Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

New2me, I love my Tanita Body Fat scale, and I've had it for years. It has the metal strips at the spots for your feet, so it measures your weight and body fat %. The directions will explain that the body fat % will fluctuate with the time of day and amount of liquid in your body, but the weight is always accurate. Mine has lasted for so long (knock on wood). I'm tempted to buy another 1 though, just because of all the new cool models that Tanita has put out with even more features. I think I got mine at Sports Authority, but they sell them at quite a few places now, and online will probably be the cheapest. Good luck!

thanks so much.. I went on Amazon and found one that had 88 reviews and still had 4 stars! and mostly the reviews talked about the acuracy of the weight.. I just needed something.. I dont weigh myself all the time but at least once a week and it was driving my nuts not to know where I am at.. I didnt want to wait the every 6 weeks or so to go to the docs to weigh in and I didnt want to buy another "piece" if you know what I mean.. so I cant wait for it to get here.. then maybe I can finally change my ticker!! :thumbup:

Hi July bandsters! Is anyone struggling like I am? It's been five weeks since surgery and I'm afraid I'm getting back to my old ways. I'm so disappointed in myself. For the first time this week I gained weight! I need a fill soon!

Hi Boos. It'll be 6 weeks post-op for me tomorrow. I think that until we get our fills and get some good restriciton, it will be a struggle to avoid resorting back to old habits. If you have not started exercising, then you may want to start because it really helps keep you motivated to avoid overeating and bad food choices. You may not see much weight difference in the first couple of weeks of exercising, you might even gain a lb or 2 (I usually do in the first couple of weeks of any exercise program) but keep going because after the first couple of weeks, the weight starts to drop.

I'm so glad that I could help new2me! :cool2:

Boos02, I'm going thru that right now too, arghhhh!:cursing: So far today I've been doing well, and I must keep it up. But from Saturday-Monday I kinda had a free-for-all with food! I think I may have already posted this here, but it all started with my niece's wedding Saturday, then I just kept going.:w00t:

I hope that a fill will help this from reoccurring! Right now, I'll just have to depend on will power! I'm about 5 weeks out too. Good luck to us!

Hi July bandsters! Is anyone struggling like I am? It's been five weeks since surgery and I'm afraid I'm getting back to my old ways. I'm so disappointed in myself. For the first time this week I gained weight! I need a fill soon!

I try to find ways to stay busy.. my husband is in a med program and I stay at home with my 11month old and it is so tempting to stay home all day long.. but I have been trying to get into a routine.. walk to the library, walk to the park, walk to pick my husband up from the train.. walk to walgreens for a new toothbrush... you get my point :w00t:

staying active keeps me out of the kitchen.. where I might otherwise be tempted to snack.. its been a hard 6 weeks and I dont even know where I am at weight wise since my scale stinks.. but I get my first fill friday.. and I am more excited about the weigh in than the fill cause i know I am dropping sizes.. I am into the pants I had before my pregnancy.

hang in there!!

I think the temptation is to focus so much on the band and what it should be doing and the food we can or cant have.. we need to just get out there be active and make good choices when it is time to eat and the weight will come off!

I try to make it a point not to focus so much on my band.. but to get on with my life.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I got a fill last week and I am hungrier than before my first fill. There was air in my band and when the dr took it out I lost I guess was a good restriction. Anyway, it is sometimes a process of fills before you will get good restriction. Try eating more hard protein....such as lean meats, eggbeaters and low fat cheese. I can eat a whole Lean Cuisine and it will hold me for quite awhile. I gained weight this weekend when I ate a piece of cake and it triggered my old eating habits. Like everyone says the band is only a tool. Do you have a Wii ? I bought a Wii and the Wii fit. It has alot of good exercises on it and keeps track of your progress. Stay Strong! You will be sucessful!:w00t:

Yea I had my first fill a week ago and I'm feeling no restriction. But I am losing weight-fast enough that my doc prescribed preventative gall stone meds to me! Anyone else on these?

Anyway- It's definitely been frustrating not having the restriction that I desire with my band, but I have another fill September 25, so we'll see!

I've been working out every day (I swim laps during my lunch break) and staying active and outside on the weekends. Trying to soak in the sun before it goes away all too soon :w00t:

It's been a great learning process, and even though I can eat a lot more than I thought- I'm trying my best not to. I just keep hearing this voice that says "don't blow this!" and it makes it easier for me to stick with the healthier foods.

Have you guys tried quiche? It's a very soft/mushie friendly food and I've been loving it for lunch and dinner:

6 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1 cup cheese

salt and pepper

dash of nutmeg

1 can of spinach

bake on 375 for 35 mins! it's super easy and VERY yummy. Good way to get in Protein AND veggies :biggrin2:

Also, I had the morningstar farm chicken nuggets. They are vegetarian, but lots of protein and a very healthy alternative to real chicken nuggets!

Anyway- hope this helps. I love sharing recipes and stories. You guys are the best :biggrin2:

Have you guys tried quiche? It's a very soft/mushie friendly food and I've been loving it for lunch and dinner:

6 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1 cup cheese

salt and pepper

dash of nutmeg

1 can of spinach

bake on 375 for 35 mins! it's super easy and VERY yummy. Good way to get in Protein AND veggies :biggrin2:

PDXBanster,

I have never made quiche before do you just mix it all togther and put in a caserol type baking pan?

Do you have any other easy ideas like this one?

Yeah, I too would like to try this Quiche recipe, but doesn't quiche usually have a crust at the bottom? Or is that the idea to have no crust?

Also wondering what type dish do you cook it in? i'm not even on mushies anymore and i really want to try it. sounds great.

MEXI-TUNA

Mix together:

1 3 oz can (or packet) Star-Kist Premium Chunk Light tuna in Water

3/4 c canned black Beans

1/2 c salsa

1/2 c canned green beans (I like it with corn, I don't know what the difference in Protein would be then)

335 calories, 45 g protein, 41 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat (0 g saturated), 15 g Fiber

Make this and depending on your restriction you can divide this up in 3 or 4 different containers. or feed the spouse some too.

Michele

PROTEIN PUDDING

Mix together, then chill for 1 hour:

1 scoop chocolate whey-protein powder

6 oz 1% milk

1 tsp sugar-free Jell-O pudding mix

239 calories, 33 g Protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat (1 g saturated), 1 g fiber

COTTAGE cheese AND STRAWBERRIES

Mix together:

1 c Breakstone's 2% cottage cheese

3/4 c sliced strawberries

198 calories, 29 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (0.5 g saturated), 3 g fiber

Half the recipies or share, or store in containers for a quick go-to.

i go for my first fill today!!!!!

yeah me i am strting to be able to eat just about anything i ate a whole sandwich yesterday and a bowl of Soup for supper.

and before i couldnt do that.

so i think it is time.

Good luck Daisy. I hope you get good restriction but don't be too suprised or annoyed if you don't with the first fill. I got negligible restriction with my first fill last week so I'm looking forward to my second fill next week.

Yea I had my first fill a week ago and I'm feeling no restriction. But I am losing weight-fast enough that my doc prescribed preventative gall stone meds to me! Anyone else on these?

What is the meds? I would like to check into it. Thanks and congrats on the weight loss!:thumbup: