will enjoy the gladiator!

i have to be serious about sugar in any form - so do others i'm sure but pobably not the majority of people. thanks for bringing this up!