Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4th Fill and Hoping it works

This week I will get my 4th fill. I was banned the beginning of March and I have 4cc so far. My problem is that I have only lost 20 pounds. My last fill was the first time I notice a tightness. I spoke with the doctor and he was saying that sometimes it takes 4 to 5 fills before I get to the tightness I want. I guess my frustration is that everyone else is down 40 or more pounds and I am stuck at 20. I am not gaining - but I am not loosing. I am hoping that this next fill will be the one that will get me on my way. Has anyone else gone through this and what was the outcome?

I also was banded in March. I only have 2.4 cc in my band. My Dr is very cautious at giving big fills. Gets me very discouraged, I had lost 10 on a diet on my own,then 10 pre-op diet then 20 after. And I to am at a stand still on the scale. i have noticed my clothing size has change and differences in my appearance not in the scale. The Dr told me don't let the scale rule you. I am hoping by the next fill I get my sweet spot as they all call it. I noticed already that this fill has tightened mine more which I only had 1.6 in before. And I have to wait 6 weeks in between fills. Very frustrating.

I feel like it is working...I feeling the tightbess and I do have to eat fairly slowly. Forget eating a sandwich. But I can eat some meat and 1 piece of bread. I am hoping with the next fill - I can not eat any bread and that I am fuller quicker. I am keepig my fingers crossed for the sweet spot!

It if just so strange to see that a person has only 1 or 2 fill and has as lost over 50 pounds. I spoke with a woman a few weeks back and she is down over 50 pounds...but her doctor has her follow a calorie count diet along with the band. My doctor does not do this.

Hers is very effective - but I know people in my group that is just as effective without the diet.

It really is different for everyone.

well, you are doing better than I am. I was banded 10 months ago to the day and I am only down 40 pounds. I know from past experience on diets and also from my doctor that I am really going to have to get exercising in order to get my weight loss progressing again. I too have seen significant changes in my clothing sizes and even though I go up and down the same 2 or 3 pounds, I am firming up considerably. I always feel tight right after a fill, but I have not had the "full" feeling since the first couple of months following my surgery. some days I regret not having the bypass instead because then maybe I would not feel so discouraged.

I have had 4 fills I think

I am one year out a week or so ago was my year

I am down 100lbs I am at 8cc in the band tehre are two different size bands so the amount does not matter much untill you knowwhat size band yu have.

Before my fills I could eat anything in sight I had to remind my self of the paina nd the money that I did have the surgery done and I hav eto lose the weight.

I am on a ca, fat and protien count daily

I enter everything I eat on fitday I try not to go over 1200 cal a day and fat is 30 max protien 60 min and carbs I try to hit around 130

Some days I go over the cal because of my exercise they have said when I do my workouts I shoudl aim for 1500 cal a day

Good luck it will work it just comes off slower than we want but it is worth it and the slower weight loss is better on your body

I have 6 cc in my 10 cc band. I still don't feel the fullness that everyone talks about. I can eat a whole grill chicken sandwich. The only difference that I have is.....I have to chew really good. If I don't it does hurt. And I can't eat fast. When I chew good and slow down, I could have what ever I want. When should I expect to feel full?

I go Thursday to get a fill. I am going to ask what size band I have. I believe he said 10cc...but I am going to double check. I think I will also ask for a 2cc fill this time...although I do not believe he will do it. He seems to be pretty conserative. Although he has given me 1cc for the last 3 times. He told me last time to have patience (I guess I need to work on that).

Thanks everyone for your comments - I really appreciate them.

You know - I am not looking to loose 5 to 10 pounds a week like the R&Y but I would like to loose a steady 2.

I think one of you said "it is different for everyone," and that is so true. Some need alot of fills at first to eliminate that hungry feeling, others get it after a couple. I was due for a fill last week, but I don't feel hungry, and I am losing weight, so I cancelled. Just be patient with your own body and your own physicians way of doing things, (he is trying to do what he thinks is best for you), and it will all fall into place for you. Just keep making wise food choices and exercise. Just because you CAN eat something, don't eat it if you know you shouldn't, substitute fruit or vegies or more protien instead. It will all work out for all of us, just keep working at it and keep searching for your own personal sweet spot, it will come.

I was banded on 4/23/08 and go today for my second fill. My first fill on the 3 of June was only 1cc in a 14cc band. I haven't lost but 20lbs total, that includes the 10lbs I lost before the surgery. I am not gaining but am not feeling any restriction. I am going to ask the doctor today to do at least a 2cc fill as I am just ready after over 2 months to get this journey jump started.

I was banded April 3rd 2008, 4cc band, two fills for a total of 2cc...but I have only lost about 7lbs. It varies between 7& 12, up & down. I suppose its going to be a waiting game until I get to the sweet spot, but in the meanwhile I am starting walk/jog 3 times a week. I don't want to spend time documenting every calorie, though, because I am sick of obsessing about it. And I would like to KILL my scale. Still not sorry I did this though...I catch myself sometimes eating for emotional reasons, and although I can still do that, the band is like a safety net to keep me from overdoing it TOO much, like before. Looking forward to my sweet spot someday!

Ladies I so relate!!!!I am beginning to feel like I need to join the slow losers thread! I haven't lost weight in 2 weeks and I WATCH everything that goes in my mouth and log it in on daily plate. I started exercising and really working up a sweat and still the scale isn't moving. I don't cheat, no sweets, no in between snacking like I used to pre-band and I eat my Protein first where before it would have been carbs first:) I had 2cc's in my band day of surgery and my first fill 3 weeks later gave me a total of 5cc's but I feel no restriction at all. The only thing that lets me know I have a band is if I eat something too fast I get that golf ball thing but that's it. I went for sushi the other night and ate a whole roll thats 8 pieces! I should have stopped myself but I just wanted to test the band, I could have eaten another one but keeping a log that I have to show my doctor stopped me lol.

Enough ranting for today!