Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I second that! I have been gaining and losing the same 3-4 lbs for the past month. I got my 3rd fill this past Tuesday and am hoping it will help. I do have more restriction than with my first 2 fills but as some of the others have noted, the feeling I get isn't the feeling of being full or even satisfied, but more that of feeling slightly stuck after about a 1/2 cup of food. I feel hungry again a couple of hours later but in any case, I am eating less than I was before my 3rd fill. Now I have 4 ccs in an 8 cc band.

I evacuated to San Antonio on the 11th the day before Ike hit and came back on the 18th when my neighbors reported that the power was back in our neighborhood. I've just been really busy trying to get things back to normal since then.

Glad you made it back. I wondered if you evacuated. We came back the 13th and were without power for six days. I am so grateful we did not have damage.

I have had 3 fills and can still eat a whole Lean Cuisine. I have been getting stuck though, which tells me I do have more restriction. I am getting another fil in October and one in November. I hope to reach a sweet spot by then. I think I only have 3cc or less in a 10cc band. I have to journal all my food or I will overeat.

Hi everyone! What can I say- it's been way too long. I miss you guys!

A little update on myself- Been feeling really good. My clothes (especially my jeans) definitely don't fit anymore. Which is a GREAT feeling. :) I'm down a total of 30 pounds which has been GREAT- HOWEVER I've only lost 3 pounds these past 3 1/2 weeks :thumbup: My fill was doing absolutely nothing for me. I could eat rice, bread, you name it! It all went down! That being said- I was still very careful to only pick good foods- but I was definitely hungry alll the time.

Anyone else experience this?

Yesterday I went in for my second fill so we'll see how everything feels. I am only allowed liquids for two days after a fill, then mushies for another two days...so once I can eat solid food again I'll be able to gauge this whole "full" feeling.

Are you guys feeling full yet? Let me know!

I don't get my first fill until next week. I'm sooo hungry! And I am gaining. My guess is that the doctor who will do my first fill will be very conservative. that is both good and bad.

NOTE! I just learned this in conversation with my urologist today. She says it takes a full six months for our incisions to fully and completely heal! She said if you biopsy them, you can see this. -- So keep on being careful what you do! It's still early days for us.

Has anyone had problems with their gag reflex? I hate to be gross, but I need to know if I have a problem. I ate one bite of a corn casserole and it really make me gag (I got choked on a kernal of corn. After that it burned like heck where my port was and now it feels like it might have moved? Should I be concerned? That was on Wednesday and it's still tender today. Please tell me what you think. I don't go back for my 2nd fill until Oct. 20th. Thanks.

Has anyone had problems with their gag reflex? I hate to be gross, but I need to know if I have a problem. I ate one bite of a corn casserole and it really make me gag (I got choked on a kernal of corn. After that it burned like heck where my port was and now it feels like it might have moved? Should I be concerned? That was on Wednesday and it's still tender today. Please tell me what you think. I don't go back for my 2nd fill until Oct. 20th. Thanks.
I would call your Doc, better safe then sorry. I know every Doc is differant, but mine told me to avoid corn, it doesn't digest well and it's high in starch

"Has anyone had problems with their gag reflux?" For me, that is the definition of a lapband. It is more or less sensitive depending on the time of day (more in the morning), stress level (more with more stress), type of food (more if there is any flour--whole wheat or otherwise--or dry meat), time of the month (more if Aunt Flo is coming or here), or over about 10 oz of any sort of food. If I have air in the band, it is worse. I understand that if you are "overfilled" that is how you know--you are constantly in a cannot swallow mode that doesn't go away, no matter what you do.

Feeling pretty good lost 2 pounds this week and wasn't expecting it at all... (ate out 2 night this week) So Good start to the week! Hope everyone is doing good too!

Well, had my weekly weigh in today and i'm down 1 more lb. That's good and i'll take it considering we were out of town this weekend and ate out breakfist, lunch and dinner for the last 3 days.(must have been all the walking) I get my 2nd fill tuesday and I'm glad. I've lost 9lbs since my last fill (that will be 4wks on tuesday) so I guess I'm right on track, because they said they wanted to see 8 to 10lbs a month. Yeah me!! and Yeah to all of you that have met your goal this month :teeth_smile:

Orea, Glad to see you are still on LBT. I haven't seen you on the Mentor thread or the 50's thread. You are doing great. Don't put alot into your first fill. I have had my third and after the 2nd week of the fills I get hungry. Journal. Journal. Journal. It is the only way I can stay in check.

Well I got my second fill yesterday, and I wanted restriction boy did I get it.:) she took me from 3.6 to 4.8, it seemed fine at Doc's office but about 3 hours later I couldn't even swallow my own salava(SP?) I live an hour away and by the time I got hold of someone the office was closed.:) Man you talk about a horible night no sleep and kept vomiting all night. finely got to get some taken out, she went down to 4.4 and man what a major differance fluids are still going down slow but they're going down so for now I would say restriction has been met. Now the rest of the work is up to me. Oh, and still a little worried I might have to much. I guess time will tell

Kimaly -

I also got my second fill yesterday. I'm at 4cc's. I'm on liquids for three days. To be honest, I can't feel a difference. I'm starved. I'm hoping when I switch to solids I'll be able to notice.

Glad to hear you were able to get corrected. It sounds like you were miserable.

Kimaly: That overfill sounds scary; so glad you got it corrected. I had my third fill today and I can tell a big difference, but thankfully nothing like you experienced.

My first fill went well. I got 4 cc. in my 10 cc. APL band. Dr. Halmi says he usually puts in 4 - 4.5 initially, and he could feel some resistance at 4. I'm on full liquids for 24 hours and I can really feel the difference. I know that for most of us the first fill doesn't last, but for now, it's good.

I've been here reading, but not much to say. Watching the scale go up for the past month has not been fun, nor has the constant feeling of hunger. I'm hoping that the New Year brings me a consistent weight loss. I'm willing to do the work as long as I'm not screamingly hungry!

At least the first step hqs been taken.

My first fill went well. I got 4 cc. in my 10 cc. APL band. Dr. Halmi says he usually puts in 4 - 4.5 initially, and he could feel some resistance at 4. I'm on full liquids for 24 hours and I can really feel the difference. I know that for most of us the first fill doesn't last, but for now, it's good.

I've been here reading, but not much to say. Watching the scale go up for the past month has not been fun, nor has the constant feeling of hunger. I'm hoping that the New Year brings me a consistent weight loss. I'm willing to do the work as long as I'm not screamingly hungry!

At least the first step hqs been taken.

Hey Orea,

I glad to see your post. I actually had my second fill Monday so I am at a total of 4ccs now. I am doing well hanging in there I need to do more walking though and up my Protein. I did real well at the begining but I have slacked off since the emergency hernia repair at the begining of last month. Anyways I am glad to hear from you.

Thx to all, and orea don't worry your weight loss begins now. I'm glad everyones fills are going well. Even with the weight loss I've had I can really tell the differance in the things I can do. As far as walking and keeping up with my DH. He said this week end was the first time he didn't have to slow down to wait on me, I was waiting on him to catch up. Man, that really feels good! :cool2: