Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 5- Ladies who are new bandsters, how are you feeling?

Is anyone feeling up to an update? How did things go? Are you sore? How is the eating going?

I had my surgery on July 3rd. I was able to come home yesterday afternoon from the hospital. I have a little discomfort, not terrible pain. I am trying to make sure I drink my one ounce of liquid every 15 minutes -- that is hard. I am not hungry, just thirsty. My surgery was 2 hours late and I started to get really nervous, questioning myself on doing this... I am glad I did so far! Good Luck everyone!:thumbup:

I had surgery July 2 and I am doing well. Still very sore and bloated. Not hungry at all. I am trying to force myself to get in all the protien and Water, but that is still difficult for me. I'm sure I will get use to it. Happy with my decision.

I was banded in TJ Mexico on 7/2, arrived back on 7/4. Still sore, better everyday. Still having a hard time sleeping - just getting in a comfortable position to sleep, I can only sleep on my right side. All of my incisions are on my left side. Gas is pretty much gone. I have no appetite yet. Trying to get liquids in. Sticking to broth, Jello and Popsicles. My family is being wonderful, specially my husband. :)

I was banded on the 3rd. I'm done with pain meds, feel pretty good. Walking and sipping Protein shakes, burping and um... pf (productive farts!) LOL, hope that wasn't Too Much Info!

Going to take a shower and get outside the house for a little walk.

I was banded on the 1st and left the same day. Still feel bloated and cannot burb, but having good times the other way. I also did some Wii fit today for 30 minutes which was fun. I feel great otherwise and will be returning to work the day after tomorrow.

I was banded on 7/3. Had no problem with the surgery. I am not hungry and I do have the gas and that burping feeling. I also had the diarrea for two days, but I'm o.k.

I'm just having problems with the nausea. My doctor gave me suppositories but they really haven't helped. I'm trying to make sure I take in liquids to help with dehydration, but the shakes are so rich, they are difficult.

I'm really concerned about vomiting. I feel like I'm barely holding it in. What happens if I do vomit? I thought I heard that it was really bad and you had to be careful. Any advice?

I was banded on the 3rd. Today was my 1 week check-up to make sure all is going well. I am 16 pounds down from surgery date & that excites me. I am getting my energy back and try to walk atleast 1/2 mile a day. I am now going to increase that. Good luck to everyone!

Guest kimberly213

I was just banded July 7. I'm sitting here reading all of you guys who have been banded in the last week or two and I am crying. You all seem to be doing so well and I am doing so terrible. It isn't the pain... I mean, it's there and I can't sleep for anything, but it's tolerable. But, you guys are exercising and everything. Yesterday I went for a 5-10 minute SLOW walk and I almost died. Today I took a trip to the supermarket and it was all I could do. I'm SO hungry and I am literally having dreams of not being able to eat. I want to eat so much but all I can have is 2 ounces and I just want to cry my eyes out. I feel like I've made a HUGE mistake here. I'm not nearly as strong as everyone else that I've read about. Not even close. And I'm so thirsty too. I keep sipping like I'm supposed to, but all I want to do is take a huge gulp of something. Does anyone know if this sipping this is forever?? Is there ever a point when you can pick up a glass of Water and just swallow the whole thing down??

Sigh.

I'm just super emotional and feeling very very down. I'm glad everyone is doing well, I really am. I just feel like I might have made an enourmous mistake.

Don't get discouraged. You are only a couple of days out. I was the same my 4 & 5 days but all of a sudden I feel better each day and you will be able to drink more than sips. I drank a bottled Water with no problem today. My doctor says that not to get discouraged if I feel hungry or feel no restriction because I don't have restrictions. Today is my 8th day out from surgery & I feel good but I still can't walk fast or for long periods of time. I think that maybe if you can somehow increase your Protein intake you will feel a little better but hang in there. It will get better.

I was banded July 3rd and am doing very well. Only a little discomfort in the port site. I wish I wasn't hungry!!!! I still want to eat. I''m onto pureed foods and cottage cheese. I enjoyed using the blender tonight for a chicken and baba ganoush mixture. I also had a bowl of Soup with five very mushy crackers and some parmesan cheese. I don't feel sick after eating and tolerate a lot of different foods. I've walked everyday since July 3rd for at least 20 minutes. I couldn't walk to the end of my driveway without huffing and puffing. I went back to work (it's a desk job) on the Monday after surgery (which was Thursday) but was quite tired so I only worked 1/2 a day and took Tuesday off but have been back full time the rest of the week. I haven't had any pain meds since Sunday since it made me so groggy. I removed my steri-strips on my three small incisions and they look pretty good. I don't want to uncover the larger one yet.... it seems to be pretty swollen around the area and I'm sure it hasn't healed.

I know everyone is different so for those of you who are "hurting" a lot more than me, I wish you well and hope it's all a distant memory soon!

Good luck!

Zeama,

How did your surgery go? How are you feeling. Where did Dr. Steely place your port.

Any advice you can give??

Thanks!! and Congrats!:thumbup:

Today is day 4 for me, and I am still hurting. It has never been extreme constant pain, just discomfort with an occasional stabbing type of pain. I take my meds only at night and sleep fairly comfortably on either side now, still cannot sleep on my stomach. When I get up in the mornings is when I feel the most pain. My husband seems to think it is because I am stretching out the muscles that haven't really moved and stretched all night. After I am up for a little while, I feel better, though still not ready to run a marathon.

I have lost 12 pounds since starting my liquid preop diet on Monday. I am still not feeling hungry, nor am I wanting everything in sight. I made spaghetti and meatballs for my husband and daughter last night, and I thought I might want a meatball, but didn't. It really surprised me, especially since I know I still have another week+ on liquids, yuk!

Good luck to all!

I was banded July 2nd. It was a rough first week, I won't lie. I had a fill at time of surgery which I didn't know about!!! Iam NEVER hungry and then started feeling SO full I thought I would die. I called my dr and found out I had 4cc's in my 10cc band. They offered me an unfill which I did make the appt but after hanging up with her the feeling went away b/c I let up on the liquids. My dr allows mushies 4 days post op but I couldn't do it b/c I was SO full from the liquid. I have slowed my drinking way down and feel so MUCH BETTER. So good I cancelled my unfill. I just didn't realize I was working with a 40% restriction already. Iam now glad that he filled my band. Iam getting the hang of it and eating just fine. I can't eat much at one time but Iam eating and getting back to normal. My incisions never really "hurt", they were sore at times and still get a lil sore but nothing I cannot tolerate. I still have gas pains in my left shoulder but they have improved 98%. Overall Iam feeling more and more myself everyday. Iam VERY happy with my decision. Its getting the hang of it all. I have also realized how much I did put emotions into eating. Now that I CANNOT do that I find myself upset sometimes. Wondering where to put certain feelings that come up. I can't put them in my stomach. I have been talking with my WONDERFUL husband and its all working out. Iam SO EXCITED about the whole thing. Its breaking old habits. So far so good. Glad I joined the "band".