Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

After three weeks, I finally feel like all of the swelling has gone down. Now all my pants are falling off! I can't keep them up and I hate wearing belts.

You may not like belts.....But, what a great feeling to have your pants falling off! That would make me jump for joy!

This morning I just realized the most of the 12 lbs I've lost was all from my boobs! My bra cups are to lose!LOL:biggrin:

Hi everyone. I just bought some Whey Protein powder, vanilla flavor. Does anyone have some shake recipes you can share with me.?

pj, there are so many, but to start, if you like dreamscicles, just use orange crystal light mix in with your protein powder and it's one of my favorites. Yummy!

Cutie~ If I jumped my pants would fall off! LOL

I always lose in my butt and my boobs first. I noticed my bra cups were getting a bit loose. I might have to buy some new ones!

Edited by krtork

Cutie~ If I jumped my pants would fall off! LOL

I always lose in my butt and my boobs first. I noticed my bra cups were getting a bit loose. I might have to buy some new ones!

That's awesome, keep up the good work!:biggrin:

Hi all! I am so excited! My surgery was Friday 8/22 and went great! When should I expect to get hungry? I made myself drink 1 1/2 Protein Drinks yesterday and plenty of Water. I wasn't hungry but I was in some pain and the tube in my throat during surgery messed up the "hangy down thing" as my son calls it. All seems better today. Still some pain but considerably less than yesterday.

Now, I am ready to see the scale really start moving.

Hey All you August people! Im sorry I havent popped in. Seems like as soon as I got back to feeling somewhat ok........life just got hectic AGAIN.

Got older son off to college, busy getting ready for school, back to the ER at nights regularly, and finally getting my house back in order after two weeks of eveyone not doing a thing while I was recouperating....grrrrrr!

Anyway, Im down 21 pounds and m SOOOOO excited (doing the happy dance!) I feel good. I can tell if I miss my vitamines or dont eat or drink enough because I get light headed. Other than that Im good.

Hope you guys are all feeling good! Congrats all the new August bandies :rolleyes:

Heidi,

Use something like fitday.com to track your food for a couple of days. It may be that you are not getting enough calories. We don't want you falling over in the ER...although I guess if you have to fall out somewhere that would be the right place!

just checking in...feeling the best yet. how sad that i could tell because i could actually bend over and clean out the cats' litter boxes. LOL my dad's been on litter duty for almost three weeks. i'm so anxious to try and eat some real food. i'm tired of the really blended up egg, tuna, and chicken salad. i've tried mixing it up with some Protein shakes...but they just don't hold me as long. way to go everyone!!!

Wow Heidi, I love you banner "Failure Is Not An Option". I have really gotten discouraged reading the literature the doctor gave me and this forum. It seems that so many people lose the weight very slowly or not at all and I am thinking - IF I went to THESE lengths to lose this, I WILL SUCCEED no matter how hard it gets. My husband even told me last night to quit reading the forum. But we started at almost the same statistics (age, weight, goals) and you have already lost 21 lbs. You give me motivation. I am going to do it! I officially weigh on Friday's which just happened to be my surgery date so I can't wait to see what the drop will be then. I know it is coming down.

Keep it up! I need the motivation and drive and you sound like just the person to keep me going!

In His hands!

Wow Heidi, I love you banner "Failure Is Not An Option". I have really gotten discouraged reading the literature the doctor gave me and this forum. It seems that so many people lose the weight very slowly or not at all and I am thinking - IF I went to THESE lengths to lose this, I WILL SUCCEED no matter how hard it gets. My husband even told me last night to quit reading the forum. But we started at almost the same statistics (age, weight, goals) and you have already lost 21 lbs. You give me motivation. I am going to do it! I officially weigh on Friday's which just happened to be my surgery date so I can't wait to see what the drop will be then. I know it is coming down.

Keep it up! I need the motivation and drive and you sound like just the person to keep me going!

In His hands!

Hey Tutornmom!! yes, you can do this, no doubt!! This was a last ditch effort for me. I have serious weight related health issues in my family and it all started for them at around age 46:sad: I WILL NOT be one of those statistics :lol: This HAS to work for me and I cant see how I can fail if I do what Im supposed to. Failure to me at this point in my life would be worse than death..........yep, im serious. I dont want to live the rest of my life SICK! I have 5 busy, active children and a hectic lifestyle. I need to be healthy.

You will be fine! Just do as the drs say, take time for yourself and pay attention to the details! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION :smile2:

Yesterday I was getting ready for work and I was looking in the mirror drying off and I noticed a huge bump at the bottom of my neck. I freaked out. I was poking it, feeling if it would move or if it were hard or soft. I went right to my dh and was panicked. He started laughing at me "hun, thats your collar bone!" It took me 21 pounds to find my collar bone!

Now im wondering what else is gonna pop out on me...........YIKES!

Thanks Heidi and Lanakila, I am trying to still your August All-Star banner. I can't figure out how to get it to work. I am posting this to see if I got it. I hope you don't mind me using yours.